donator Posts: 22
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/com ... /?sort=new

2005 all over again. These players need to go back to retail. They don't want Vanilla WoW. Caving into carebears is what killed the game. I am not against battlegrounds, but they should not be in the game yet.

Unlike Battlegrounds where it is 10v10, 15v15, or 40v40, in World PvP you can actually determine the outcome by yourself. Your impact is much more limited in BGs than it would be in a small scale World PvP fight.

If these players want to go play Warsong Gulch then Retail is waiting for them. Just don't tell them Warsong Gulch has already been out for the last 15 years already. World PvP in a PvP MMORPG. Make it stop!

Eastern Plaguelands
US Faerlina
donator Posts: 369
Horde
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Disagree entirely at this point TBH but to be fair I’m on the most populated server in NA. Battlegrounds would help alleviate some of the open world PvP going on. Don’t get me wrong, I love open word PvP, but it literally doesn’t exist on a small scale right now.

Faendor
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Jpy wrote:
4 years ago
Disagree entirely at this point TBH but to be fair I’m on the most populated server in NA. Battlegrounds would help alleviate some of the open world PvP going on. Don’t get me wrong, I love open word PvP, but it literally doesn’t exist on a small scale right now.
Battlegrounds will kill World PvP. Just like they did on 7 June 2005.

There is World PvP outside of Hillsbrad.

Elwynn Forest
US Old Blanchy
donator Posts: 102
Alliance
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Jpy wrote:
4 years ago
WPVP was also just make worth something too. Give it time, and it will calm down. honor system JUST came out, people have been waiting for it, and its overboard right now.

Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 289
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

beached wrote:
4 years ago
Jpy wrote:
4 years ago
WPVP was also just make worth something too. Give it time, and it will calm down. honor system JUST came out, people have been waiting for it, and its overboard right now.
It really does piss me off how many people are screaming and crying about how the game is unplayable and phase 2 is destroying the game when it hasn't even been out a week. Like jesus christ can we let the pvpers have our fun for at least one week before we pretend like this is now the permanent state of the game.

Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Telvaine wrote:
4 years ago
beached wrote:
4 years ago
Jpy wrote:
4 years ago
It really does piss me off how many people are screaming and crying about how the game is unplayable and phase 2 is destroying the game when it hasn't even been out a week. Like jesus christ can we let the pvpers have our fun for at least one week before we pretend like this is now the permanent state of the game.
I'm giving it to the Horde so hard. Telvaine I just can't stop. No mercy. I've been running solo and this is so fun. Instead of just having Warsong Gulch... I've got Felwood, Feralas, Plaguelands, Burning Steppes, Searing Gorge, Silithus, Un'goro Crater, Blasted Lands, Tanaris, Tirisfal Glades, Durotar, Hillsbrad Foothills.

This is real WoW.

Eastern Plaguelands
US Faerlina
Horde
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Telvaine wrote:
4 years ago
beached wrote:
4 years ago
Jpy wrote:
4 years ago
Screaming and crying? I’m already 60, I’m still finding some farm (I won’t need to farm open world for much longer), and I’ve always enjoyed PvP more than any other facet of the game so I just avoid the fucked zones and everything fine (many 1v2s but it’s a PvP server so I expect it). Point still remains, if you play on a high pop server it’s a literal shit show. I feel bad for anyone trying to level lmao. Some zones (most 48+) are 100% fucked.

Faendor
Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Jpy wrote:
4 years ago

Screaming and crying? I’m already 60, I’m still finding some farm (I won’t need to farm open world for much longer), and I’ve always enjoyed PvP more than any other facet of the game so I just avoid the fucked zones and everything fine (many 1v2s but it’s a PvP server so I expect it). Point still remains, if you play on a high pop server it’s a literal shit show. I feel bad for anyone trying to level lmao. Some zones (most 48+) are 100% fucked.
"Screaming and crying" was not aimed at you, I was referring to the official forums, guess I should have specified that. If you haven't had the displeasure to swing by there in the last few days, I would implore you to do so so you understand just how ridiculous and out of proportion the response over there is. I fear for the integrity of classic if the devs pay any mind to the people over there.

Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Eastern Plaguelands
US Faerlina
Horde
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

The official forums are a big no for me, figured that out years ago lmfao

Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Yeah I was on reddit earlier and the amount of page-long diatribes about how phase 2 is permanently destroying the game is pretty wild. This is the same stuff I remember reading on the official forums back in the day. The developers capitulated back then and I hope they don't do it again here.

Please stick to your guns and let this play out, blizz. Let world PVP exist in its full glory for a full phase before rolling out battlegrounds.

KezanIslander Iban
Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I feel like a lot of these reports are greatly exaggerated too. I wasn't able to play all weekend but I just logged in and went questing for like 20 minutes and only ran into two horde players in that entire time, one of whom was a 60 who ganked me. Keep in mind I'm lvl 52, so according to all the doomposting I shouldn't be able to stay alive for more than 2 minutes.

Edit: After playing for another hour or so, did not get ganked once. I even rolled across an alliance guild doing an RP event, for which they brought lowbies with them into a lvl 50 zone. The reports of Classic's death have been greatly exaggerated.

Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Jpy wrote:
4 years ago
The official forums are a big no for me, figured that out years ago lmfao
I rarely bother with them, but in this case I headed over out of curiosity. What I am worried about is that blizz reads the offical forums, and that could potentially be disastrous for classic.

Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I went to post on the official forums. It said: Your account is unable to post or reply until Dec 31, 2999 4:00 pm.

Iban
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I definitely messed up by choosing a PVP server though, cuz this sucks major ass. I think I started playing the original game after battlegrounds were out, and the PVP server I was on wasn't this brutal outside. I can't get to any relevant instance without dodging my way through a human centipede of a hundred horde just roaming around camping. I'm probably just gonna raid log at this point until it calms down, cuz I can't do this anymore.

Not even saying I want PVP servers to change, just, I should have picked PVE. But now I'm in too deep on this one and have too many friends here so I'm just gonna wait it out.

Warlock Destruction
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 307
Undead
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Most people really don't like P2 for a lot of reasons (yes, even Horde) but I think crying for Blizzard to release content faster or do anything about it is just silly and childish, and I'm loving every moment of it. Same as people are not playing PvE the same way they did it 15 years ago - did you expect for PvP to be played any different?

If the argument is "oh, but PvE doesn't affect anyone" - are you sure about that? I wouldn't be able to recruit jack if I wasn't clearing MC/Ony since week 2. Almost no one is taking meme specs anywhere. Not done with at least 50% of your pre-raid Bis by week 4? Get out of here.

Likewise, I wouldn't be able to call myself a PvP guild if I wasn't sending out 5-10 man roaming squads out in the world, and I don't even count or consider any guild to be PvP unless we've seen them out in the world camping. I wouldn't be able to recruit jack if I didn't have any sort of rankers in a few weeks. Almost no one will think you're a PvP-er if you're not down with Engineering. Not in PvP specs out in the world? Get out of here.

Yes, all of these things I just said aren't mandatory and not everyone is doing it, but trust me that most people are doing them and you'll have a hard time being taken serious as a PvE/PvP raiding guild if you're not doing them. Think of big stupid blobs as the PuGs of raiding, and think of 5-10 mans as the equivalent of raiders in PvE.

The mature approach here is to do the same thing we did for PvE and adapt. I do realize that getting killed out in the world might have a more significant impact right now than not being accepted for raids or falling behind on them because everyone's play at the speed of light, but in abstract it's not that different.

FTHforever
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Nymis wrote:
4 years ago
Most people really don't like P2 for a lot of reasons (yes, even Horde) but I think crying for Blizzard to release content faster or do anything about it is just silly and childish, and I'm loving every moment of it. Same as people are not playing PvE the same way they did it 15 years ago - did you expect for PvP to be played any different?
I absolutely agree with you. I don't want blizz to change up their release schedule because of this. This is already creating some crazy memories that I'm not gonna forget for a long time.

Some examples of crazy shit I saw tonight that simultaneously sucked ass but also created some crazy stories that I'm gonna remember and look back on fondly as 'remember how fucking crazy phase 2 was?':

We were raiding onyxia tonight, so I tried taking the boat from menethil harbor. I already knew this was a bad idea, but I tried it anyway. I was attacked by a group of horde the second I touched down. But I wanted to see if I could make it to the boat anyway - maybe see if I could toss my corpse onto it and somehow end up in Theramore with a stroke of good luck. So I threw a renew on myself, popped bear form and off I went. At least one mage was trying to snare me in one spot, but I kept shifting out of them. There were at least 3 horde trying to bring me down, but me and my 12k armor and 5500 health were having none of it. I popped a health potion, got back in bear form, and somehow dragged the gank squad all the way from the flight path to the end of the pier. I just sat my fuzzy ass down and waited for the boat while being stabbed in the head through my enraged regeneration spell. I died. But dammit it took them damn near a minute for their full group to deal with me as I ignored them all the way to the end of the pier.

I ran my ghost back, waited, rezzed into stealth. I waited for the boat. It arrived with what looked like a full raid group of horde onboard. I gave up on the idea of taking a boat and ended up grabbing a summon.

After MC, I tried running UBRS. The second I landed at Thorium point, I was attacked. I was able to jump off the hillside, but died. And noticed a human centipede of horde lining from the flight path all the way into blackrock mountain. All spazzing out with erratic movement patterns to run into stealthed players. I corpse hopped my way all the way through the flight path to the UBRS portal. Every square foot of the path was within 10-15 yards of some horde camping somewhere.

That was fucking nuts :lol: and it's like this everywhere. I can't wait for it to end, but I'm not gonna hope for blizzard to change anything. It's a new wrinkle in the gameplay. And I'm banking on people getting tired of this on the horde side and doing something else. But I can't do anything outside of town anymore, so I think it's all raid logging and alts from here on out until things settle down. I'm just not going to participate.
Nymis wrote:
4 years ago
Yes, all of these things I just said aren't mandatory and not everyone is doing it, but trust me that most people are doing them and you'll have a hard time being taken serious as a PvE/PvP raiding guild if you're not doing them. Think of big stupid blobs as the PuGs of raiding, and think of 5-10 mans as the equivalent of raiders in PvE.
That's a great way to think about it. The big blobs are the PVP equivalent of the raid PUG, and the organized death squads are the equivalents of PVE raid teams.

I think the gist of it is I joined a PVP server because I love me the occasional gank. It's great fun at the expense of someone else, and it's more fun the more lopsided it is. The problem is you can't balance a gank, it's one sided by design. I don't enjoy PVP, I just like to gank. And I don't like to be ganked. It's okay when it's an occasional gank in each direction, give a gank, receive a gank. But it's now become being on the receiving end of one long continual gank the entire time I'm out of the gates of ironforge and it sucks.

Make no mistake about it, this is all PVP. The 'not real PVP' argument I see all over reddit bugs me. It's this game's 'no true scottsman'. There's no solution for this, I'm just on the wrong type of server. I should have rolled PVE. And I think this applies to a lot of people bitching across all the reddit posts about this. Too many people rolled on PVP servers who have no interest in PVP and are now crying that they're encountering it.
Nymis wrote:
4 years ago
The mature approach here is to do the same thing we did for PvE and adapt. I do realize that getting killed out in the world might have a more significant impact right now than not being accepted for raids or falling behind on them because everyone's play at the speed of light, but in abstract it's not that different.
I agree. There's nothing I can do about this now. Most of my real life friends didn't make it past the tourist phase, and this has been kind of cool because it helped me make a bunch of new friends in game while I was levelling. I have a lot of friends on this server now, and I'm not leaving it. So the only way forward is to embrace the new reality. Questing is no longer an option, and my game when attempting to get to an instance is honor denial. I don't even care if my character dies, I don't want to contribute honor points to my attacker. So I'll spend a half hour stealthing my way across a zone. I'll pop bear form from stealth to charge the horde player camping the instance portal as I run in just so he can see my honor points slap him in the face as I run by and get into the portal unharmed. And I'm going to level some alts and wait. Cuz I can't be outside of ironforge anymore.

FTHforever
Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
4 years ago
Most of my real life friends didn't make it past the tourist phase
Lol @ this. Same thing happened here. I knew it was going to, but its still a bit of a facepalm lol.

Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Eastern Plaguelands
US Faerlina
Horde
Teldrassil
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 444
Alliance
Priest
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I don't see a reason why we shouldn't have all 3 bg's already in, bgs won't kill wpvp, they will just make it more bearable on overcrowded realms. Lot of people enjoy vanilla for the bg's specifically, dunno why we need to delay that for them.

FTHforever
Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
Alterac Valley
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 148
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Faendor wrote:
4 years ago
I don't see a reason why we shouldn't have all 3 bg's already in, bgs won't kill wpvp, they will just make it more bearable on overcrowded realms. Lot of people enjoy vanilla for the bg's specifically, dunno why we need to delay that for them.
Yes, that's me.

I really like battleground PvP and especially AV. I even go so far to claim that for me the game starts once AV is in. Before that everything is just a bonus, and the best time for leveling alts. Blizzard failed at getting cool objective based PvP with meaningful rewards outside of battlegrounds into the game; and this is why I love AV so much.

That said, I respect that other people enjoy different things, like maybe sitting on chokepoints all day (try diremaul entrance for example) and kill you 3-4 times. Or play king of the hill on blackrock mountain.
But for me it's just not efficient enough to care about it.

I am quite sure early release of battlegrounds have not only something to do with the whiners, but also because Blizzard's stats told them: wpvp release was bad for subscription numbers, you better do something fast!

Pippina Stfuppercut Leandros Furious