donator Posts: 301
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Source: Blizzcon

teebling Pippina
<Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats> | Arugal Horde
Powered by https://classic.wowhead.com/item=9061/g ... ocket-fuel, our Fuel Rats go above and beyond to help out others.
Will you answer the call?
Guild Info ~ Stories ~ Discord
Badlands
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 367
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Yeah, pretty hyped. Watching Blizzon right now, hoping to hear something really cool.

Pippina
Image    Image    Image
Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 344
Alliance
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Good - I'll finally hit 60 early next week, so I won't get farmed for honor while questing on Nov 12th.

Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

rijndael wrote:
4 years ago
Good - I'll finally hit 60 early next week, so I won't get farmed for honor while questing on Nov 12th.
Me too!!! I timed this just right, I'm going to be 60 this weekend, just in time to get to cap before the world turns into a living PVP hellscape :lol:

Looks like it's time to get started on the waterlords rep RIGHT NOW so we don't have to worry about that later.

Eastern Plaguelands
US Faerlina
donator Posts: 369
Horde
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

And it begins

Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Shit I'm on holidays until the 12th and I'm lvl 53. Uh oh

Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Arathi Basin
EU Ten Storms
donator Posts: 253
Alliance
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

People who say they are level 60 and are not worried. You....Are....NOT....safe.

I however will not be level 45 even so I'm dead 100%

Vlostek nafeth
Altaholic playing the following:
Ten Storms EU Alliance
Finnigan - Dwarf Hunter Lvl 30
Portalmaster - Gnome Mage Lvl 19
Shaelur - Dwarf Paladin Lvl 22
Shaelus - Night Elf Druid Lvl 50
Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 344
Alliance
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
4 years ago
Looks like it's time to get started on the waterlords rep RIGHT NOW so we don't have to worry about that later.
Refresh my memory, what's the Waterlords rep for again? It's been a decade. :mrgreen:

Shaman Enhancement
donator Posts: 375
Troll
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

rijndael wrote:
4 years ago
Pippina wrote:
4 years ago
Refresh my memory, what's the Waterlords rep for again? It's been a decade. :mrgreen:
It's to get access to the aqual quiintessences, which you use to douse runes that are next to 4 bosses in MC. You have to douse those runes in order to fight Majordomo, and if you can't fight him, you can't have him summon Ragnaros.

I.E. it's an extra way Blizz wanted to stymie progress in MC b/c that was the only content other than Ony. (thus also why the attunement quest was so long for Ony).

Gensei - Shaman, Bloodsail Buccaneers
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Erik wrote:
4 years ago
People who say they are level 60 and are not worried. You....Are....NOT....safe.

I however will not be level 45 even so I'm dead 100%
Ehhhhh... I dont think it will be that bad for 60's.. There will be 5 man deathsquads spread all over the world. Areas like chillwind camp, marshals refuge, blackrock mountain and lights hope chapel will be heavily camped. These are high traffic / poorly guarded areas. You will have inexperienced players creating raids and hitting major cities and you will have instances of tarren mill VS southshore early on by the casual community. The casual community will get tuckered out quickly and you will only have to worry about the roaming deathsquads. If I need to farm gold (I dont - thank you layering) I can do that within Diremaul. Established 60s are pretty safe at this point and can choose to participate in the world PvP or avoid it.

Now for the people who are level 1-55 on a PvP server right now - Rest in peace. Especially for the first 2-3 weeks. It will tone down quickly when people start to respect the effort that the rank grind requires and when the trolly lols fade. After a few weeks of grinding level 48-55 players in a deathsquad for hours and hours per day, a huge portion of players will lose interest in the grind and their marathon of death will end. You will be left with a very small hardcore population of PvPers that are focused on honor per hour. Dont be in high traffic areas during peak hours and you'll be fine.

The biggest factors here will be server population and faction balance. Things will be much worse on realms that are still layered like my realm. In the end, established 60s can avoid most of the PvP if they want to, people who are leveling can not.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Arathi Basin
donator Posts: 326
Undead
Priest
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Lets see what happens on the big servers :D
Kinda hyped!!

Undead Priest @ <reLAX>
Twitch Channel, feel free to take a look :)!
Hunter Survival
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 41
Dwarf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Will dishonorable Kills be implemented too?

Shaman Enhancement
EU Dreadmist
donator Posts: 37
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Hinien wrote:
4 years ago
Will dishonorable Kills be implemented too?
Yep, all coming together

Hinien
Warlock Affliction
US Kirtonos
donator Posts: 363
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

If you are 60 you do not get honor for killing players under 49?

If so I think I am safe, I am only 43 and slowly leveling and I doubt I will be 49+ once this releases and even a couple weeks after so if it dies down a good amount maybe I dont experience the worst of it!

Image Image
Image Image
| Nýxt - Demonology Warlock | Kirtonos PVP | Level 50 | - | Awkaran - Resto Druid | Kirtonos PVP | Level 20 |
| Fatherbatch - Holy Priest | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 | - | Reignmaker - Frost Mage | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 |
Hunter Survival
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 41
Dwarf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Not only you don't get honor, you get a honor malus for.dishonorable kills, I reckon there is also a permanent count. For.this reason I remember doing city raids I not really a good way to gain honor. Low lovel faction NPC's also give dishonorable kills.

Warlock Demonology
US Skeram
donator Posts: 229
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Gonna be nice to have a reason to wear my felheart gear!

Druid Feral
US Incendius
donator Posts: 163
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Can't wait to do the pvp grind to get my 4 set bonus as a druid.

Selexin
Horde | Druid | Incendius | Cowligula
Warlock Demonology
US Skeram
donator Posts: 229
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I was on the horde end of this on Skeram the other night when we did MC. I'm really hoping something is done to fix this stuff in a big way before phase 2. Large scale PVP is awesome and one of my favorite aspects of online gaming. This stuff is flat out depressing.

Druid Feral
US Incendius
donator Posts: 163
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

pan0phobik wrote:
4 years ago
I was on the horde end of this on Skeram the other night when we did MC. I'm really hoping something is done to fix this stuff in a big way before phase 2. Large scale PVP is awesome and one of my favorite aspects of online gaming. This stuff is flat out depressing.
Yea, the servers are so unbelievably not ready for phase 2's large scale PvP that will inevitably erupt throughout the world (of warcraft).

Here's hoping blizzard will do something to fix this... A man can dream can't he?

Horde | Druid | Incendius | Cowligula
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

pan0phobik wrote:
4 years ago

Man that really sucks. I've been in a couple of PVP raids so far and haven't experienced anything remotely similar to that. Maybe it's because I'm close to the datacenter, I don't know. But I've been in a full 40-man PVP raid inside blackrock mountain camping the entrance as an opposing MC raid showed up. There were a bunch of other parties in the area, so there were probably around ~100 people in that spot. It was nuts. It was also silky smooth. I've also been in raids to thunderbluff and orgrimmar as well with maybe less people that were just as smooth, gameplay wise. No noticeable lag. And I'm on Fairbanks, one of the last remaining layered servers in the US so I'm on a busy server.

Paladin Holy
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 109
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Find P2 coming out super early, on Firemaw we are still layered and with P2 coming out Tuesday, we wont have much time to adjust to single layer (which absolutely has to happen before P2 is live)

Selexin fendor
- Xcellers
|Paladin|Firemaw EU-PVP|
Mk. Ultra - Comprehensive Guild Management Spreadsheet
A comprehensive tool for guild managers maintaining rosters & loot distribution in LC based guilds

Vault of the Silverhands, A Gear Primer for Holy Paladins
A progressive and customisable item, enchant and buff overview for Holy Paladins

Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Yeah it's going to be super interesting to see what happens with layering. Blizzard already promised that layering will be shut down before phase 2, and now we got a phase 2 release date. But it also seems like we got a situation where some servers just plain aren't ready to be squished to a single server. And I think I remember Blizzard saying that all servers move to the next phase simultaneously. Gonna be real interesting to see how this all plays out.

Selexin
Thunder Bluff
US Rattlegore
donator Posts: 20
Tauren
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I'm actually pretty excited for the chaos that will hopefully ensue! :twisted:

Mage Frost
EU Mirage Raceway
donator Posts: 22
Gnome
Mage
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Will Blizzard indeed remove layers when P2 hits?

Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Delfy wrote:
4 years ago
Will Blizzard indeed remove layers when P2 hits?
Yeah

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2744

According to blizz, all servers worldwide go flat on November 12th