Druid Feral
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 165
Horde
Druid

Hi all,

I played vanilla in classes mage and a alt rogue. From wotlk i mained a feral tank till legion.

For classic I am planning to main a feral druid with the main aim of tanking. I really like the fact of being allround. E.g. tank scholomance and after that do a stealth run farm maraudon or even pvp?!

What spec is best for me do you guys reckon and what is the most rewarding profession money & gear wise.

Thx for your advise in advance & regards.

Syturio
Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior

Hey FO,

I am no position to give advice on Druid post level 19 since I only ever had a flag running twink back then. You may be interested to hear however that Druids are strong World PvP tanks according to @Nymis.

@Jpy has some experience dungeon farming so may be able to answer your questions regarding that (?)

Warrior Fury
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 212
Horde

I can only put myself on the side with teebling here. I can't give any major advice on Druids.

All I know is that there are many that consider Druids as healers, and nothing but healers, but that is far away from the truth, since Feral tanks are actually pretty good (except for a few raid bosses that could potentially one-shot you, no matter how good your gear is.) Otherwise, Druids can tank any 5 man dungeon.

Same with Feral DPS. Actually really good, if you put the work into it.

Druid Feral
EU Gehennas
Horde
Druid

Dear Teebling, Firelord,

Thanks for your replies and added link. Those are my thoughts on druid tank exactly.

Yes warriors might dominate tanking. But a feral brings way more utility to the tabel.

Warrior Protection
donator Posts: 80
Horde
Warrior

I found a great druid tank guide not so long ago. Hold tight, I'll look for it.

Warrior Protection
Horde
Warrior

Yes yes I found it! It's a long but great read,

Now, enjoy
Taladril’s Treatise on Druid Tanking in Vanilla

Should be more than any of us have tried. But be warned: druid tanking is hard work.
Maybe not as hard as paladin dps, but still quite hard. :biggrin:

(ps sorry for double posting)

Eastern Plaguelands
US Faerlina
donator Posts: 369
Horde

I haven’t done it personally but Druid is capable of farming Dire Maul East Whip Lashers (albeit it a bit slower than Mage). If you pull single or double pack pulls it should be very manageable in Bear. For professions, Herbalism will allow you to weave between patrols and pick up extra nodes within the dungeon. I make about 40-50g an hour with the current Northdale economy so I’d imagine Druid can manage 30-40g an hour on a similar economy (this farm requires a stabilized market so it won’t work very early on for a fresh server as no one will be buying herbs).

Teldrassil
donator Posts: 62
Horde
Hunter

Well you're making a fine choice of taking a Druid over a Paladin as your all-rounder toon. I'm open to being corrected but I think pallies in vanilla were a jack of all trades but a master of none kind of affair.

Warrior Protection
Horde
Warrior

Ravenheart wrote:
5 years ago
Well you're making a fine choice of taking a Druid over a Paladin as your all-rounder toon. I'm open to being corrected but I think pallies in vanilla were a jack of all trades but a master of none kind of affair.
Master of sustainable healing in Naxx tho

Druid Feral
EU Gehennas
Horde
Druid

Still torn on professions:

Either go straight herb/alch.

Or go herb/enchanting till 265 for bis trinket. Drop enchanting and pick up alchemy.

Pro: Enchanting keeps the green/blue vendor trash in check not to clutter my bags. Con: money sinkhole .

Druid Feral
EU Gehennas
Horde
Druid

Thx for the taladrils guide. Very usefull indeed.

Boy am i Looking forward to feral charge my way to 60!

Amy members hete with feral (tank pref) exp? Sure as hell curious if it has some solo aoe farm potential

Undercity
EU Shazzrah
donator Posts: 182
Horde
Rogue

For Feral DPS, you should check out this guy Link
Probably the best vanilla feral druid out there.

ModeratorPrivate Message
Druid Feral
EU Gehennas
Horde
Druid

Syturio wrote:
5 years ago
For Feral DPS, you should check out this guy Link
Probably the best vanilla feral druid out there.
Very interesting but my aim will be tanking. All that powershifting :surprised:

Druid Feral
EU Gehennas
Horde
Druid

Hi all

Any of you guys here with experience in feral spec? There are like a gazillion versions of different feral specs.

As in the title the aim is tanking but I still love to keep the hybrid feeling. Wanna remain as versatile as can be.

Imo thats the big pro in druids.

donator Posts: 59
Alliance

Forsakenone wrote:
5 years ago
Hi all

Any of you guys here with experience in feral spec? There are like a gazillion versions of different feral specs.

As in the title the aim is tanking but I still love to keep the hybrid feeling. Wanna remain as versatile as can be.

Imo thats the big pro in druids.
Well, it depends on if you want to min/max for tanking or as you say remain versatile. If versatile you could go for Furor, Natural Shapeshifter and Omen of Clarity, but naturally both Furor and Natural Shapeshifter is of little benefit if you can’t shapeshift out of bear in the middle of a fight. I also plan on feral druid possibly and I will probably go for these versatile talents at the expense of a some feral tree talents.

Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior
Druid Feral
EU Gehennas
Horde
Druid

teebling wrote:
5 years ago
In case you haven’t read them yet:

Taladri’s bear tanking guide

A grizzly situation
All of the above thx for the input. As for now i am leaning towards 11/40/0

Selexin
Warrior Fury
donator Posts: 20
Horde
Warrior

I really like Skarm. He puts out videos on Feral tanking and also on Prot warriors that are pretty informative.

Shellzor
Druid Feral
EU Gehennas
Horde
Druid

Btw more Barrens-folk going Feral ? And I do mean as main, not just to lvl.

Stranglethorn Vale
donator Posts: 30
Orc
Warrior

On nost I ran the Heart of the Wild spec, so I could both heal raids and tank 5-mans.
https://classicdb.ch/?talent#0ZxoxscrdxVgc0xo

Real fun!

The biggest problem for you will be gear, at the start! +Armor on weapon, then you need that epic staff.

Forsakenone
Druid Feral
EU Gehennas
Horde
Druid

Shellzor wrote:
5 years ago
On nost I ran the Heart of the Wild spec, so I could both heal raids and tank 5-mans.

Real fun!

The biggest problem for you will be gear, at the start! +Armor on weapon, then you need that epic staff.
yes getting wardens goes on my asap-list!!

Stranglethorn Vale
Orc
Warrior

Forsakenone wrote:
5 years ago
Shellzor wrote:
5 years ago

Real fun!

yes getting wardens goes on my asap-list!!
So much easier to gear a feral tank after Dire Maul is out, I was using the https://classic.wowhead.com/item=18531/unyielding-maul on my druid.

Selexin
Mulgore
donator Posts: 96
Tauren
Druid

Forsakenone wrote:
5 years ago
I'll be maining feral tank :) can't wait!
But yeah as others have said it is a lot more work than just rolling warrior, and you'll struggle on some parts of the content.

Selexin
Making a EU Horde day-raiding guild in Classic! PM if interested or have a look at our forum http://mbh.epizy.com or discord https://discord.gg/7AKguup :)
Stranglethorn Vale
Orc
Warrior

Driath wrote:
5 years ago
Forsakenone wrote:
5 years ago
I'll be maining feral tank :) can't wait!
But yeah as others have said it is a lot more work than just rolling warrior, and you'll struggle on some parts of the content.
Depends. Leveling will be easier for you! But tanking end game content will be harder!
I will be rolling warrior, but this thread has me missing my Druid healer/tank :).

Selexin
Warrior Protection
donator Posts: 48
Orc
Warrior

Feral-Tank will be my ALT in Classic. I really think for lower tier content, doing professions and differentiate from my Warrior will be good think in long run. After I was watching Skarm videos I think it should be possible to enjoy this character in future.

Selexin Shellzor