Poll  •  Class?
Hunter Marksman
US Kirtonos
donator Posts: 19
Alliance
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I've been trying to pick a class to play but I've always been a little indecisive. I am looking for a class that has consistent damage that I have control over. I want to know how much damage i'm going to do before I do it. I would greatly appreciate specifics to the class if you do post one, but anything helps :D
(I don't want to depend on others in pvp scenarios)

Where is my level 60 boost?
ImageImage
Druid Feral
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 165
Horde
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Go with mage, guaranteed stable and sustainable ranged top dps.

Felwood
EU Razorgore
donator Posts: 80
Tauren
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

"damage" -> rule out Shaman and Druid
"consistent" -> rule out Shadow Priest

"don't want to depend on others in pvp scenarios" -> rule out Hunter (in current state Hunter sucks 1v1 because FD bugs)

So that leaves you with Warlock and Mage. Do some research on what they're like. PvP: Mages are super mobile, have tons of control and are easy to feel good at. Warlocks are super immobile, are very tanky and nukey and have a pretty steep learning curve (it's going to take a lot of experience before you start to feel like you rock).
PvE: Mages have a better single target rotation, because it at least changes from Frostbolt spam to Ignite management depending on content. Warlocks just spam Shadowbolt and Lifetap for the entire game, and perhaps Corruption if you get alloted a debuff slot.

Krispyish
Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Great choosing guide here if you’re still undecided :smile:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1481

Krispyish