Orange squash
Cherry Coke
Meat feast pasta bake
Chicken Pizza
Chinese Stir Fry
Tinned Tuna
Quorn Chicken
Fajita and Enchillada kits
Mac & Cheese - comfort food for Stranglethorn.
Milk Chocolate Covered Peanuts 2 Kilo Bag
Pom Bear
Nescafé Gold Unsweetened Cappuccino
Jack Daniels Whiskey for the weekends
2 cans of Relentless origin for 1 all-nighter.
Incense sticks - cream

Is there anything I should add to my list?
For the alliance!

Stfuppercut couchatron Cielos
| Kazumi[33] - Frost Mage, Wetpaint[49] - Prot Warrior | Golemagg PVP|
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Kazukii wrote:
4 years ago
This looks pretty good. I'd grab a few liquid meal replacements for some really quick eats. Will also help your monitor your caloric intake. I'd also add a few supplements to help round out your nutrition with minimal effort.

Outside of nutrition how are your ergonomics? Good computer chair and desk? Potential to get an elevating desk that will allow you to periodically stand? What about heat... Have you considered your environment? Buy some fans or get a new AC to help with airflow in your house. I even changed the lighting in my computer room. I have a warmer light that will be behind me in the corner of the room, adds less strain to my eyes. Speaking of eyes, add some eye drops to your shopping list to help keep your eyes nice and lubed. I have a pretty good setup with my desk now. I have a large foam pad underneath it, elevating desk, two chairs to rotate between and I've created a few exercise band attachments so I can keep my blood flowing during the grind. Always able to do some standing squats or toss around some free-weights or bands.

Any foreseeable performance issues with your comp? Entertainment? Are you running a dual monitor setup or do you have a TV nearby? Have you created your spotify playlists for the long grinds? Have you prepared a few series that you intend on watching during the grind? Podcasts etc?

Pets? I live in a condo and know I wont always be able to run my down outside when SHE needs to pee. In preparation I have trained her on a faux grass pee pad on my balcony that she can use in emergencies so I will have a bit of wiggle room with her walks. We will still do the 3 walks per day, but I cant guarantee that they will be on her schedule, so we've prepared.

Relationships? Have you prepped your significant other? Add a bunch of shit on your list that your significant other may enjoy. Earn WHATEVER favor you can with that individual so that you can leverage it later... During your grind.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Felwood
donator Posts: 185
Gnome
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago
Outside of nutrition how are your ergonomics? Good computer chair and desk? Potential to get an elevating desk that will allow you to periodically stand? What about heat... Have you considered your environment? Buy some fans or get a new AC to help with airflow in your house. I even changed the lighting in my computer room. I have a warmer light that will be behind me in the corner of the room, adds less strain to my eyes. Speaking of eyes, add some eye drops to your shopping list to help keep your eyes nice and lubed. I have a pretty good setup with my desk now. I have a large foam pad underneath it, elevating desk, two chairs to rotate between and I've created a few exercise band attachments so I can keep my blood flowing during the grind. Always able to do some standing squats or toss around some free-weights or bands.

Any foreseeable performance issues with your comp? Entertainment? Are you running a dual monitor setup or do you have a TV nearby? Have you created your spotify playlists for the long grinds? Have you prepared a few series that you intend on watching during the grind? Podcasts etc?

Pets? I live in a condo and know I wont always be able to run my down outside when SHE needs to pee. In preparation I have trained her on a faux grass pee pad on my balcony that she can use in emergencies so I will have a bit of wiggle room with her walks. We will still do the 3 walks per day, but I cant guarantee that they will be on her schedule, so we've prepared.

Relationships? Have you prepped your significant other? Add a bunch of shit on your list that your significant other may enjoy. Earn WHATEVER favor you can with that individual so that you can leverage it later... During your grind.
My dining room is also my computer room, and the sofa is comfortable enough to sleep on. A wall is all that separates me from the kitchen so the effort in cooking meals is minimal, and my weights bench isn't far either.
Air conditioning is too expensive to set up right now which is a shame as fresh cool air would be beneficial in this summer heat. Got eye spray on my desk, definitely going to need that.

I have a laptop I will be using which amazingly runs the same if not better than the desktop does! for ease of comfort I will be playing from the laptop and running wowhead and video on the desktop dual screen setup, video would be probably cartoons that were around back then, such as south park.

my music playlist is still a work in progress,
Pet and a GF sadly I have none :(

Stfuppercut
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Kazukii wrote:
4 years ago
You are more prepared than I am. You can get either a gf or a pet at any time, vanilla only relaunches once in a lifetime.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Blasted Lands
donator Posts: 204
Horde
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Kazukii wrote:
4 years ago

teebling Escalotes Cielos
 Blizzard Entertainment
You think you do, but you don’t
Searing Gorge
donator Posts: 28
Horde
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

You all make me feel underprepared.

My rig consists of a single mid 2017 Macbook Pro, Jarvis sit/stand desk, and a Herman Miller Mirra.

Here are a few things I've done to prepare myself for launch:

- Dug out my old original Icemat (glass!)
- Purchased a new mouse (Razer Deathadder elite)
- Purchased a new mechanical keyboard (Durgod Taurus K320)
- Cleared my schedule -- PTO the 28th -> 30th (I have that following Monday off... IOW 153 hours to grind)
- Prepped the SO (she has no idea what she's in for but I've done a pretty good job at explaining the whole nostalgia thing)

Meal prep/planning is next up on my agenda...

Stfuppercut
Larry the Undead Priest @ Fairbanks
Tirisfal Glades
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 301
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Stay away from caffeine and alcohol if you're planning on playing more than 4 hours in one session.
Drink lots of water.
Eat healthy. Or at least as little possible junk food as you can.

I did the whole 'energy drink burger king coffee for days' back in Vanilla/TBC. That shit harmed my body more than probably anything I did it to it.

Non food additions:

Well lit room.
Comfortable seating.
Happy wife.
No distractions.

Selexin s1atan Grindhouse
<Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats> | Arugal Horde
Powered by https://classic.wowhead.com/item=9061/g ... ocket-fuel, our Fuel Rats go above and beyond to help out others.
Will you answer the call?
Guild Info ~ Stories ~ Discord
Arathi Basin
EU Ten Storms
donator Posts: 253
Alliance
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

So, if you take my newborn baby out of the equation my shopping list should look like this.

3x Monster Ultra Red per day for two weeks
2-3 Pepsi Max 33cl cans in between the Ultras
Food I cook for myself and GF
Dog walks for 4hrs a day divided into 4 walks (Divided in hours: 1, 0.5, 2, 0.5)
My dog Grace is my best friend by miles, would never not walk her!

I've also made a signed contract with my gf that I'm allowed to play 24/7 as long as I
take care of the baby when it's awake. It's 5 pages long and contains pie charts and
a map of all fire exits of the apartment. High end stuff. Made one too once BFA came out.

Altaholic playing the following:
Ten Storms EU Alliance
Finnigan - Dwarf Hunter Lvl 30
Portalmaster - Gnome Mage Lvl 19
Shaelur - Dwarf Paladin Lvl 22
Shaelus - Night Elf Druid Lvl 50
Felwood
Gnome
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Gallow wrote:
4 years ago
Stay away from caffeine and alcohol if you're planning on playing more than 4 hours in one session.
Drink lots of water.
Eat healthy. Or at least as little possible junk food as you can.

I did the whole 'energy drink burger king coffee for days' back in Vanilla/TBC. That shit harmed my body more than probably anything I did it to it.
I will probably perform one all-nighter around the weekend just because I used to do that in the past.
Now that I'm older it doesn't do a whole lot for me except give me a lot of excess anxious energy which isn't all that useful while I'm hunched over a computer screen.

My diet should be alright, I enjoy cooking but Microwave meals and pizza will be the norm until I hit 60.
If I try to cook something by a recipe I am losing 30-120 minutes of game-time.

Hunter Survival
US Smolderweb
donator Posts: 241
Tauren
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I keep a bunch of these peanut butter balls in the fridge:

Decent source of protein and a great hunger suppressant thanks to their thick texture. The recipe is impossible to screw up.

Silithus
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 39
Orc
Hunter
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

There's a serious lack of Hot Pockets in this thread...

teebling
The Scarab Gong looms ominously before you. Steel yourself, adventurer; for once the Scarab Gong is rung, the gates of Ahn'Qiraj will be opened.
From the slackened maw of the beast can only come chaos and destruction. Defend your people!
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I know a lot more about health and nutrition than I did 15 years ago in high school. I agree with Gallow and I am going to avoid drinking energy drinks and coffee and eating fast food this time. I did the energy drinks and burger king diet the first time around too, and it's not great. Being able to put in long hours without feeling like garbage is going to involve lots of water and meal prepping. I also have a garage gym set up and an exercise bike next to the computer, so I'm going to get in some cardio and lifting throughout the day to keep the blood flowing.

Good thing I don't cook complicated food, so even meal prepping won't be an issue. Throw some rice in the cooker, cook some ground beef, throw in some veggies, and make a couple extra Tupperwares for the next few days. Makes eating healthy during long grinds easy when there's tubs of fresh food ready to go in the microwave.

So my shopping list for launch day won't be any different from my usual grocery list. Eating clean, staying hydrated, and getting some lifting im through the week should keep me alert and ready to soak up the grind without feeling like garbage by the end of it. The anti-hotpocket route.

Arathi Basin
donator Posts: 326
Undead
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Gallow wrote:
4 years ago
if you're planning on playing more than 4 hours
4 HOURS? YOU MEAN 24HOURS OR 48HOURS BUT 4 :p Just joking!

Ye never drink caffeine if you wanna stay awake long. The best you can do is drinking water and eating healthy, easy to stay awake if you just follow these 2 rules and you win!

Undead Priest @ <reLAX>
Twitch Channel, feel free to take a look :)!
Warlock Affliction
US Kirtonos
donator Posts: 363
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Kazukii wrote:
4 years ago
Here is my shopping list prior to launch day:

50L water container with tap
Orange squash
Cherry Coke
Meat feast pasta bake
Chicken Pizza
Chinese Stir Fry
Tinned Tuna
Quorn Chicken
Pom Bear
Incense sticks - cream

For the alliance!
That's alot of food and drink for Tuesday!
Good God man!

I would add more pizza to that list and take out everything else!
Just get 20 Boxes of Pizza for the week!
Blend up your Pizza if you have to!

I mean if you want to level your pizza to 60, I would just get more pizza

Sincerely, Pizza

Image Image
Image Image
| Nýxt - Demonology Warlock | Kirtonos PVP | Level 50 | - | Awkaran - Resto Druid | Kirtonos PVP | Level 20 |
| Fatherbatch - Holy Priest | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 | - | Reignmaker - Frost Mage | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 |
Elwynn Forest
US Old Blanchy
donator Posts: 102
Alliance
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Kazukii wrote:
4 years ago
For the alliance!
Well, if your ally, get some alliance blue. But only 1x 2L because it sux. then get code red because its actually good.

Blasted Lands
donator Posts: 204
Horde
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

beached wrote:
4 years ago
Kazukii wrote:
4 years ago
For the alliance!
Well, if your ally, get some alliance blue. But only 1x 2L because it sux. then get code red because its actually good.

D: they should sell these again

Blizzard Entertainment
You think you do, but you don’t
Ashenvale
donator Posts: 270
Alliance
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Kazukii wrote:
4 years ago

Not mine but I love this pic

teebling Grindhouse tygoro
Felwood
Gnome
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Nyxt wrote:
4 years ago
Kazukii wrote:
4 years ago
Here is my shopping list prior to launch day:

50L water container with tap
Orange squash
Cherry Coke
Meat feast pasta bake
Chicken Pizza
Chinese Stir Fry
Tinned Tuna
Quorn Chicken
Pom Bear
Incense sticks - cream

For the alliance!
That's alot of food and drink for Tuesday!
Good God man!

I would add more pizza to that list and take out everything else!
Just get 20 Boxes of Pizza for the week!
Blend up your Pizza if you have to!

I mean if you want to level your pizza to 60, I would just get more pizza

Sincerely, Pizza
My list is for the first week of launch and I do plan on ordering the largest size Meat pizza my pizzeria delivers on THE day ;)
Pizza is certainly one of the best meals to prepare on long grinds, and you can vary pizza around a balanced diet.

Warlock Affliction
US Kirtonos
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Kazukii wrote:
4 years ago
and you can vary a balanced diet around pizza.
Fixed!

Image Image
Image Image
| Nýxt - Demonology Warlock | Kirtonos PVP | Level 50 | - | Awkaran - Resto Druid | Kirtonos PVP | Level 20 |
| Fatherbatch - Holy Priest | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 | - | Reignmaker - Frost Mage | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 |
Warlock Affliction
US Kirtonos
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Tec wrote:
4 years ago

They are cool because they say Warcraft but they do not taste good!
I'm a Mountain Dew guy and a wow guy but they did not make a good product, seems like they wanted to cash in on the game lol

Better off with Code Red like stated by @beached for Horde and Voltage for the Blue-ish version

Image Image
Image Image
Felwood
Gnome
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Nyxt wrote:
4 years ago
Tec wrote:
4 years ago

They are cool because they say Warcraft but they do not taste good!
I'm a Mountain Dew guy and a wow guy but they did not make a good product, seems like they wanted to cash in on the game lol

Better off with Code Red like stated by @beached for Horde and Voltage for the Blue-ish version
I will be playing Alliance. I don't think they sell warcraft dew now, I will have to buy mountain dew voltage and pour it into an Alliance glass.

Warlock Affliction
US Kirtonos
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Kazukii wrote:
4 years ago
I will be playing Alliance. I don't think they sell warcraft dew now, I will have to buy mountain dew voltage and pour it into an Alliance glass.
Good Man!

Image Image
Image Image
Elwynn Forest
US Old Blanchy
donator Posts: 102
Alliance
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Nyxt wrote:
4 years ago
Kazukii wrote:
4 years ago
My Understanding that Horde red == Code red, and Alliance Blue == Voltage? I thought they just had fancy labels for a period of time, but its the same liquid inside?

Warlock Affliction
US Kirtonos
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

beached wrote:
4 years ago
My Understanding that Horde red == Code red, and Alliance Blue == Voltage? I thought they just had fancy labels for a period of time, but its the same liquid inside?
Nope look at the picture @Tec posted.
The Horde version says citrus cherry, which is not code red...code red is just cherry flavor...aka Mountain dew mixed with cherry
The Alliance version says Wild Fruit, which is not voltage...voltage is a raspberry flavor

They made two new flavors for the game WOW, one for the horde (red drink) and one for the alliance (blue drink).
Which neither have exited before...not very good tasting

Image Image
Image Image
US Smolderweb
donator Posts: 165
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Just need to stock up on protein (vegan so no side effects), tp, rice, and veg!