US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 344
Alliance
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

OP: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t ... ber/368940

Blizzard Entertainment
Warsong Gulch and Alterac Valley will open in WoW Classic simultaneously on all realms the week of December 10. At the same time, Elemental Invasions will occur in Kalimdor, with Blazing, Thundering, Watery, and Whirling Invaders appearing in Un’goro Crater, Azshara, Winterspring, and Silithus respectively.

We’ve been following the deadly deeds of the Classic community closely over the last week as the Honor system sparked an impressive amount of World PvP on PvP realms, and we’re excited to see what might transpire over the next three weeks. Nonetheless, like many of you, we can’t wait to charge into some battlegrounds, so we’ve detached this content unlock from the plan we previously announced. Blackwing Lair and Darkmoon Faire are coming in early 2020.

We’ll have an exact timestamp for this content unlock to share with you in early December.

See you there!

teebling Selexin Stfuppercut Hinien FTHforever
Undercity
donator Posts: 126
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Twinking prices are going to spike ladies and gentlemen, if you can rn buy buy buy!

Warrior Fury
EU Noggenfogger
donator Posts: 6
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Awesome news, less people to chase me down and gank me/corpse camp me for hours while im trying to quest

Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 344
Alliance
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Kayoh wrote:
4 years ago
Awesome news, less people to chase me down and gank me/corpse camp me for hours while im trying to quest
Agreed. I know some die hard PvPers are pissed that the non-BG honor phase is effectively only going to last 3 weeks, but I'm pretty sure a majority of players want to partake in Battlegrounds or be able to do some questing and farming with occasional ganking and skirmishes as opposed to non-stop merciless corpse camping.

Druid Feral
US Incendius
donator Posts: 163
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

snickerwicket wrote:
4 years ago
Twinking prices are going to spike ladies and gentlemen, if you can rn buy buy buy!
I forecast that the twink item market is going to be insanely oversaturated.

I'd say almost everyone knows about twink items and knows what twink items sell. I can see there being an insane amount of stockpiled twink items in peoples banks or bank alts.

I think it's going to be a very oversaturated market which will drive prices way down.

Stfuppercut
Horde | Druid | Incendius | Cowligula
Badlands
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 367
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

snickerwicket wrote:
4 years ago
Good advice :)

Image    Image    Image
Undercity
donator Posts: 126
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Justbe wrote:
4 years ago

I forecast that the twink item market is going to be insanely oversaturated.

I'd say almost everyone knows about twink items and knows what twink items sell. I can see there being an insane amount of stockpiled twink items in peoples banks or bank alts.

I think it's going to be a very oversaturated market which will drive prices way down.
That sounds like a good thing to be monitoring as well!

donator Posts: 151
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I loathe Darkmoon Fair

Eastern Plaguelands
US Faerlina
donator Posts: 369
Horde
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

snickerwicket wrote:
4 years ago
Far too late now.

Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

This couldn't have happened soon enough. I am SO glad that Blizzard is expediting the release cycle. I really thought that they were going to spend at least 3 months in each phase, and having experienced private, I was very scarred that there just wouldn't be enough content to sustain the playerbase. At this rate we will be hitting phase 3 within about 5 months after release taking us to the halfway point of Classic. I seen so many posts on this very site complaining about early releases and how they wanted to see extended phases... Some people were hoping for VERY extended phases. I was originally estimating 3-4 months conservatively per phase, so I am VERY excited that they are going even quicker than I had anticipated.

Of course these decisions are all based on numbers that we dont have access to. I'm sure Blizz is seeing a pretty big dropoff in player retention at the top end for players who are unmotivated to play due to a massive lack of content. That hard data is driving these decisions. So while im sure some of the casual audience (@killerduki) are going to be upset that they arent hitting 60 until the halfway point in Classic, they are most certainly the minority at this point.

Lets face it, Classic is a game that rewards time and while you can be casual and still enjoy it, the majority of people who play will be investing a great deal of time into the game. Most people who can only play casually, simply opt to not play at all. While I hope this release date doesnt spook some of the more casual audience off, I hope they also realize that these decisions are being made for the majority and for the overall health of the game.

Jpy FTHforever
g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I'm fucking stoked to get into BWL. I only got to see the inside of that place over my buddy's shoulder watching other people raid it. It's gonna make things interesting with my raid team being filled with so many recent 60's who won't bring much MC gear into BWL, but I guess ~8 lockouts or so worth of MC gear will still be a big help. At least our main tank is gonna be bringing a thunderfury soon.

Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Just wanna add that I'm also glad that battlegrounds are coming soon. I'm also really glad that honor was separated from the battlegrounds by at least a few weeks. I've been pretty vocal about how much it sucks to even log in and play right now since no matter where we step, we get massacred for honor points. But as much as I hate even logging in and leaving town, man has the outdoor PVP clusterfuck been good for some crazy stories and memories. And in the long run, that's what I wanted out of classic - good times and crazy stories.

*Hopefully* the PVP clusterfuck outside calms down and we can return to doing stuff and going places with only the occasional gank, closer to what the world was like before the honor system was unleashed. Until then, we got the sense of danger back and we all got a stack of stories to tell about the time we got camped by a 40 man raid group for an hour and a half when all you wanted to do was zone into UBRS :lol:

Blasted Lands
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 201
Human
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
4 years ago
But as much as I hate even logging in and leaving town
I am looking forward to actually being able to visit Kalimdor by boat again! Traveling without mage portals since phase 2 has been more than a hassle to say the least… At least I have spent the weeks farming gold in Mara uncontested from wpvp, so I have everything ready for my twinks except actually having them leveled up.

If anyone is on Firemaw EU alliance hit me up on either Discord or Battletag, I will be running 19s and 29s and I am more than willing to boost other people for gear on my main account while I boost my own and my friends.

EU - Firemaw
Alliance Warlock
Westfall
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 47
Alliance
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I was waiting for this! This is what I did all the time between raiding. Alterav Valley and WSG and AB at times as well. Awesome!

Warlock Destruction
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 307
Undead
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I swear they better delay BWL for another month at least.

Warlock Affliction
US Kirtonos
donator Posts: 363
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Can't wait for this!!
And i should be 49 by then to join AV!

But I do hope they release BWL in like February as early 2020 and not January!

Image Image
Image Image
| Nýxt - Demonology Warlock | Kirtonos PVP | Level 50 | - | Awkaran - Resto Druid | Kirtonos PVP | Level 20 |
| Fatherbatch - Holy Priest | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 | - | Reignmaker - Frost Mage | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 |
Warlock Demonology
US Skeram
donator Posts: 229
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

It's great news but all I can think about is how wolf riders and raid bosses won't be a thing :-/

Alterac Valley
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 148
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

That's like Christmas coming early for me :-]

I love AV and might finally join the PVP scene on epic battles. Also because we were very unlucky in our MC ID's I might finally get a decent 2h weapon with https://classic.wowhead.com/item=19323/ ... able-force!

US Atiesh
donator Posts: 29
Horde
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

For those interested, I have created two lists of all the best in slot twink items for players who are level 19 and 29. Here's links to both lists:

BiS Level 19 Twink Items: https://almarsguides.com/WoW/Farming/Cl ... s/Level19/

BiS Level 29 Twink Items: https://almarsguides.com/WoW/Farming/Cl ... s/Level29/

This will make buying and reselling much easier