donator Posts: 22
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

How many playera does a server hold before there is a queue? With the recent removal of layering some servers have queues of 5,000 players or so. Does this provide any insight into what the server capacity could be? Org/IF seem way more populated than back in vanilla.

Winterspring
EU Zandalar Tribe
donator Posts: 80
Dwarf
Priest
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

no one knows the exact number, but blizzard mentioned that the current servers can hold many times over the "old" classic servers back in the day.
also take not that people are coming back due to phase2, so there will be a higher influx of logins than usually, give it a week or two and it'll dial down.

Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Not sure but it finally feels alive! The world was so dead... And we were layered right up until the end. I cant imagine how other realms felt.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Ironforge
US Myzrael
donator Posts: 33
Human
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago
Not sure but it finally feels alive! The world was so dead... And we were layered right up until the end. I cant imagine how other realms felt.
On Myzrael the layering was removed a few weeks ago but it's felt alive the entire time. Always tons of people around!

Warcraft Tavern - WoW Classic Guides
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Ironforge was busy during peak hours for sure on Fairbanks before the squish, but now we're all on the same flat layer and it's great. If I know somebody is in ironforge then I can go find them and not worry about them being on another layer. I was waiting for a buddy to finish an instance last night and port back to ironforge, so we just hung out in the mystic ward and waited. It was really cool seeing all the people porting back and coming through there, finishing raids, instances, whatever. Just feels good being all in one place finally.