View results
Poll  •  Which class has the highest skill ceiling?
Teldrassil
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 444
Alliance
Priest
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Hunter, Warlock and Rogue came to my mind first. I voted Hunter though for the amount of dynamic mechanics they have to master.

FTHforever
Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
Alterac Valley
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 148
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

morbidmike wrote:
4 years ago
Got my logic mixed around there, meant that mages have a very low skill floor (was thinking of mages compared to warlocks, who actually do have a very high skill floor xd)
Yeah, I thought so :mrgreen:

Sample size of 155 votes slowly is looking decent. Sure, Forum crowd is a bit different than the population of WoW players, but some of them should not be allowed to vote anyway :razz:

For now top 3 picks are
1st Druid
2nd Hunter
3rd Warrior
to which I can almost agree, except for the warriors. I would see Druids, Hunters, Mages in top 3, not necessary in that order.

Will allow revoting, maybe people changed their mind!

Badlands
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 367
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
4 years ago
U wot m8

@Pippina Didn't we talk about this Pippina? or maybe it was someone else with a similar name.
Happy to discuss it in detail, if you're genuinely interested.

Image    Image    Image
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Caperfin wrote:
4 years ago
@Pippina Didn't we talk about this Pippina? or maybe it was someone else with a similar name.
Happy to discuss it in detail, if you're genuinely interested.
No, I don't remember. Run it by me again. I'm trying to wrap my head around this one.

Alterac Valley
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 148
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

173 votes, mages / hunters won some more, I like it!

If people are wondering why Paladins / Priests and Shamans are so low:
Paladins have a low skill floor and ceiling, as they are pretty bland in classic.
Priests and Shamans have a medium to hard skill floor, but the ceiling is medium at the best, not much options in classic and you are pretty predictable. Sure a troll shadow priest or tauren shaman can pull of some surprises against inexperienced players, but that's it.

Badlands
EU Flamelash
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

@Pippina I'll give you the basics. Be alliance cuz paladin, cuz devotion aura +concentration aura with PvP gloves to Cast Mind Blast, also Bag of Marbles. Shadowform is nice. But for insane threat we shift in and out to heal a war/rogue who has Crystal of Zin-Malor equipped. We heal depending on the damage increments (hard but doable with practice). Happy to answer more questions.

Image    Image    Image
US Westfall
donator Posts: 20
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

morbidmike wrote:
4 years ago
Lol where do the Warrior votes come from, Warrior is one of the lowest skillcap classes in the game.
Personally voted Rogue but this is just impossible to judge. Talking 1v1, 1vx or xvx PvP or PvE? Could make a great argument for Warlock, Hunter, Mage and Druid as well (interesting how Mage got 0 votes, guess that's because Mages have a very high skill floor :D).
Good warrior tanking multiple mobs is constantly stance dancing and using every GCD critically while making decisions many moves ahead, meanwhile swinging his camera around to track everything else going on. He's going to be switching from 2hander/DW to shield, intercept, bloodrage, zerker rage, heroic strike, whilewind, def stance with shield block and revenge and disarm, back to battle to get an overpower, queing heroic strike to get rage >25, meanwhile watching his health carefully to pop shield wall or pot or last stand, or to intercept away, or to hamstring kite. Warriors in some encounters will use all of their abilities and all of their stances, and everything they use is going to be dependent on current health, incoming expected damage, and other incoming problems (like healer mana or next boss phase). That's like 20 different buttons being spammed, pressing about two buttons a second, while swinging camera around looking at the bigger picture and while talking into teamspeak

Paladin Protection
US Deviate Delight
donator Posts: 167
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I played warrior, they're easy.

Shaman Enhancement
donator Posts: 375
Troll
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Caperfin wrote:
4 years ago
FTHforever wrote:
4 years ago
So, which class do you think had the highest potential in the hand of a dedicated player?
I'd have to say in terms of PVE, it would be a Priest Tank.
Combining both damage spells and healing spells in a beautiful synergistic dance of mana/health coupled with coordination and communication is truly the most challenging but gratifying as you where not designed for that purpose but can when in the hands of a dedicated player.
Always been quite cool that Disc was originally designed to tank.

Gensei - Shaman, Bloodsail Buccaneers
donator Posts: 22
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Gensei wrote:
4 years ago
Caperfin wrote:
4 years ago
FTHforever wrote:
4 years ago
So, which class do you think had the highest potential in the hand of a dedicated player?
I'd have to say in terms of PVE, it would be a Priest Tank.
Combining both damage spells and healing spells in a beautiful synergistic dance of mana/health coupled with coordination and communication is truly the most challenging but gratifying as you where not designed for that purpose but can when in the hands of a dedicated player.
Always been quite cool that Disc was originally designed to tank.
It wasn't.

Badlands
EU Flamelash
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

KezanIslander wrote:
4 years ago
It wasn't.

it wasn't in 2004 but is in 2019.

Image    Image    Image
Felwood
EU Razorgore
donator Posts: 80
Tauren
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Iban wrote:
4 years ago
And then they go DPS or PVP and instantly become a low skillcap class. You're focusing only on PVE, and then only on 1 side of it (the tanking part). Compare that to Hunter for example, who have a wayyy higher skillcap in PVP and whose DPS rotation is much harder to perform perfectly.