donator Posts: 22
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

How do you like the PvP in Classic WoW?

Better than you expected? Worse than you expected? I think some players are surprised by the state of Alterac Valley, but that's how it was in 1.12.

Undercity
donator Posts: 126
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I was hyped to get back into 19 bracket twinking, and I've had a good game or two. I've seen more people using exploits now than I ever did back in the day though, probably just easier to google "warsong gulch exploit" or something.

Druid Feral
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 145
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Yes the number of people with a high amount of knowledge of the game is high, so is the number of people who are very dedicated in the PvP grind and/or twinking.

AV is basically a PVE race which Horde cannot win if both teams know what they are doing. Everyone seems to be fine with that :D

WSG however is a different matter entirely. As a druid and therefore likely candidate for Carrying Flags, the prospect of playing lots of WSG excites me as it seems to be actual PvP as oppoesd to the factreaching exalted with the Frostwolves is a walk in the park.

Since we have Cross-Realm BG's I hope we also have a rule set that premade's cannot be paired against non-premades. I think that is the most frustrating experience in WSG / AB.

Rinku < the Druid > - For the HORDE - Gehennas, EU
Warlock Destruction
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 307
Undead
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

AV is nice when people go half-turtling and defend a bit. I enjoy doing 1vs2's around the mid and then back off to Galv and go on from there. Most people are running PvE specs and poor gear, I wish we could do AV premades.

FTHforever
Alterac Valley
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 148
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Nymis wrote:
4 years ago
AV is nice when people go half-turtling and defend a bit. I enjoy doing 1vs2's around the mid and then back off to Galv and go on from there. Most people are running PvE specs and poor gear, I wish we could do AV premades.
I also preach for defending and fuck the meta in AV.
Some people enjoyed the fast AV games but horde can't get a clean win in <8 minutes anyway so usually I support some defense to give our faction the time to win.

Never encountered a horde win without some defense and I like it that way.

Thunder Bluff
US Rattlegore
donator Posts: 20
Tauren
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I've always wanted to create a level 19 twink on Classic!
Can't wait to start putting one together haha

Druid Feral
EU Gehennas
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

FTHforever wrote:
4 years ago
I agree, the most fun comes out of AV when you hole the fort long enough to summon the Ice Lord and what him bash in Vandarr's face :D

Warlock Destruction
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 307
Undead
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

FTHforever wrote:
4 years ago
Nymis wrote:
4 years ago
I also preach for defending and fuck the meta in AV.
Some people enjoyed the fast AV games but horde can't get a clean win in <8 minutes anyway so usually I support some defense to give our faction the time to win.

Funny thing is you get way more rep defending by collecting items and it's way more fun if you're in a PvP spec. New meta is basically PvE-ers rushing and PvP-ers staying behind to fight 1v2's. It's kind of nice.

Alterac Valley
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 148
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Nymis wrote:
4 years ago
Funny thing is you get way more rep defending by collecting items and it's way more fun if you're in a PvP spec. New meta is basically PvE-ers rushing and PvP-ers staying behind to fight 1v2's. It's kind of nice.
Yeah, had some dedicated 21/8/22 dorf rogue with engineering in AV and he just stole recaptures against 3 players.

Later that day I pulled the same move against 2 warriors, felt good.

Also, with the easy cleave levelling the general skill floor is much lower than on pservers - at least in PVP it seems :mrgreen:

Priest Discipline
donator Posts: 34
Horde
Priest
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I'm disappointed by the latest patch, but because it splits the community into three groups.

1. People who want to push their rank (in AV)
2. People who want to get exalted gear from AV
3. People who want to PvP for fun with their friends/guild

I was not aware that AV had no group queue, and as Horde you can't get into the same AV game as your friends. Effectively, it means my "PvP guild" is dead silent with everyone griding rep/rank by themselves. Some are even just going into AV to fish. Meanwhile I'm trying to have fun in WSG but failing to get people together because the gains are sub-optimal.

Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 344
Alliance
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

The corpse camping gank fests have passed and we're actually able to experience the open world again. There are still organic and small scale PvP battles between people who are farming mats or heading to a dungeon, or just roaming around looking to pick a fight, but now those numbers are manageable. Rather than killing wPvP, the release of BGs has revived wPvP in my view. People who are fighting in the open world are doing it for its own sake rather than a number's game. I've already gotten into numerous small skirmishes in BRM, WPL and EPL.

I get that some people are upset about AV 1.12, or the fact that the honor grind meta is being ruined by AV (lol), but I don't give a shit about that. I'm absolutely thrilled that Phase 2 is done with.

The release of BGs has re-ignited my enthusiasm for Classic. :mrgreen:

Rinkusan Pippina
Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
Alliance
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Nymis wrote:
4 years ago
Funny thing is you get way more rep defending by collecting items and it's way more fun if you're in a PvP spec.
Is this true? I noticed this weekend that I was getting a lot of rep even though we were turtling, and I was wondering if the Alliance had finally figured out how to turn a turtle into a decent rep farming opportunity.

What are the best items to collect for rep gains?

Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
Alliance
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

jodiug wrote:
4 years ago
I was not aware that AV had no group queue
I wasn't aware of this either. I agree that this definitely sucks.

Druid Feral
EU Gehennas
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

rijndael wrote:
4 years ago
jodiug wrote:
4 years ago
I was not aware that AV had no group queue
I wasn't aware of this either. I agree that this definitely sucks.
If you and your friends queue at the same time, it is likely you will get into the same BG

Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

rijndael wrote:
4 years ago
I'm absolutely thrilled that Phase 2 is done with.

Man, phase 2 fucking sucked ass. I can't put it much nicer than that. The human centipede of enemy players stacked mouth to asshole from every flight path to every dungeon entrance at all hours of the day was insane. Only reason I was able to make due for as long as I did was I got stealth on my side, and I got used to essentially RP walking in stealth all the way from Redridge up to Death Mountain to get any UBRS/BRD/LBRS/etc stuff done. I never wanna sit through that BS again.

But at the same, I'll be damned if that period didn't give some fun memories that are going to last for quite a long time to come. I'm super glad the rank griefers have moved on to battlegrounds where they belong. But we all got some crazy stories to tell for years to come. I enjoyed it in retrospect, now that it's gone, and never want it to come back again. It was like playing out the losing side of a horror film :lol:

Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 289
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
4 years ago
rijndael wrote:
4 years ago
I'm absolutely thrilled that Phase 2 is done with.

Man, phase 2 fucking sucked ass. I can't put it much nicer than that. The human centipede of enemy players stacked mouth to asshole from every flight path to every dungeon entrance at all hours of the day was insane. Only reason I was able to make due for as long as I did was I got stealth on my side, and I got used to essentially RP walking in stealth all the way from Redridge up to Death Mountain to get any UBRS/BRD/LBRS/etc stuff done. I never wanna sit through that BS again.

But at the same, I'll be damned if that period didn't give some fun memories that are going to last for quite a long time to come. I'm super glad the rank griefers have moved on to battlegrounds where they belong. But we all got some crazy stories to tell for years to come. I enjoyed it in retrospect, now that it's gone, and never want it to come back again. It was like playing out the losing side of a horror film :lol:
The greatest fun I never want to have again.

Pippina
Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Telvaine wrote:
4 years ago
The greatest fun I never want to have again.
Exactly! :biggrin: