View results
Poll  •  Which one is the most OP?
Desolace
donator Posts: 52
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Title is self explanatory, but anyway: in your opinion, which class is the one that you tend to avoid from the opposite faction, because you would most likely wouldn't come out on top once you two got into a beatdown?

Not really talking about high skill ceiling because pretty much every class has that, more like which class can easily pwn others without much effort?

A bat in the hand is worth two in the belfry.
Druid Feral
US Incendius
donator Posts: 163
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Warlock, Druids, Rogues, and to a lesser extent shadow priests. I'm probably only adding Shadow priests because they hard counter druid (which I main) pretty hard.

All of those classes are power houses in world pvp. Locks maybe less so just because of mobility issues, but either way, an SL warlock can survive so much damage!

Rogues are self explanatory. Tons of utility, great cooldowns. However, if you catch them with their abilites on cooldown their scariness drops slitghtly.

Druids I put on because a well played druid out in the world can control a fight to an insane degree. If the druid wants you dead and they play smart, you will die. Maybe not super quickly, but you will die. So this one might fall under the skill ceiling thing. A bad druid might not be that scary to fight.

Horde | Druid | Incendius | Cowligula
Shaman Enhancement
EU Dreadmist
donator Posts: 37
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

It's quite obviously mage.

Their ability to basically go "no, you be a sheep for a bit whilst I prepare for this fight" is literally unmatched.

There are other good classes for WPvP (I strongly disagree that druid is "OP" in WPvP), but nothing on the level of mage.

Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 289
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Idk why people always list druid as strong in wpvp. Yes they are hard to kill, but hard to kill does not mean "OP in wpvp". Escaping and coming back to gank you later does not make them a strong wpvp class. Literally any class can gank if you just bide your time and wait for the opportunity. Also, "if played extremely well they can be difficult by definition makes the class not OP imo. An OP class can win if played poorly, that's why it's OP. A discussion about skill ceilings or outplay potential is a totally different conversation.

I chose hunter for this poll because it does not take much skill at all for a hunter to beat most classes in the open world, and humanoid tracking gives hunters a level of situational awareness that lets you pick and choose fights almost to the same level that stealth does when combined with spy.

CallMeDara
Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Paladin Holy
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 109
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Had i been horde still, I would have said Paladin, based not on the title, but based on the whole "who would you avoid" - my time is precious and i dont wanna spend it on churning through a paladin

- Xcellers
|Paladin|Firemaw EU-PVP|
Mk. Ultra - Comprehensive Guild Management Spreadsheet
A comprehensive tool for guild managers maintaining rosters & loot distribution in LC based guilds

Vault of the Silverhands, A Gear Primer for Holy Paladins
A progressive and customisable item, enchant and buff overview for Holy Paladins

Eastern Plaguelands
US Faerlina
donator Posts: 369
Horde
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Telvaine wrote:
4 years ago
Idk why people always list druid as strong in wpvp. Yes they are hard to kill, but hard to kill does not mean "OP in wpvp". Escaping and coming back to gank you later does not make them a strong wpvp class. Literally any class can gank if you just bide your time and wait for the opportunity. Also, "if played extremely well they can be difficult by definition makes the class not OP imo. An OP class can win if played poorly, that's why it's OP. A discussion about skill ceilings or outplay potential is a totally different conversation.

I chose hunter for this poll because it does not take much skill at all for a hunter to beat most classes in the open world, and humanoid tracking gives hunters a level of situational awareness that lets you pick and choose fights almost to the same level that stealth does when combined with spy.
Spy will tell you when anyone is near you anyway so Track Humanoids is pretty irrelevant. I’m sure it’s an extension of the area covered but spy is already a pretty big radius. While leveling Hunter is a pain in the ass for sure but in that regard a Rogue who’s patient will 100% kill you if you’re half life fighting a mob etc. I think Hunter actually has a very high ceiling with Trap management and just positioning in general. Aspect management can be hell for someone new as well; Cheetah has a lot of upside but is very punishing in PvP when not managed properly.

E: as Hunter I naturally hate running into Warlocks who are adamant about fighting lmao.

Desolace
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Sikeo wrote:
4 years ago
It's quite obviously mage.

Their ability to basically go "no, you be a sheep for a bit whilst I prepare for this fight" is literally unmatched.

There are other good classes for WPvP (I strongly disagree that druid is "OP" in WPvP), but nothing on the level of mage.
At least you get healed when sheeped, but yeah, I also voted mage. Frost is just ridiculous, and to add insult to injury, their raiding spec seem to be perfect for pvp too.

Eastern Plaguelands
US Faerlina
Horde
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

@ToriK both mage raiding specs used currently lack Imp CS, Imp Frost Nova, Shatter, and Frostbite. The non Winter’s Chill variant doesn’t even get Cold Snap lol.

Druid Feral
US Incendius
donator Posts: 163
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Sikeo wrote:
4 years ago
Druids would like a word with that polymorph.

Horde | Druid | Incendius | Cowligula
Ashenvale
US Herod
donator Posts: 3
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

With class popularity as it is, I can see warlock being the top vote. Mages get stomped by warlocks.

ToriK
Desolace
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Volition wrote:
4 years ago
With class popularity as it is, I can see warlock being the top vote. Mages get stomped by warlocks.
True, the bias is real.

Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 289
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Jpy wrote:
4 years ago
Telvaine wrote:
4 years ago

Spy will tell you when anyone is near you anyway so Track Humanoids is pretty irrelevant. I’m sure it’s an extension of the area covered but spy is already a pretty big radius. While leveling Hunter is a pain in the ass for sure but in that regard a Rogue who’s patient will 100% kill you if you’re half life fighting a mob etc. I think Hunter actually has a very high ceiling with Trap management and just positioning in general. Aspect management can be hell for someone new as well; Cheetah has a lot of upside but is very punishing in PvP when not managed properly.

E: as Hunter I naturally hate running into Warlocks who are adamant about fighting lmao.
Track humanoids is essential, spy doesn't tell you where people are, just that they're near. Spy alerts you that they're nearby. Tracking instantly lets you know where they are, what direction they are coming from, etc. As you stated, positioning is very important on a hunter, and tracking makes that much easier.

Also, as mentioned above, literally every class will 100% kill you if they catch you at half life fighting a mob, that's a worthless metric.

Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Eastern Plaguelands
US Faerlina
Horde
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I’m not trying to devalue Track Humanoids; it’s amazing. Spy just indirectly nerfs it because now every class has something similar while before Hunter was the sole benefactor.

Positioning and knowing when someone from the opposing faction is nearby are two separate monsters entirely, though.

Badlands
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 367
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

ToriK wrote:
4 years ago
Not really talking about high skill ceiling because pretty much every class has that, more like which class can easily pwn others without much effort?
uhh well. it depends what you consider as effort. A lot of stuff that people consider insanely complex is second nature to some.

Sorry to be pedantic :P but something as simple as seeing an enemy versus being surprised can entirely change the tide of a fight.

Image    Image    Image
Felwood
EU Razorgore
donator Posts: 80
Tauren
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Too many variables really. Voted Hunter because in an open world like Desolace starting at max range (which is what Hunters can always do due to track humanoids) nothing can beat a good Hunter. In a more confined setting where kiting is more difficult like Feralas for example I would vote Warlock.

Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

ToriK wrote:
4 years ago
which class can easily pwn others without much effort?
The obvious answer is rogue. While I don't think that rogues are the most dominant class in 1v1's rogues choose their fights in world PvP. A rogue has the ability to win 100% of their fights because THEY dictate the engagement and if things start to go poorly, rogues have a very high chance of resetting or fleeing the fight. This is pretty powerful and is often while people misrepresent rogues as "overpowered".

Druids are hard to lockdown. They are slippery. A good druid will either win or escape and while their performance is underwhelming, their survivability and resilience is incredible. A druids "dominance" is less about their capacity to win engagements and more about their ability to avoid losing.

If we are talking group PvP. Meaningful raid PvP for world bosses and control - the mage with sapper charges is king. Mages also fair well in 1v1's and 1vX situations.

If you are looking at running around the world as a solo player and asking which class has the highest ability to win a fight against another player, warlock, hunter and spriest are all strong. Spriest is good early on and always commendable. Hunters are really strong early, especially as BM and slowly fade. Warlocks start slow and ramp up quickly becoming the best 1v1 class in late game.'

In short, context matters. There is no "best class" for world PvP.

FTHforever
g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Tirisfal Glades
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 301
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

The 6 madman who chose Warrior tho.

Vlostek
<Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats> | Arugal Horde