EU Ten Storms
donator Posts: 2
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Hi,

Currently I play a 30/0/21 elem-resto specc which is more pve oriented. It’s fun as a cannon burst, but it has lots of limitations now.

My intention is to focus as much as possible on pvp, bgs and hopefully premade BG’s.
I was thinking to try a 0/30/21 specc with NS and Toughness and imp totems and imp ghost wolf for mobility. I aim to use this either with a shield or staff/2h to be able to do a little bit of melee dmg as well if needed.

What is your thought on this? Did anyone try this so far?

Thanks

Vld

Priest Discipline
donator Posts: 34
Horde
Priest
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Vldxy wrote:
4 years ago
Hi,

Currently I play a 30/0/21 elem-resto specc which is more pve oriented. It’s fun as a cannon burst, but it has lots of limitations now.

My intention is to focus as much as possible on pvp, bgs and hopefully premade BG’s.
I was thinking to try a 0/30/21 specc with NS and Toughness and imp totems and imp ghost wolf for mobility. I aim to use this either with a shield or staff/2h to be able to do a little bit of melee dmg as well if needed.

What is your thought on this? Did anyone try this so far?

Thanks

Vld
Hey, I play 30/0/21 and I have to say it is really versatile. Remember that every spec has its limitations. If you want to heal with enh/resto, you gain some survivability with (as you said) Ghost Wolf, Toughness and -2s on Grounding Totem. What you lose is DPS, let me explain.

The reason why ele/resto works is it uses similar gear (1h/shield, intellect, spellpower) and similar range (20-36yds). Enhancement, in contrast, requires melee stats to be effective, requires a 2h to do the most DPS and requires you to be in melee range.

Play whatever spec you enjoy playing. But if you're asking if it's effective compared to other specs, the answer in my opinion is no ;-)

EU Ten Storms
donator Posts: 2
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

That makes a lot of sense, thanks. It’s one of the reasons I decided to ask for opinions. My gear now is full intellect and spell pwr.

Anyway, until exalted with Frostwolf I’m gonna stick with this build!

Alterac Valley
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 148
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

The only class that can work as a healing hybrid in vanilla is a druid.

As shaman most PvP builds put at least 20 points in elemental, to get stuff like Freecast, Crit or Eye of Storm. Could be summed up as enhancing your burst.

As for melee build 20/31/0 is very solid, or the new style with 31/20/0.

If you pick any restoration stuff, you are forced to elemental, or gearing will be very awkward. I had a shitton of gear options in vanilla and tried things like 0/20/31 or something like that and it's just mediocre.

If you want to play a mobile healer though, I can suggest the 8/7/36 build I will be using on my shaman.