Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior

inthedark72 wrote:
5 years ago
teebling,

I was wondering if there are plans to further categorize Realms by timezone? Thank you for your all your work, this is an awesome website!
Hey IND,

Will have to see how many realms are planned for Classic when we get an announcement and then will think forward from that point onwards.

Cheers :smile:

inthedark72
Undercity
EU Shazzrah
donator Posts: 182
Horde
Rogue
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

@teebling I have this bad habit of opening tons of browser tabs with cool threads i would like to read later, it's getting out of hand :lol: Any plans to add a "Save" / "View later" threads feature? Reddit has something similar, youtube too for videos.

teebling
ModeratorPrivate Message
Ashenvale
donator Posts: 270
Alliance
Shaman
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hey Teebs, is there anything you could do to make the Alliance and Horde banners more distinct from the Human and Orc banners? Maybe wider or larger somehow for the general faction banners?

I love checking what everyone is as I scroll through a topic, but these two always make me have to double check.

The Barrens
donator Posts: 47
Orc
Warrior
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Syturio wrote:
5 years ago
@teebling I have this bad habit of opening tons of browser tabs with cool threads i would like to read later, it's getting out of hand :lol: Any plans to add a "Save" / "View later" threads feature? Reddit has something similar, youtube too for videos.
Would love this as well! Otherwise I must say it's an amazing design and forum. I'm really impressed.

Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Orc
Warrior
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Derek wrote:
5 years ago
Syturio wrote:
5 years ago
Would love this as well! Otherwise I must say it's an amazing design and forum. I'm really impressed.
Just subscribe to the threads using the button at the bottom.

Then you can go to your user dropdown > subscriptions and they're all there in a list.

You'll receive notifications for any replies in those topics when they're on that list, which might be the only downside to this which you might not want.

Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 177
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I understand you have an addon that puts all the post in one page, however it might be confusing for new comers that have never used forum software. Any way to make it toggle-able for users? I would really love to see all the different forums/categories and a sidebar on the right or left with recent posts and another for recent topics.

Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Orc
Warrior
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hey Knox, the one forum system is working pretty well so far - I don’t think it needs to be changed.

Syturio
Druid Feral
donator Posts: 4
Orc
Druid
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Have you considered special functionality for guilds? Someone could create a guild, which spawns a private forum. He can give out an invite link (who register and instantly join), or specifically invite board members. There can also be public posts, like recruitment posts and such things. Include a way to list all guilds, filter per realm/faction and you have a winner!

Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Orc
Warrior
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

XGDragon wrote:
5 years ago
Have you considered special functionality for guilds? Someone could create a guild, which spawns a private forum. He can give out an invite link (who register and instantly join), or specifically invite board members. There can also be public posts, like recruitment posts and such things. Include a way to list all guilds, filter per realm/faction and you have a winner!
Hey XG, I have indeed considered this before but it is too much of a deviation from what this place is - a discussion forum.

As soon as guilds get involved it will be a nightmare to manage and also take a lot of development time to build.

Not to mention I personally know a few developers who are in the process of building standalone sites for this.

Good suggestion but I don’t plan on doing this at the moment.

Druid Feral
donator Posts: 4
Orc
Druid
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

In that case, consider a Links tab where people can post their websites for various functionalities like the one I described. The link submissioms should be verified by you to combat spam. I'd love an aggregation of useful tools.

Knoxtane
Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Orc
Warrior
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

XGDragon wrote:
5 years ago
In that case, consider a Links tab where people can post their websites for various functionalities like the one I described. The link submissioms should be verified by you to combat spam. I'd love an aggregation of useful tools.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1091

There are guild related things there too ^

Arathi Basin
donator Posts: 326
Undead
Priest
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Maybe put a restriction on post with only 2 or 3 characters.

I mean a Post with just: "no" or "yes" is not that cool tbh.

Undead Priest @ <reLAX>
Twitch Channel, feel free to take a look :)!
Arathi Basin
Undead
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hello,
maybe show the thread name not the link if you post a link to a other thread here:

teebling
Undead Priest @ <reLAX>
Ironforge
donator Posts: 9
Alliance
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

All links that direct to different websites, should have a target='_blank' attribute.
With this attribute the user will not leave this site and instead a new tab will be opened.

teebling
I never cover up the things I'm proud of. If the world was gonna split in half tomorrow, I’d buy the Dark Portal and slap a toll booth on it.
- Jastor Gallywix
Arathi Basin
Undead
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Also, could you add Classicdb as a known ressource? They offer a .js script which can you use... https://classicdb.ch/?item=20769
I am not a fan of wowhead...to overloaded...

Undead Priest @ <reLAX>
Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

aeh wrote:
4 years ago
Also, could you add Classicdb as a known ressource? They offer a .js script which can you use... https://classicdb.ch/?item=20769
Coming next patch.

This was actually implemented before when classic.db was an http site (insecure) - what that meant is that some people with certain browsers and OS couldn’t access bchat because I was hosting scripts to ‘unsecure sites’! So I took it off.

Classicdb is now https however so I will 100% be reintroducing it this patch.

aeh
Arathi Basin
Undead
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
4 years ago
aeh wrote:
4 years ago
Coming next patch.

This was actually implemented before when classic.db was an http site (insecure) - what that meant is that some people with certain browsers and OS couldn’t access bchat because I was hosting scripts to ‘unsecure sites’! So I took it off.

Classicdb is now https however so I will 100% be reintroducing it this patch.
Cool, thank you! <3

Undead Priest @ <reLAX>
Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

- Nulled - Saw your away IRL post. Realms will soon be listed!

Hunter Marksman
EU Sulfuron
donator Posts: 61
Horde
Hunter
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I'm not sure if that feature has been suggested yet :

I think it could be cool to have some additional social links added to our profile, things such as Twitter, Youtube or Twitch.

Could bring some more depth to the profile and give the opportunity to curious people to see what those persons are working on through those links.

Tweeked website to see what it could look like

SpoilerShow

teebling
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, but today is a gift : that's why it's called present."
Badlands
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 367
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Integrating daily/weekly "site" quests in an effort to have people drop by the site to complete them. Completing one could give you an exp boost or unlock cool avatar frames?

quest ex:

- comment on a post in forums.

- Submit a picture in Gallery

- Complete your profile.

Random ideas:

- Getting level 60 can allow you to submit your own avatar pic? or new backgound header?

- An LFG, LFM category in forums?

Image    Image    Image
Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Hey Teebs. Was curious if you wanted to create an off-site...site. Like a sister site. This could be for Retail WoW, if you wanted to enlarge the "BarrensChat" Network.

Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Knoxtane wrote:
4 years ago
Hey Teebs. Was curious if you wanted to create an off-site...site. Like a sister site. This could be for Retail WoW, if you wanted to enlarge the "BarrensChat" Network.
Not at the moment but I'll be thinking about this later in the year.

Knoxtane
Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

@Caperfin a good suggestion and one that has been made before. We trialled this with 'achievements' back in patch 1.2 or 1.3 but the overall feedback and experience with that was that people just ended up post whoring in order to get the badges. Since then I've come back to the Commendations system for contributions to the site - which reminds me I haven't given you one yet for all your guides and support here!!

Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

A news team for BC.

A few select members to write articles for the site on updates, patches and additional information about/for Classic.

@teebling

Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Knoxtane wrote:
4 years ago
A news team for BC.

A few select members to write articles for the site on updates, patches and additional information about/for Classic.
The issue with this is that it needs to be maintained and completely up to date in order to satisfy readers. News is already promulgated here by forum posts pretty quickly and then everyone can comment in the topic afterwards, whereas a blog/news type thing wouldn't be as interactive.

As for collating information about the game, I already said in patch 1.10 notes that I don't want this to be the aim of the site any more (hence the Guides section going). There are sites out there that do this job far better than I ever could!