EU Judgement
donator Posts: 43
Night Elf
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

So the keyring is finally coming!

Oh, so is WSG and AV and they're also preparing for future paid character transfers.

Source: https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t ... tes/111897

rijndael teebling Furious Pippina
Paladin Holy
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 109
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Love that the keyring is finally coming out, and I am slowly accepting that the one thing that got me into classic (the tight-knit community feel) is a thing gone by; todays players are just too toxic and self-centered for it to work, so I am honestly less and less annoyed by the BG configuration that they opted for, and for Paid Character Transfers (which would have been detrimetal for working communities).

- Xcellers
|Paladin|Firemaw EU-PVP|
Mk. Ultra - Comprehensive Guild Management Spreadsheet
A comprehensive tool for guild managers maintaining rosters & loot distribution in LC based guilds

Vault of the Silverhands, A Gear Primer for Holy Paladins
A progressive and customisable item, enchant and buff overview for Holy Paladins

Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 344
Alliance
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Finally! More available bag space!

Paladin Protection
US Deviate Delight
donator Posts: 167
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Xcellers wrote:
4 years ago
Love that the keyring is finally coming out, and I am slowly accepting that the one thing that got me into classic (the tight-knit community feel) is a thing gone by; todays players are just too toxic and self-centered for it to work, so I am honestly less and less annoyed by the BG configuration that they opted for, and for Paid Character Transfers (which would have been detrimetal for working communities).
Perhaps on the high pop server with absurd amount of people packed into one world. but on low-medium pop servers the communitys are super tight and accepting. When people remember eachothers names and depend on eachother more it usually keeps people in line and stray from toxicity.

Druid Feral
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 145
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I'm not sure how I feel about Cross-Realm BG's. Very torn on that.

Also, you can find a nice community on every server. Of course there are lots of people out there who's emphasis is not the social aspect of the game, but I feel like I've met a lot of really great people already, even though I supposedly play on the "Tryhard Private Server Community - Server" of Europe. :)

Rinku < the Druid > - For the HORDE - Gehennas, EU
US Incendius
donator Posts: 10
Alliance
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Xcellers wrote:
4 years ago
Some people are douches on the internet not much you can say about that but using a childish word like "toxic" doesn't really help anybody (it's actually kinda "toxic" to use the word "toxic"). Unless the irony is what people are going for then i don't get it

Perdition
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Xcellers wrote:
4 years ago
Sucks that you haven't found a good community on your server. I'm on a full server at Fairbanks, and I see the same people all over the place. Some people suck, but for the most part every group I get in ends up on voice chat and we just shoot the shit while doing whatever and it's been fantastic. The community is strong on Fairbanks, and even with a million billion players on a full server I recognize names all over the place. The tight-knit community feel is alive and well over here.

And nevermind the battlegrounds, the keyring is the real MVP here.

Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 344
Alliance
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
4 years ago
The tight-knit community feel is alive and well over here.
I can't really complain about Sulfuras. I've found a guild that I am happy with, faction balance is decent, and for the most part I've been running into good groups of people during dungeon runs.

I feel like the toxicity is specifically tied to the behavior of the Classic PvP server communities at large during phase 2. The constant honor grinding and griefing combined with faction imbalance has disillusioned a lot of PvPers, myself included. My experience on a PvP server in Vanilla was a far cry from the "PvP happened on a PvP server" or "red is dead" mentality that is the standard today. Hopefully the situation subsides with the release of BGs and the passage of time, but if it doesn't at least we know with today's patch notes that paid character transfers are likely on the horizon. :lol:

Arathi Basin
EU Ten Storms
donator Posts: 253
Alliance
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I'm in a close-knit guild on Ten Storms, overall a super server.

Recognize people all over the place, even hordes.

We go a lot by irl names in our guild, it's a really friendly guild. When we aren't raiding, we are helping
lower levels with dungeons, or others with quests and getting pre-raid bis. Overall a friendly guild with most
people having families.

Altaholic playing the following:
Ten Storms EU Alliance
Finnigan - Dwarf Hunter Lvl 30
Portalmaster - Gnome Mage Lvl 19
Shaelur - Dwarf Paladin Lvl 22
Shaelus - Night Elf Druid Lvl 50