Warsong Gulch
donator Posts: 93
Horde
Mage

Well hello there dear fellows,

I was wondering what is your take on using an addon or something that would help with questing, much like it is on retail today.

Don't you feel that genuine thing would be to rely on quest log and general chat? Asking people, explaining stuff. Even without coordinates on world map!

I feel like this would bring just so much more fun, than going to the spot market on your map without having any clue about what is actually happening and clicking on highlighted item which seems random.

What do you think?

- anno 2005.
Stormwind
donator Posts: 53
Alliance
Paladin

Personally I use the addon Questie as I don't find much enjoyment in having to spend extra time locating people and areas. However, I try to read the lore and be more immersed whenever there is a longer quest-chain or class specific task.

Selexin
Duskwood
donator Posts: 11
Alliance

Really depends on how you enjoy playing the game. Some people like to relax when they play and just enjoy the atmosphere while slowly grinding away at whatever they're working on. If you're hardcore into exploration or role playing then it makes sense to play blind. I'd be hypocritical if I complained about it being that I was always tabbing out to Allakhazam and Thottbot in the old days. Chances are that I will use Questie come Classic and much like [mention]Rootdancer[/mention] still read lore and take my time.

Warrior Fury
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 212
Horde

I will personally not use a quest helping AddOn, but those that wants to can go for it, of course.

I will rely on muscle memory, and those I cannot fully remember I will simply take my time and read the quest text. I don’t think I will feel in a hurry when finally getting my hands on an official Classic server.

Casp
Teldrassil
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 444
Alliance
Priest

I won't use Questie at least for my first character. I wanna experience as immersive gameplay as possible.

Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
Stormwind
donator Posts: 53
Alliance
Paladin

Faendor wrote:
6 years ago
I won't use Questie at least for my first character. I wanna experience as immersive gameplay as possible.
How long do you expect it to take you to hit 60? I imagine no Questie and focus on immersion will lengthen the time quite a bit :razz:

Teldrassil
EU Firemaw
Alliance
Priest

Rootdancer wrote:
6 years ago

How long do you expect it to take you to hit 60? I imagine no Questie and focus on immersion will lengthen the time quite a bit :razz:
Depends on class choice as well as muscle memory of some of the quests. I'd quess it could even take you 1 more day /played without questie, dunno.

Elwynn Forest
donator Posts: 24
Alliance

Personally not going to use it, at least for a while.

For the Crusade!
Warsong Gulch
Horde
Mage

It is actually rather interesting why we sometimes feel like slow leveling is not desirable, and hitting 60 quickly is a goal. The thing is that learning to enjoy the process is key if you want to have fun - especially if you're looking forward to bond with the chosen character.

- anno 2005.
Teldrassil
EU Firemaw
Alliance
Priest

Razor wrote:
6 years ago
It is actually rather interesting why we sometimes feel like slow leveling is not desirable, and hitting 60 quickly is a goal. The thing is that learning to enjoy the process is key if you want to have fun - especially if you're looking forward to bond with the chosen character.
Exactly. But for some people who have already leveled through Vanilla countless times, doing the same quests over and over might get boring after some time. It still will be fun but if they are mostly looking forward to minmaxing and getting to top guilds, levelling isn't for them.

I personally will try to immerse myself into the game as deep as possible. Not using quest helper will be one of the key things to do so. I'm gonna play Alliance so it's good that I have only played Horde on private servers so far so I won't have the Alliance quests in fresh mind, so I can explore the world once again.

Warsong Gulch
Horde
Mage

Faendor wrote:
6 years ago
Razor wrote:
6 years ago
Exactly. But for some people who have already leveled through Vanilla countless times, doing the same quests over and over might get boring after some time. It still will be fun but if they are mostly looking forward to minmaxing and getting to top guilds, levelling isn't for them.
To be honest, I'm not sure I'd resist using some quest helper when leveling for the second or third time on the same faction :smile:

For the first time though, it will feel fresh for sure.

- anno 2005.
Teldrassil
EU Firemaw
Alliance
Priest

Razor wrote:
6 years ago

To be honest, I'm not sure I'd resist using some quest helper when leveling for the second or third time on the same faction :smile:

For the first time though, it will feel fresh for sure.
Yea for the next characters, if I'm gonna make any, I will use quest helper for sure.

Warrior Fury
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 212
Horde

To be honest, I might use this legendary guide for some giggles after I am done with my main.

https://www.joanasworld.com/azeroth.htm

Purely for Horde this one, though. But instead of a quest helping AddOn I'll pop this one up on the second screen :biggrin:

Markone
Teldrassil
EU Firemaw
Alliance
Priest

Firelord wrote:
6 years ago
To be honest, I might use this legendary guide for some giggles after I am done with my main.

https://www.joanasworld.com/azeroth.htm

Purely for Horde this one, though. But instead of a quest helping AddOn I'll pop this one up on the second screen :biggrin:
Will check it out as soon as I get home, can't open certain sites on corporate pc :smile:

donator Posts: 15

I'm not going to use it. Used one on a private server and it definitely streamlined everything. But when classic comes out, I want to regress to a clueless 13 year old again with no idea how to min/max hah.

Markone
Undercity
EU Shazzrah
donator Posts: 182
Horde
Rogue

Im fine with quest addons.

ModeratorPrivate Message
Warsong Gulch
Horde
Mage

Laphroaig wrote:
6 years ago
I'm not going to use it. Used one on a private server and it definitely streamlined everything. But when classic comes out, I want to regress to a clueless 13 year old again with no idea how to min/max hah.
This. Thank you.

Min/maxing is a plague. It's not e-sports competition. We're just a bunch of people trying to have fun.

Casp
- anno 2005.
Teldrassil
EU Firemaw
Alliance
Priest

Razor wrote:
6 years ago

This. Thank you.

Min/maxing is a plague. It's not e-sports competition. We're just a bunch of people trying to have fun.
Well this happens to any game that gets old, it is natural for people to min max, although I miss the immersive, exploration, roleplay gameplay as well. Hopefully we can experience it again.

Elwynn Forest
donator Posts: 24
Alliance

Laphroaig wrote:
6 years ago
Heck yeah

For the Crusade!
Hunter Marksman
donator Posts: 90
Dwarf
Hunter

Rootdancer wrote:
6 years ago
Personally I use the addon Questie as I don't find much enjoyment in having to spend extra time locating people and areas. However, I try to read the lore and be more immersed whenever there is a longer quest-chain or class specific task.
Pretty much what I was gonna say, dude. Questie is a very useful addon, and whereas some might argue that it 'ruins the game' I personally think it makes the game much more enjoyable.

Awaiting Classic WoW

Tirisfal Glades
donator Posts: 196
Undead
Mage

I'm down for using things that help me find herbs but not so much for quests because I still like the challenge of figuring it all out

Our time will come.
Teldrassil
EU Firemaw
Alliance
Priest

I am not sure if I will not use quest helper for the entirety of Vanilla but I will certainly try to do so :smile:

Winterspring
donator Posts: 274
Horde

I do not need that. I know my route like back of my hand. :) Also I dont like to clutter my screen.

Deleted User 578
donator Posts:
Deleted User 578

I'm definitely gonna use it because I just think that without it, the only way to find some questgivers is literally by chance. You may end up skipping some super interesting quest just because you didn't have to walk by them. There's a lot of questgivers which are not in towns/quest hubs and I don't want to miss them really.

Ironforge
donator Posts: 16
Gnome
Warlock

Avoiding missing quests would be my reason to use an addon like Questie, but I don't like that it put marks on the map. Takes out part of the game for me.

I'd like to have an addon which allows me to mark stuff on the map, like when the quests says "northwest of Sentinel Hill" I could mark the area there so I remember to go there. Or mark "along the coast" or put a pin on Desolace when a quests sends me there to pick up a thingie.

Kinda like an adventurer has a crude map, and then just marks it for himself. Maybe some old mod like CT MapMod allows that?

teebling