Undercity
EU Shazzrah
donator Posts: 182
Horde
Rogue

Henhouse wrote:
5 years ago
I have another suggestion! When browsing pages where the posts are very lengthy, I am forced to scroll quite a lot back to the top to change where I want to go. If you could somehow cram a subtle "Up?" or arrow or something of sorts that would just pop me back to the top immediately (maybe somewhere in between the last post and the quick reply box), that would be incredible.

Example thread with a lot of scrolling: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=101
I agree 100% with you, i actually thought about this almost a month ago. It's a nice quality-of-life feature.

ModeratorPrivate Message
Tirisfal Glades
donator Posts: 176
Undead
Priest

So, as many of us would probably agree; Barrens Chat is a great resource and place to congregate on ideas and general discussion.

@teeb has done a great job in its assembly. Would a mobile app be appropriate? I know I'd throw $0.99 or $1.99 (standard pricing on app stores) to have it accessible while I'm on the go.

I'm technicalogically unable to create such a thing, so I dont know what kind of workload that would entail. But I am sure there would be users capable of assisting Teeb in its development and maintainence?

Thoughts? Interest?

Cowyousaid Cram
<Extreme>
Council Chairman
US-Horde
Blaumeux
Shaman Restoration
donator Posts: 24
Horde
Shaman

Personally, I just use my browser and it works fine on my device. The forum software may be compatible with Tapatalk, so that could be an option, if Teeb wants to use that.

Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior

Dolamite wrote:
5 years ago
So, as many of us would probably agree; Barrens Chat is a great resource and place to congregate on ideas and general discussion.

@teeb has done a great job in its assembly. Would a mobile app be appropriate? I know I'd throw $0.99 or $1.99 (standard pricing on app stores) to have it accessible while I'm on the go.

I'm technicalogically unable to create such a thing, so I dont know what kind of workload that would entail. But I am sure there would be users capable of assisting Teeb in its development and maintainence?

Thoughts? Interest?
I've merged this into the existing idea/suggestions thread.

Thanks for the suggestion but there's a few reasons why this can't happen:

• I don't know how to develop for iOS or Android, at all. I'm not going to learn two new disciplines from scratch to make an app when we already have a mobile version of the site.
  • I spend a lot of time working on the mobile version of the website alongside the desktop site, which is as good as it can be without sacrificing functionality and appearance. This doubles my workload as it is anyway.
  • I could just be lazy and introduce tapatalk as has been mentioned but I'd prefer to keep the site experience unique and within my control in terms of functionality and appearance.

Sorry if that's a disappointment to you Dol. If you have any suggestions re: mobile version that I can help to make your experience better then just mention them in here :smile:

Dolamite
Tirisfal Glades
donator Posts: 176
Undead
Priest

No disappointment at all. I completely understand the limitations. I dont know coding at all so it's not something I can even offer to help with.

teebling
<Extreme>
Council Chairman
US-Horde
Blaumeux
Durotar
donator Posts: 2
Horde
Warlock

Make some restrictions for signatures, it takes too many height :)

Paladin Retribution
donator Posts: 41
Dwarf
Priest

I'm noticing some slow downs on page loading at some times, have you considered using something like cloudflare?

Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Orc
Warrior

C4N wrote:
5 years ago
I'm noticing some slow downs on page loading at some times, have you considered using something like cloudflare?
Any particular pages or times of day? Please tell me your timezone as well.

Paladin Retribution
donator Posts: 41
Dwarf
Priest

CET time, I'll take note of exact times when it happens again and let you know

Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Orc
Warrior

Alright. It can be very difficult to troubleshoot things like this bear in mind - speed is all relevant to your own connection, my own server’s performance, what times you are accessing the site and many other factors like scripts I fetch from external servers and the like.

The only constant is the resources demanded on a standard page load which I can track after each patch I develop (using google pagespeed insights) and these have not changed much recently aside from people regularly using animated avatars.

Warrior Fury
EU Golemagg
donator Posts: 114
Human
Warrior

Hey @teebling can we do the same set gallery for PVP sets? Also it would be very convenient to see beneath set picture every single part of set along with its stats.

Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Orc
Warrior

Kchlangendin wrote:
5 years ago
Hey @teebling can we do the same set gallery for PVP sets? Also it would be very convenient to see beneath set picture every single part of set along with its stats.
Huge amount of work to render all the pvp sets myself as blizzard never did it. Won’t happen until summer I’m afraid but on my list :smile:

Stranglethorn Vale
donator Posts: 37
Horde
Priest

I apologize in advance if I've overlooked this feature, but is it a possibility to add a Favorites button? I'd like to be able to save a few guides for quick reference in the future.

Warrior Fury
EU Golemagg
Human
Warrior

@teebling I have i really good suggestion to make ajax calls on like button. Consider the possibility of doing that, really very convenient stuff.

Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Orc
Warrior

Kchlangendin wrote:
5 years ago
@teebling I have i really good suggestion to make ajax calls on like button. Consider the possibility of doing that, really very convenient stuff.
I have tried this twice already (see patch notes) and it is not as easy as it sounds unfortunately.

Warrior Fury
EU Golemagg
Human
Warrior

teebling wrote:
5 years ago
I have tried this twice already (see patch notes) and it is not as easy as it sounds unfortunately.
That's understandable.

Redridge Mountains
EU Flamegor
donator Posts: 3
Alliance
Mage

Can you please add something like that http://www.wowclassicbis.com/ in guides? So it will help people to choose the right gear.

Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Orc
Warrior

krons wrote:
5 years ago
Can you please add something like that http://www.wowclassicbis.com/ in guides? So it will help people to choose the right gear.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1091

It's there already.

Durotar
donator Posts: 7
Orc
Shaman

Clicking the timestamp to go to the last post.

teebling
Arathi Basin
donator Posts: 326
Undead
Priest

A Discord Server would be a nice addition. If you have any question, I can help you with setting up a Discord. Im using Discord since release also.
I'm also in the Discord "HypeSquad" (for spread the message Discord is GREAT!)

Undead Priest @ <reLAX>
Twitch Channel, feel free to take a look :)!
Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Orc
Warrior

aeh wrote:
5 years ago
A Discord Server would be a nice addition. If you have any question, I can help you with setting up a Discord. Im using Discord since release also.
Not going to happen, sorry - barrens.chat is where we are talking and as an old school forum it will remain that way. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Griznak
Arathi Basin
donator Posts: 326
Undead
Priest

teebling wrote:
5 years ago
aeh wrote:
5 years ago
Not going to happen, sorry - barrens.chat is where we are talking and as an old school forum it will remain that way. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Thats okey for me! Was just an Idea :)
Actually I love "Forums" without any other Platform to talk, buts it is super rare in 2019.
Thank you for your nice work :)

teebling
Undead Priest @ <reLAX>
Twitch Channel, feel free to take a look :)!
Durotar
donator Posts: 7
Orc
Shaman

Clicking this timestamp for permalink to the comment.

teebling
Warrior Protection
donator Posts: 48
Orc
Warrior

Maybe it's only me but barrens chat needs ":)" and ":(" as an emote. I hate to forget and use it and there is no emoji for it :(.

teebling
Mulgore
donator Posts: 1
Human
Warlock

@teebling,

I was wondering if there are plans to further categorize Realms by timezone? Thank you for your all your work, this is an awesome website!