Warrior

Spambots can gain access D: <<serious bug>>

Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior

Hey Hog,

All the anti spam measures possible are already in place so literally nothing we can do when a really smart one breaks through the security.

Will have another look at some extra precautions beyond recaptcha which is already incredibly strong and sufficient vs most bots.

Syturio
Teldrassil
US Herod
donator Posts: 31
Alliance
Mage

Something that never fails is, instead of using reCaptcha (or as an addition), creating a custom question for the users to answer. For example: “What World of Warcraft zone is this forum named after?”. I bet any bot won't be able to go through the registration form unless it's specifically made for this forum.

Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Orc
Warrior

Flerex wrote:
5 years ago
Something that never fails is, instead of using reCaptcha (or as an addition), creating a custom question for the users to answer. For example: “What World of Warcraft zone is this forum named after?”. I bet any bot won't be able to go through the registration form unless it's specifically made for this forum.
Very nice idea, will consider adding this for user registration in next patch.

Althogh see my post re: the recent attacks on main forum - basically I disabled something and forgot about it hence the registrations lol.

The security was already satisfactory until i messed up!

Teldrassil
US Herod
donator Posts: 31
Alliance
Mage

Description: The forum does not support retina displays.
Browser: Safari 12.0.3
Screenshot:

SpoilerShow
Images in the forum are uploaded using a single sprite, which is designed for regular x1 displays. This means that, in x2 displays (retina), there would be 4px where in regular displays there's only 1px, so images are zoomed to fill more pixels and, thus, making them look blurred. In this article there's an easy way to fix it.

Syturio
Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Orc
Warrior

Hey Flerex,

Thanks for the suggestion. It’s something I have considered before but the work would be immense. When I made up all the art assets I did them in raster format meaning that I can’t enlarge them to retina dimensions without also blurring and distorting them.

So if I wanted to implement retina support I would have to completely repaint every art asset at those dimensions which is too much for right now anyway.

Have added it to ‘postponed ideas’ list for the future when I run out of other ideas :razz:

Flerex
Elwynn Forest
EU Shazzrah
donator Posts: 35
Horde
Rogue

*minor*
Opera / Windwos

Go and Advanced in Search menu on the main page have unnatural post click color.

teebling
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Druid Feral
donator Posts: 16
Alliance
Druid

Issue: Longer titles aren't displayed fully when you open up a post

OS & Browser: Windows 10 64bit / Google Chrome 73.0.3683.86

Screenshot:

Topic ListShow
View TopicShow

Possible Solution:

Remove

Code: Select all

white-space: nowrap;
from

Code: Select all

.viewtopictitle h1
This could cause further bugs so it needs testing!

teebling
Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid

Minor Gripe: Misaligned Buttons on homepage.

Windows 10/Firefox

teebling
Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Undercity
EU Shazzrah
donator Posts: 182
Horde
Rogue

Syturio wrote:
5 years ago
On "Credits" page, GIF Brewery has a wrong link.
http://prntscr.com/lm650l
You forgot to fix this minor error @teebling :lol:

ModeratorPrivate Message
Alterac Valley
donator Posts: 83
Human
Paladin

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=904&start=250

Large threads seem to cause the number to bump down (but not when your closer to the last page).

teebling
Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Orc
Warrior

Tyvm Hen

Ashenvale
donator Posts: 270
Alliance
Shaman
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I just became an Alliance Shaman.

May not be a big deal. Was kind of weird how I got it, and may not be repeatable for anyone else. This was th first time I edited the profile since you added the race options.

Went in thinking about adding my race. Clicked the race. Saw the shaman option go dark. Clicked back to Alliance. Clicked shaman I think? Or it was already clicked? Anyway it was clicked and darkened somehow (late here). Hit submit. Profile came up as being Alliance without a class. Went back to selection page. Shaman wasn’t darkened anymore. Selected shaman. Submitted. Now am an Alliance Shaman.

And I am keeping it.

teebling
Mage Frost
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 61
Gnome
Mage
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

A short description of the issue: When previewing text in the full editor, if a line break it required it will be made no matter. I saw it split "out" into "ou-*linebreak*-t. The whole word should instead be moved to the next line, and larger words should be split where it makes sense.
Your OS and browser: Windows 10, Chrome

Yeah, it's minor and subtle. It's still a thing, though.

teebling
Mage Frost
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 61
Gnome
Mage
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Description: Your countdown for WoW classic on the front page decrements on midday CEST and not midnight CEST. It didn't change yesterday night, but it just changed now.
Source: I live in CEST.

Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Orc
Warrior
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Bumlebi wrote:
5 years ago
Description: Your countdown for WoW classic on the front page decrements on midday CEST and not midnight CEST. It didn't change yesterday night, but it just changed now.
Source: I live in CEST.
Ah okay, thanks. I've now based on Universal Coordinated Time (UTC) so that people can apply their timezone to get a super accurate time. For you just add an hour. The hours and minutes will display when the countdown reaches less than 1 day.

Bumlebi
Mage Frost
donator Posts: 24
Night Elf
Hunter
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I cant change banner on my profile, when i change picture the old remains only the size changes to the same dimensions as the new banner i try to upload.

Be the Hunter, not the hunted
Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Orc
Warrior
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Ava wrote:
5 years ago
I cant change banner on my profile, when i change picture the old remains only the size changes to the same dimensions as the new banner i try to upload.
Hey ava, are the filenames of the pictures different?

Mage Frost
Night Elf
Hunter
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
5 years ago
Ava wrote:
5 years ago
Yes they have different names :)

Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Orc
Warrior
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Ava wrote:
5 years ago
teebling wrote:
5 years ago
Ava wrote:
5 years ago
Okay guess this is a new bug then :smile: Have you tried deleting the banner image first, then uploading the new one?

Mage Frost
Night Elf
Hunter
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
5 years ago
Ava wrote:
5 years ago
teebling wrote:
5 years ago
Ava wrote:
5 years ago
Okay guess this is a new bug then :smile: Have you tried deleting the banner image first, then uploading the new one?
I have tried that aswell, yes :)

Mage Frost
Night Elf
Hunter
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Ava wrote:
5 years ago
teebling wrote:
5 years ago
Ava wrote:
5 years ago
teebling wrote:
5 years ago
Ava wrote:
5 years ago
I have tried that aswell, yes :)
UPDATE: When i went to my profile a few minutes ago the banner changed, this is 24~ hours since the change. So my issue is resolved. but it might still be a bug! :)

teebling

Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Orc
Warrior
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

@Ava okay not a bug then - basically your browser’s cache still had the old image stored so it didn’t show the new one until the cache was cleared.

Ava
Mage Frost
Night Elf
Hunter
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
5 years ago
@Ava okay not a bug then - basically your browser’s cache still had the old image stored so it didn’t show the new one until the cache was cleared.
Ah! sounds reasonable, my bad. Thanks for the quick and great support!

Arathi Highlands
US Old Blanchy
donator Posts: 41
Undead
Mage
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Got a PHP error from all of this. Also, holy hell turn off PHP debug messages.

Yikes.