donator Posts: 42
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

So many people kept saying this. "Buy twink gear low, it's a great investment. People will pay a ton for that later on".

Couple months later, I'm sitting in the bank with feet of the lynx and Shadowfangs and struggling to break even on them. Seems like the twinking thing (like every other investment in this game) has been way overstated.

Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.

Darnassus
donator Posts: 57
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Can you relax? Battlegrounds aren't even out yet, and people are still busy gearing their mains. When people stop gearing their mains and get a ton of excess gold, paired with bgs coming out, it will be better. I have invested in twink gear to sell later on - knowing full well it will take many more months before its valuable to other players.

Stfuppercut Yinn Erik snickerwicket Selexin

[ Golemagg | Alliance | Hunter | Lucas ]
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

"when people get a ton of excess gold"

People have been saying this since release. When is that exactly? When Naxx comes out? Come on bruv. This is bullshit and you know it. Plenty of people are sitting on a pile of gold. That's not the issue here.

rijndael
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

What a small brain. "The typical buyer's decision is usually heavily influenced by the actions of his acquaintances, neighbours or relatives. Thus, if everybody around is investing in a particular stock, the tendency for potential investors is to do the same. But this strategy is bound to backfire in the long run." - EconomicTimes. Avoid the herd mentality.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Couple months later, I'm sitting in the bank with feet of the lynx and Shadowfangs and struggling to break even on them. Seems like the twinking thing (like every other investment in this game) has been way overstated.
First of all, BG's arent even out yet... It isn't even time to cash out. Dont be silly.

Also, you got in too late OR you overpaid if your investment hasn't already matured. Want to know when I bought a few twink items (about 1-2% of all my investments were in twink gear early on)? On week 1-2, when they sold for around 3-10g each. If you are reading about things that are posted on public forums and these things are guiding you in how to invest and you are listening to others, you are using the same pool of information that all of the other normies are using. You, and most other investors are simply overreacting to a perceived market and then by stockpiling in an investment, the market will be over-saturated by investors. The market place is dynamic and you need to be able to identify longterm items that will mature, and then purchase them for a reasonable price. You need to diversify the things you are buying. You need to acknowledge that the market in Classic is FAR different than the market on private, and while the market on private was incredibly predictable, the market on Classic is far more unpredictable due to the severe lack of knowledge in the playerbase. But this isn't a big deal... You simply adjust and invest in crucial items, necessity purchases or items that will increase in rarity (ex. early black lotus purchases before the introduction of phase 2, where the removal of layering decreased the accessibility AND decreased supply).

The key is that I bought "a few twink items". I didn't overly invest... I'm not desperately waiting for the payoff and im not at the mercy of the market. By purchasing at a good value, I can cash out at any time and if I break even great, if I make some gold excellent, and if god forbid, I lose gold, it will be negligible because I didn't overpay (I wont lose gold).

If you are failing in the Classic market, you are at fault and you are ultimately responsible for your investments. Some of my investments havent played out, but I was able to liquidate those investments with minimal loss. Other investments I have made matured FAR better than anticipated. Overall, I've done pretty well but I didn't follow a 1-2-3 investment plan that was written by someone else. I watched Classic market behavior and slowly groomed my own investment strategies while applying my Private server experience and knowledge of the game.
g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
People have been saying this since release. When is that exactly? When Naxx comes out? Come on bruv. This is bullshit and you know it. Plenty of people are sitting on a pile of gold. That's not the issue here.
ITS YOUR FAULT I DONT KNOW WHAT IM DOING WITH MY GOLD! TELL ME HOW TO BE RICH! TELL ME EXACTLY WHAT TO DO OR YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING EITHER! IM FAILING BECAUSE YOURE ALL DUMB!

Oh my... :roll:

Edit: In going through the OP's post history I found this gem posted 1 month ago by a curious OP regarding Shadowfang...
g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
I keep seeing a lot of these on the AH, usually ranging from 150-300g. I can't believe this many people are getting them by luck. So is it worth farming them? I feel like price on that will go up even more when phase 2 comes.
To which a knowledgeable member warned...
Samaraner wrote:
4 years ago
I doubt they will increase in price by a significant margin anytime soon. People know exactly that the demand will increase, which creates a proxy demand driven by resellers. Their price may even tank in p3 when everyone thinks its time to cash in but the demand is a lot lower than what people imagined.
It sounds like OP was interested in getting into the twink market fairly late in the game, which sums up his investment woes. Meh, he was warned. His post history also mentions that he failed on the Diremaul release investments he made.

Easycap Jpy
g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
2000 IQ :wink:
Burning Steppes
donator Posts: 26
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Your investing in something that EVERYONE ELSE IS TRYING TO DO! That is why none of the investments everyone talks about never work. Because you all are zerging it!

Find a niche that you can take control of. Everyone has twink gear sitting in there bank. Mines for a toin I'm going to make. But either way it's a bad investment.

If you find twink gear hold it, I wouldn't buy it though.

Volition
Yinn - Orc 2h fury Warrior - Arcanite Reaper :twisted:
Badlands
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 367
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
So many people kept saying this. "Buy twink gear low, it's a great investment. People will pay a ton for that later on".

Most people aren't level 60 or haven't accrued the gold to supply their twinks yet, also BG's are not out yet.

Image    Image    Image
Arathi Basin
EU Ten Storms
donator Posts: 253
Alliance
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

This post made me giggle

Altaholic playing the following:
Ten Storms EU Alliance
Finnigan - Dwarf Hunter Lvl 30
Portalmaster - Gnome Mage Lvl 19
Shaelur - Dwarf Paladin Lvl 22
Shaelus - Night Elf Druid Lvl 50
Paladin Protection
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 114
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Not to be a dick or anything, but you have no clue why some items are worth investing in in the first place then you should not make your gold on the Auction house, something that requires knowledge and smarts. You are basically complaining that you spent a lot of gold on some items and that they arent selling even though the thing that enable the twink scene in the first place isnt even out (Battlegrounds).

So I get the impression you read some forum thread somewhere on what to invest in, and you dont understand why those items are valuable to begin with. That twink items wouldnt start really selling before BG's are out was entirely predictable.

My advice is to just think about what you want to invest in yourself. There will never be such a thing as a safe investment that is guaranteed to pay off, that you can also read about publically, because if there was then that market would be oversaturated and the investment would no longer be safe.

If you really want to make gold, identify why some items sell and others do not. Look at what various materials are used for, in what phase they are used and why. Then based on all that, you still have to take a risk when you invest in items because you can never be truly certain if the investment will pay off or not.

donator Posts: 2
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
"when people get a ton of excess gold"

Ok first off you need to calm down this is a video game. Second investing in stuff takes time sometimes. Your gold will break even when battlegrounds comes, not right away but it will happen when twink gear goes in demand. People do this all the time in mmo games. Get it cheap and wait for the time to come.

4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Caperfin wrote:
4 years ago
g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago

Most people aren't level 60 or haven't accrued the gold to supply their twinks yet, also BG's are not out yet.
I feel like people will keep saying this bullshit even Naxx is out.

Also, to the guy above who wrote the novel, I've known from day one Shadowfang is a twink item. I've been checking the price on it from day one. It has ALWAYS been high.

And to those saying BGs aren't even out yet: Do you think people wait until the literal day BGs come out to gear their twinks? Because if so, yall are stupid. People who want to twink are getting them ready NOW.

Arathi Basin
EU Ten Storms
donator Posts: 253
Alliance
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Also, to the guy above who wrote the novel, I've known from day one Shadowfang is a twink item. I've been checking the price on it from day one. It has ALWAYS been high.

And to those saying BGs aren't even out yet: Do you think people wait until the literal day BGs come out to gear their twinks? Because if so, yall are stupid. People who want to twink are getting them ready NOW.
Boooo! If you have that attitude there's no reason to post at all at these forums!

People here are trying to teach you how to invest. Maybe the price on your server specifically has already reached its highest? As long as there is higher supply than demand, the prices will never go up and most likely go down even more.

/thumbsdown

Altaholic playing the following:
Ten Storms EU Alliance
Finnigan - Dwarf Hunter Lvl 30
Portalmaster - Gnome Mage Lvl 19
Shaelur - Dwarf Paladin Lvl 22
Shaelus - Night Elf Druid Lvl 50
Badlands
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 367
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago

Im speaking from experience and as the leader of a premade twink guild on pservers. Most people who want to make a twink, level a hunter/mage to 60 and funnel all the money they get from professions to supply utilities, potions, etc... to their twinks. This method puts you at a significant advantage over other rival premades.

Atm people are indeed gearing their twinks but there isn't any pride/glory in doing non-bg stuff so the twinking popularity is severely hampered.

Image    Image    Image
Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 289
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago

You're right big dawg, nobody else on these forums knows what they're talking about, that's why their investments didn't work out and yours did. Don't listen to anyone who disagrees with you they are all full of shit.

rijndael Forsakenone
Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Hunter Marksman
US Kirtonos
donator Posts: 19
Alliance
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Imagine assuming everyone but yourself is wrong. :eek:

Where is my level 60 boost?
ImageImage
Ashenvale
US Herod
donator Posts: 3
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I've been saying twink gear was a bad investment since release. Without a doubt, we knew there would be a drop off in players around level 30. Meaning 19/29 bracket gear high in supply. Supply that drastically falls short of demand(very few items are the exception). The best investments are always the one's that have a steady demand over time when supply will peak early then stabilize. I didn't buy a lick of twink gear because everyone else was. People were posting screenshots with banks full of lynx boots. How many twinks are there on a server? 100 per bracket per faction at most? When one person has 50 in their bank and you know there are others with the same situation, you know. My advise, the price will peak very shortly(probably right now) then fall as people try to cut their losses. Sell now. Maybe keep 1-3 of each item if you've got a bank full.

Then look at elemental earth. I filled a bank toon when prices were 20s per. 1-2g per right now. Why? Because steady demand.

Druid Feral
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 165
Horde
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Caperfin wrote:
4 years ago
g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago

Hey princess something for you to go watch & learn. My advise: Lose the attitude.

Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 289
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Lol ^

Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US