View results
Poll  •  Is sharding a deal-breaker for you?
Undercity
EU Shazzrah
donator Posts: 182
Horde
Rogue

Video

ModeratorPrivate Message
Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior

Can’t watch the video cos I’m at sea at the moment (we’re going through the suez canal!) - can you post a summary here for me someone?

As for my opinion on sharding - there was a blue post that only confirmed it being ‘useful’ in the starting areas in the ‘early days’: therefore I have voted ‘I don’t know’ - because I don’t know if this means sharding will be in place for the whole game.

If it IS in the game its a big disappointment - sharding makes all interacttion feel fake, it makes world building difficult, it breaks up potential communities and also it destroys world PvP (the biggest highlight of Classic imo).

Undercity
EU Shazzrah
Horde
Rogue

TL;DR

He says he understands sharding is REALLY bad for Classic.
But then says they want to use sharding in the "first few weeks" (iam not sure if he meant just starting zones, or some other zones too)… in a "very limited way", to solve the initial launch dayload problems.

ModeratorPrivate Message
Undercity
EU Shazzrah
Horde
Rogue

This is really bad, and everyone is complaining.
We don't mind Queu Times, we don't mind having HUGE amounts of people in starting zone trying to kill the same 4 - 5 mobs.
I hope Blizzard stops with this sharding non-sense

ModeratorPrivate Message
Westfall
EU Patchwerk
donator Posts: 38
Alliance
Paladin

Syturio wrote:
5 years ago
We don't mind Queu Times, we don't mind having HUGE amounts of people in starting zone trying to kill the same 4 - 5 mobs.
It’s going to be so huge at release though - so many people are going to play especially since they included it in wow sub. All those tourists are of course going to give it a go if its free.

They have to do something about it to make it playable.

Undercity
EU Shazzrah
Horde
Rogue

Finesse wrote:
5 years ago
Syturio wrote:
5 years ago
It’s going to be so huge at release though - so many people are going to play especially since they included it in wow sub. All those tourists are of course going to give it a go if its free.

They have to do something about it to make it playable.
Make mob spawn faster, like Elysium did, it worked well.
Anything but Sharding.

ModeratorPrivate Message
Western Plaguelands
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 12

What Blizzard is basing this on: They did studies on who continues and who quits the game during a fresh start. I don't remember the numbers exactly but it was a quite a big bunch that quits before level 10. If it wasn't about 20% to 30% at least.

So they see potential if they make the first-time experience more "pleasant" for new people as they have quite a lot of work to do there as many people "find it frustrating" or for whatever reason they might not want to continue to progress their character.

In any case, absolutely -- I see the other point as well, everyone's in the same boat. Tough shit. Or whatever. I prefer this one personally. But understanding what they're basing it on is a good thing even if you might not agree or like it.

teebling
Teldrassil
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 444
Alliance
Priest

Syturio wrote:
5 years ago
Make mob spawn faster, like Elysium did, it worked well.
Anything but Sharding.
I don't feel like dynamic spawns are better solution then sharding.

Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
Undercity
EU Shazzrah
Horde
Rogue

cable wrote:
5 years ago
What Blizzard is basing this on: They did studies on who continues and who quits the game during a fresh start. I don't remember the numbers exactly but it was a quite a big bunch that quits before level 10. If it wasn't about 20% to 30% at least.
Hmm. Where you got this information?

ModeratorPrivate Message