Mage Frost
US Thalnos
donator Posts: 132
Alliance
Mage
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

So, I was running from Duskwood to Stranglethorn Vale & shooting players an Arcane Intellect buff as I ran. Apparently when you buff a PVP player, you get flagged for PVP. This I did not know. Literally ten seconds after I got flagged I was attacked by a Horde Druid & Warrior who were hanging out in the Alliance zone. I Frost Nova'd them & blinked away to STV & hid under the bridge by the Rebel Camp until my flag wore off. This is why I play on a PVE server, I don't like being ganked while I'm out questing. Why would someone roll a character on a PVE server just to run around with PVP on? Why not just play on a PVP server if that's what you want? I hate world PVP, I mean I HATE it with a passion. Stop playing PVP on a PVE realm.

|About Me| |My WoW Blog|
My battletag is: RevChris#1597
Druid Restoration
EU Mograine
donator Posts: 7
Night Elf
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

The trend in my server (PvP) is quite opposite. People run away from PvP-situations. If player from opposite faction attacks you, there is rarely anyone willing to help you, even if it would be 3v1 situation. And the biggest mistake is to ask help in /3 local defence; you'll get shamed pretty fast with "why don't you just let them be, idiots!!!" -type of comments. Start playing PVP on a PVP realm.

Arathi Basin
EU Ten Storms
donator Posts: 253
Alliance
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

EL_KUKKO wrote:
4 years ago
The trend in my server (PvP) is quite opposite. People run away from PvP-situations. If player from opposite faction attacks you, there is rarely anyone willing to help you, even if it would be 3v1 situation. And the biggest mistake is to ask help in /3 local defence; you'll get shamed pretty fast with "why don't you just let them be, idiots!!!" -type of comments. Start playing PVP on a PVP realm.
Switch server, lol.

I'm on Skullflame and it has been kill on sight 24/7 non stop. Insanely fun!

Altaholic playing the following:
Ten Storms EU Alliance
Finnigan - Dwarf Hunter Lvl 30
Portalmaster - Gnome Mage Lvl 19
Shaelur - Dwarf Paladin Lvl 22
Shaelus - Night Elf Druid Lvl 50
Badlands
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 367
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Erik wrote:
4 years ago
I'm on Skullflame and it has been kill on sight 24/7 non stop. Insanely fun!
I can attest to this...

Image    Image    Image
Warlock Destruction
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 307
Undead
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

ReverendChris wrote:
4 years ago
Apparently when you buff a PVP player, you get flagged for PVP.
Sweet summer child. It's even worse for classes who can AoE. If I'm not mistaken, if they walk in your AoE and take damage then you get flagged too.

Alterac Valley
EU Wyrmthalak
donator Posts: 175
Dwarf
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

donator Posts: 1
Orc
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

A dead dwarf is just as tasty on a PvE server as it is on a PvP server. Live and learn - next time don't get yourself flagged.

Pippina Selexin
Ashenvale
US Bloodsail Buccaneers
donator Posts: 75
Night Elf
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Erik wrote:
4 years ago
And the biggest mistake is to ask help in /3 local defence; you'll get shamed pretty fast
That's terrible. Not the case on Deviate Delight. As soon as you call out Horde locations, tons of willing Allies are on the way, especially if it's a zone like Duskwood or Redridge.

Arithil - Warrior Tank
Arathi Basin
EU Ten Storms
donator Posts: 253
Alliance
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Falcon wrote:
4 years ago
Erik wrote:
4 years ago
And the biggest mistake is to ask help in /3 local defence; you'll get shamed pretty fast
That's terrible. Not the case on Deviate Delight. As soon as you call out Horde locations, tons of willing Allies are on the way, especially if it's a zone like Duskwood or Redridge.
That was not my quote

Altaholic playing the following:
Ten Storms EU Alliance
Finnigan - Dwarf Hunter Lvl 30
Portalmaster - Gnome Mage Lvl 19
Shaelur - Dwarf Paladin Lvl 22
Shaelus - Night Elf Druid Lvl 50
Rogue Assassination
US Westfall
donator Posts: 81
Human
Rogue
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

This thread is a big yikes from me.

Loch modan
EU Judgement
donator Posts: 33
Dwarf
Priest
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

There are ways you can avoid this, like not getting flagged.
Now that you know that buffing causes that you can continue your PVE adventure, but try to be reasonable.
You can't expect people to not do world PVP just because you don't like it.
As long as you have the tools to avoid it, it is your duty to use them, not other players' duty to not kill you because "you don't like being killed".