The Barrens
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 61

Hi all, hope you enjoy christmas times.

I'm thinking alot of picking servers with your friends, me for example lives in EU.

Do we have any idea of how many servers EU / NA etc will have?

To pick/gather same server as all your friends, and the right faction feels kinda impossible if they doesn't release server list a couple of weeks before the game so you can prepare? how do you guys think about it?
Atm I have around 10-15 in real life friends who will play.

Gehennas EU PvP - Horde
<FIKA>
Warlock Destruction
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 307
Undead
Warlock

No information on the number and names of the servers. Picking a faction is easy because I don't really have friends who play Alliance. We know what races and classes we'll be playing, and what guild we'll be having. Also we know that we will be playing on a PvP server for obvious reasons. High-population because history has shown what tends to happen with small servers.

I'm personally keeping an eye out on the following:

• Major streamers/Youtube personalities - players such as Heelsvsbabyface, Preach, Nixxiom, Frostadamus etc.
  • Private servers - where will the major guilds from Light's Hope and K3 go
  • Major platforms - such as the /r/classicwow, 4chan, etc.
  • Early guilds - the ones I find on Reddit and Classic WoW Guilds.

Faendor erko teebling
donator Posts: 10

erko wrote:
5 years ago
Hi all, hope you enjoy christmas times.

I'm thinking alot of picking servers with your friends, me for example lives in EU.

Do we have any idea of how many servers EU / NA etc will have?

To pick/gather same server as all your friends, and the right faction feels kinda impossible if they doesn't release server list a couple of weeks before the game so you can prepare? how do you guys think about it?
Atm I have around 10-15 in real life friends who will play.
Find a guild! More importantly, find a guild that has the same cares and concerns that you have. If you find the right guild, they will steer you in the proper direction. Being apart of a strong guild means server stability, because they will only choose a proper server for their home and take the time to speak with leads of opposing guilds to insure that goal.

Discord Admin @ Classic WoW Guilds : https://discordapp.com/invite/HNT7UPq
Mulgore
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 196
Tauren
Shaman

Weel, you can choose the faction before knowing anything about server list! And I think the second choice you will have to make is PVE/PVP, because that greatly affects the way you will play the game.

There will surely be PVP/PVE servers on both EU/NA, I don't see how the number of servers will help you coordinate unless you want to know where other people (streamers etc.) will play.

I'm pretty sure they will release a list of servers AND some sort of forums a while before launching the game, giving people the time for organization

Ish-ne-alo por-ah (May the days ahead be guided by the elders of long ago)

Hydraxian Waterlords - RP - EU
  • Fendor - Tauren Shaman
  • Ildebrando - Dwarf Hunter
  • Osandiron - Dwarf Priest
Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior

fendor wrote:
5 years ago
I'm pretty sure they will release a list of servers AND some sort of forums a while before launching the game, giving people the time for organization
@erko this is what I am hoping they will do so that people have some time to make a choice. No doubt there will be the big 'hype' servers which will be trumpeted on reddit and everyone will go there. Just choose something with those friends of yours and who cares about anyone else :)