FUCKING AESTHETIC BRAH
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

From what I understand its creating an average level of the group and penalizing based on the average level. I cant say why the 15 is getting less than the 19, but I would advise that you try bringing 2 additional lowbies. Yes, increasing the quantity of lowbies should bring down the average group level and thus yield higher XP. I haven't tested this myself, but from word of mouth, this is apparently the way it works in Classic. Granted taking a 15 and 19 to RFC is weird anyways, you should probably be in WC by now.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I had no idea that the game penalized the group based on average level. I do know that I've seen groups running really low instances advertising that they were looking for more, even though they had a 60 in their group. That makes sense now, they didn't need to fill their group because it would be hard without a full group, they filled out so the average would drop and they'd get more exp. Tight. Will keep that in mind if I wanna help powerlevel some alts.

Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
4 years ago
I had no idea that the game penalized the group based on average level. I do know that I've seen groups running really low instances advertising that they were looking for more, even though they had a 60 in their group. That makes sense now, they didn't need to fill their group because it would be hard without a full group, they filled out so the average would drop and they'd get more exp. Tight. Will keep that in mind if I wanna help powerlevel some alts.
Yep! I havent tested myself, but thats the theory. A lot of guys will power level a friend, or their alt account, and actually find other people who will pay for the powerleveling. I can say that a few guys in my guild have sold runs for 3-5g per person. So you're power leveling your friend/alt. You have an additional 3 people in the party who are paying ~3g per run and you are increasing your friends net XP gain. Everyone wins.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 3
Undead
Priest
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago
From what I understand its creating an average level of the group and penalizing based on the average level. I cant say why the 15 is getting less than the 19, but I would advise that you try bringing 2 additional lowbies. Yes, increasing the quantity of lowbies should bring down the average group level and thus yield higher XP. I haven't tested this myself, but from word of mouth, this is apparently the way it works in Classic. Granted taking a 15 and 19 to RFC is weird anyways, you should probably be in WC by now.
Even with other 2 lowbies i'd get 48 exp per mob and the other ones would still get 25exp ???

FUCKING AESTHETIC BRAH
Shaman Enhancement
EU Dreadmist
donator Posts: 37
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago
I cant say why the 15 is getting less than the 19
I'd imagine its because the 19 is closer to the average group level than the 15?

Warlock Affliction
US Kirtonos
donator Posts: 363
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Would rested xp come into play here?

Image Image
Image Image
| Nýxt - Demonology Warlock | Kirtonos PVP | Level 50 | - | Awkaran - Resto Druid | Kirtonos PVP | Level 20 |
| Fatherbatch - Holy Priest | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 | - | Reignmaker - Frost Mage | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 |
Alterac Valley
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 148
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

While I cannot give you a easy and nice answer how to calculate xp, I can give you the modifiers that affect your xp gain.

• the level difference between you and the killed mob
  • the level difference between you and the other players
  • a penalty if the highest level in group no longer gets xp
  • a bonus for 3 members, that is increased if 4 or 5
  • a x2 modifier for being rested

Lets keep your example:
Lvl60 means both get the penalty of "high level don't get xp anymore" in addition, the lvl19 gets another penalty for his "level difference to the lvl60" while the lvl15 gets that too, also another penalty for being lowest in group and maybe a additional penalty if the mobs aren't in the lvl+/-2 range for him in WC.

So to increase your gain you can invite more players to get a higher group bonus and more players lower level than your main boosting target so he gets more xp.

I tested that shit while boosting my two alts on second account in different lineups.