Eastern Plaguelands
US Faerlina
donator Posts: 369
Horde
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t ... sed/370390

Lots of complaints lately about the addon spy. I think most of the complaints are in regards to stealth detection warnings (which was not directly addressed) but at least it can’t pull that information from more than 50 yards now. Probably a good change for upcoming BGs but TBH I’m not sure what the limitations to combat log range were prior to today’s hotfix.

Stfuppercut
Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 344
Alliance
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Wow, good fucking job Blizzard.

Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Was hoping for a more significant "break" but this will have to do.

FTHforever fendor
g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Alterac Valley
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 148
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Never used spy and never will, but it's a good change. I also think not drastic enough but in the right direction.

Sure, technically it's just a very specialized weak aura or combat log tracker, but it felt like free track humanoids / hidden for anyone which is dumb and a not very indirect hunter / rogue nerf.

Stfuppercut
Redridge Mountains
donator Posts: 19
Alliance
Priest
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

All the VH farmer use this to corpse camp lowbies too...
You just have to wait for you spy to pop when the guy try to rez and escape...No brainer

Paladin Holy
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 109
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

This fix does not affect text logs that the game outputs for raid parses.
Phew!

- Xcellers
|Paladin|Firemaw EU-PVP|
Mk. Ultra - Comprehensive Guild Management Spreadsheet
A comprehensive tool for guild managers maintaining rosters & loot distribution in LC based guilds

Vault of the Silverhands, A Gear Primer for Holy Paladins
A progressive and customisable item, enchant and buff overview for Holy Paladins

Felwood
EU Razorgore
donator Posts: 80
Tauren
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

FTHforever wrote:
4 years ago
Never used spy and never will, but it's a good change. I also think not drastic enough but in the right direction.

Sure, technically it's just a very specialized weak aura or combat log tracker, but it felt like free track humanoids / hidden for anyone which is dumb and a not very indirect hunter / rogue nerf.
Used Spy for a while now, the range decrease is seriously noticeable. Also as a Hunter with Track Humanoids it's ridiculous. The beep lets you know someone is close, but the minimap will then let you pinpoint exactly where he is. It basically removes any need to actively keep track of your minimap to know if a juicy honor target is near.

Priest Holy
donator Posts: 20
Horde
Priest
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Xcellers wrote:
4 years ago
This fix does not affect text logs that the game outputs for raid parses.
Phew!
This was important. Details is completely broken in raids now. In our MC run yesterday, it was wrong on almost every single boss fight. This, undeniably, sucks.

morbidmike wrote:
4 years ago
FTHforever wrote:
4 years ago

Used Spy for a while now, the range decrease is seriously noticeable. Also as a Hunter with Track Humanoids it's ridiculous. The beep lets you know someone is close, but the minimap will then let you pinpoint exactly where he is. It basically removes any need to actively keep track of your minimap to know if a juicy honor target is near.
As a priest it's even better. Just Mind Vision the target and you know *exactly* where it is.