Alterac Valley
donator Posts: 281
Human
Paladin

i will use it because it can be fun in a singleplayer game like Morrowind to look for a npcs 3 days but in a mmo it just slow down your progress.

My Classic Chars:
Manofwar
Kampfzwerg
Mojo
Darnassus
donator Posts: 25
Hunter

Will Questie be available on release day?

Alterac Valley
Human
Paladin

if we get a beta before i am sure someone will port it to the new API.

teebling Bok
My Classic Chars:
Manofwar
Kampfzwerg
Mojo
Warrior Fury
EU Golemagg
donator Posts: 114
Human
Warrior

I don't use them since i don't speedrun and play rather casually. I like to read stories and be a part of them. In general my recommendations would the the less addiction to addons you have the better. The game should be played like blizzard meant it to. I do know that there is a bunch of essential addons you really need to have one.

Jimmble
Thunder Bluff
donator Posts: 25
Horde
Hunter

I am definitely in the do not use camp. Back in the day, I used quest helper addons. At first, I was please with the convenience, but after a while questing just seemed more like a chore than, well, a quest. Instead of listening to an NPCs story and trying to figure out how to help, everything was done for me. It took out all the adventure. After blizzard integrated a quest helper, I would disable it. But it came to a point that some quest text wouldn't give any information about locations, and you were required to use the quest map to find it. IMO, after that WoW stopped being an RPG and just became a G.

But to each his own. I just don't want the writing to require a quest helper, since I prefer not to have one.

Jimmble
Teldrassil
donator Posts: 51
Night Elf
Hunter

Well, assuming Questie or something like it works on day one, I’ll probably use it because I’m a completionist. If it doesn’t work, I’ll have some websites open on the side on my iPad to refresh my memory when I need. :)

Warlock Demonology
US Skeram
donator Posts: 229
Horde
Warlock

This is where real life commitments come into play. The purist in me wants to say no, no help. The person who doesn't want to end up in a divorce wants a quest helper.

Mulgore
donator Posts: 184
Tauren

I'll probably use a coordinate add-on, at least.

I have nothing fancy to add here, but if you've never played Binary Domain, you should.
Blasted Lands
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 33
Undead
Mage

Using websites like Thottbot just like back then for every quest is the way to go. But if I get too lazy then I will just get a quest addon while still reading through and follow along with the stories.

Stfuppercut
donator Posts:

I'm sort of a weird split... I'd prefer if there were no addons. However, I will use any and all addons that give me any advantage. So if questie is available, despite the fact that I am familiar with the content, I will use it. I'd probably quit if Blizz implemented LFR (I know they wont) but if someone makes OQueue group finder available (this is an LFG/LFR addon) I will download it immediately and use it begrudgingly. I will complain about this but simultaneously contribute to the problem by using the addon.

Arathi Basin
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 38
Human
Paladin

I won't be using a quest addon, but I will probably use a leveling guide. I don't care much about questing, but I want to avoid the retail experience of easy-mode, run-to-the-map-marker style of doing things. The leveling guide will mostly just be for efficiency, so that I pick up the right quests, at the right time before going into an instance or new zone. I don't want to run back and forth a zillion times or miss picking up important quests/quest-lines.

Jimmble
The Barrens
donator Posts: 2
Orc
Rogue

I secretly hope the addon API allows something like Storyline but it's a long shot. I won't use a questhelper type addon though.

Jimmble
Warlock Demonology
US Skeram
donator Posts: 229
Horde
Warlock

I'd like to be a purist and not use a mod like that... if I was single and had no aspirations of a job or family.

Unfortunately I kinda like my family which needs me to keep the job which forces me to make changes to things I love so I can still fit them in.

I will be conceding and using a quest helper to reduce wasted time in-game when I do get to play between responsibilities.

Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid

pan0phobik wrote:
5 years ago
Unfortunately I kinda like my family
Ewwww..... Yeh, me too :cry:

Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Mulgore
donator Posts: 184
Tauren

Selexin wrote:
5 years ago
pan0phobik wrote:
5 years ago
Unfortunately I kinda like my family
Ewwww..... Yeh, me too :cry:
I'm lucky, the fiance wants to play as well and we don't have kids yet.

Selexin
I have nothing fancy to add here, but if you've never played Binary Domain, you should.
Ironforge
donator Posts: 16
Gnome
Warlock

Bittercut wrote:
5 years ago
I secretly hope the addon API allows something like Storyline but it's a long shot. I won't use a questhelper type addon though.
The gradually appearing quest text is like a poor man's Storyline, hihi.

Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Bittercut wrote:
5 years ago
https://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/ ... assic.html

It's working at the moment in the beta :smile: We'll have to see what it's like on release.

On another note, for those of you who will miss ElvUI, I just tried TukUI and it's very much in the same vein and works flawlessly at the moment.

Elwynn Forest
donator Posts: 3
Undead
Priest
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Will use for sure

Alterac Valley
Human
Paladin
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

i will use every addon that help me to be better at the game. Questie, Gatherer, SuperMacros and what not. I totally understand when people do not like them but they can then just not use them.

My Classic Chars:
Manofwar
Kampfzwerg
Mojo
Stranglethorn Vale
donator Posts: 43
Human
Mage
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I haven't decided yet. I might, and I might not. Probably won't in the beginning at least.

Undercity
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 28
Undead
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Same as many others. Still unsure what I will use. For my first character I probobly wont, then for my alts I dont care.

EDIT: Then again, I plan to level many chars. So I may just use it all the way to keep the tempo going.