Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

They're really going to have to pull a rabbit out of the hat for this year's Blizzcon! I actually have 2 RL mates over there from Australia to see it, I hope it's enjoyable for them.

ShamelessEU shapla
Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Shaman Enhancement
EU Dreadmist
donator Posts: 37
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Telvaine KezanIslander Selexin Saltybob shapla
Loch modan
EU Razorgore
donator Posts: 188
Dwarf
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

What makes you think that?

It is more or less confirmed that Diablo 4 and a massive overwatch update will be announced.
Also we can expect a new WoW expansion as well as a Warcraft 3 Reforged release date, which may even be in the near future.
I dont know whats up for the other Blizzard IPs, but I dont see how this Blizzcon wouldnt be a success, unless they pull a "Dont you guys have phones part 2: electric bogaloo".
I expect them to ensure that Hong Kong wont be mentioned in any way, for that matter.

Shaman Enhancement
EU Dreadmist
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Samaraner wrote:
4 years ago
...a Warcraft 3 Reforged release date, which may even be in the near future.
I read something somewhere that because of how long its been on presale, they legally have until the end of the year to release it because of some US law or some shit.

I'm not expecting D4 to be anything other than a disappointment to be honest. With all the Hong Kong drama/controversy, I think people are expecting the convention to be received quite poorly.

Just have to wait and see I guess.

Blasted Lands
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 201
Human
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Very excited for news regarding WoW and Diablo!

Do not care much for retail WoW except the lvling experience of a new expansion / the playstyle of a new class... Then its back to Classic for me

Diablo 4 on the other hand would be something I would spend a lot of time on, having played many D3 since launch on the computer + on my PS4. Just hope we get Diablo 4 for PS4 right away, since that game is so much better on a console.

EU - Firemaw
Alliance Warlock
Arathi Basin
EU Ten Storms
donator Posts: 253
Alliance
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Samaraner wrote:
4 years ago

It is more or less confirmed that Diablo 4 and a massive overwatch update will be announced.
Also we can expect a new WoW expansion as well as a Warcraft 3 Reforged release date, which may even be in the near future.
I dont know whats up for the other Blizzard IPs, but I dont see how this Blizzcon wouldnt be a success, unless they pull a "Dont you guys have phones part 2: electric bogaloo".
I expect them to ensure that Hong Kong wont be mentioned in any way, for that matter.
Don't want Diablo 4.... I want a remaster of Diablo 2

Altaholic playing the following:
Ten Storms EU Alliance
Finnigan - Dwarf Hunter Lvl 30
Portalmaster - Gnome Mage Lvl 19
Shaelur - Dwarf Paladin Lvl 22
Shaelus - Night Elf Druid Lvl 50
Druid Feral
US Incendius
donator Posts: 163
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Sikeo wrote:
4 years ago
With all the Hong Kong drama/controversy, I think people are expecting the convention to be received quite poorly.
Yea, I really am expecting this to be a bad blizzcon. I can see them not having Q&A sessions because you know there are going to be a ton of questions regarding China and Blizzard's relationship and it's implications for the US. You know there will be some people who won't even ask a question and just say Free Hong Kong, or something along those lines, which obviously is not going to fly in China. So blizzcon will either be heavily censored in China, or they will just heavily censor it in America.

I can see a lot of people potentially wearing Winnie the Pooh masks.

But we'll see what happens.

Horde | Druid | Incendius | Cowligula
donator Posts: 42
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Samaraner wrote:
4 years ago

Warcraft 3 Reforged was supposed to get released summer this year, I wouldn't exactly cite them announcing a new releasedate as a positive. This shit should have been out months ago.

Also yeah we'll probably get a new expansion, Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2. But out of those I only expect the expansion to be received well, and only because they're bringing back Lich King. Those other two, whatever they are, will most likely be awful

Warrior Protection
donator Posts: 49
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I am legitimately interested to see what the new WoW expansion is. I'm a mark, I play all of them eventually, even if it's only for a month, but I agree with the prevailing thought that they're on an "every other expansion is good" cycle, and they're probably going to come back with a "good" one for August 2020. This isn't to say that Legion and MoP didn't have their problems; every expansion does. They're definitely more fondly remembered than WoD or BFA though, for sure.

I know there was some talk about them maybe pulling in some lessons/design choices from Classic, but I think the (semi-)surprise success of Classic probably came in too late for them to do any big changes to the expansion's mechanics. Aside from squishing the levels down to 60, that is.

Not expecting it in the least but I would be floored if they started pushing away from the class homogenization they've been doing, even since "good" expansion Legion. At the very least getting back some of the pruned abilities would be nice.

And yeah Diablo 4 will be interesting. I have faith in it (maybe misplaced) just because they're at a point where they can't fuck this up. Diablo 3 made everyone mad until Reaper of Souls came out. Diablo Immortal made everyone even madder. Releasing season after season where you get some new cosmetics and (maybe) a new class set really doesn't hold up to the new leagues and expansions PoE is pumping out every few months. But maybe I'm just an optimist.

And then yeah Diablo 2 HD would be a nice surprise. I'd love to play that game again without a jank-ass glide wrapper or resolution mod making my character the size of an ant at 1080p. (I am assuming there are ways around this but having the game at least at a native 16x9 would be cool).

4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I don't think I'll go back to retail, no matter what the new expansion is. I was willing to try new expansions before Classic was out, but BfA is probably my least played expansion ever, and Classic is out now. My time is just better spent in Classic. No matter what the new expansion is, it won't fix the underlying problem the game has. Class balance, cash shop, dungeon finder, etc

Loch modan
EU Razorgore
Dwarf
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Warcraft 3 Reforged was supposed to get released summer this year, I wouldn't exactly cite them announcing a new releasedate as a positive. This shit should have been out months ago.
Blizzard never said anything but targetting a 2019 release. Your comment sounds awfully entitled to be honest.

I think a Diablo 2 rerelease is just a matter of time. They did Starcraft and Warcraft allready. Considering their dedicated retro team is probably still busy with getting Warcraft, I dont expect them to announce anything this year but wait for next year when they have something to show for.

Felwood
EU Razorgore
donator Posts: 80
Tauren
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Heh. Blizzcon sure is going to be interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwFmldVrRII
Controversy upon controversy. Feels like Blizz is actively trying to make sure people will not pay them anymore XD

Loch modan
EU Razorgore
Dwarf
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

You just made me click on an asmongold video. Shame on you.

Erik teebling Alnir
Druid Feral
US Incendius
donator Posts: 163
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Samaraner wrote:
4 years ago
You just made me click on an asmongold video. Shame on you.
Thank you for the warning, now I know to ignore the link.

Horde | Druid | Incendius | Cowligula
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Samaraner wrote:
4 years ago
g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Blizzard never said anything but targetting a 2019 release. Your comment sounds awfully entitled to be honest.

I think a Diablo 2 rerelease is just a matter of time. They did Starcraft and Warcraft allready. Considering their dedicated retro team is probably still busy with getting Warcraft, I dont expect them to announce anything this year but wait for next year when they have something to show for.
Wasn't there a rumor that it had been delayed? Anyway, it would've made the most sense to release it before Classic, but they missed that boat. I feel the hype for that is dwindling.

As for a Diablo 2 remaster... All I can say about that is, it's a sad sad thing indeed when the most exciting things Blizzard can release are rehashes of their old games.

Warlock Demonology
US Skeram
donator Posts: 229
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

All I know is Blizzcon 2019 is going to be fucking wild.

Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Samaraner wrote:
4 years ago
The fallout was pretty massive - I expect there to be some form of protest at some point during/outside Blizzcon.

Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I'll play whatever garbage they release. I'm a sucker. As long as I get a solid 2-3 play sessions out of a game, I can justify spending the money.

teebling
g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Eastern Plaguelands
US Faerlina
donator Posts: 369
Horde
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Please D2 remastered over another Diablo 3 piece of shit..

teebling Selexin
Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 289
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

morbidmike wrote:
4 years ago
Heh. Blizzcon sure is going to be interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwFmldVrRII
Controversy upon controversy. Feels like Blizz is actively trying to make sure people will not pay them anymore XD
O_o

Hear me out.

Mfw blizz is actively courting controversy in order to lower their market value so that Activision drops the label in order to maintain profitability, and the formerly enslaved now freed blizzard entertainment can now get back to producing quality games instead of churning out profit generating garbage...

Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I kinda don't wanna buy their virtual ticket, but I also don't wanna miss the inevitable shitshow

Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I liked D3 a lot after the expansion. That game was pretty bad when it first launched, but I feel like they fixed everything in the reaper of souls expansion.

I'm looking forward to a D2 remaster.

Mage Frost
EU Mirage Raceway
donator Posts: 22
Gnome
Mage
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I haven't played wow retail since halfway WoD, and i do not have any interest on playing again, so nothing interesting there.
But i am looking forward to any new Diablo stuff

ShamelessEU

Shaman Enhancement
EU Dreadmist
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
I kinda don't wanna buy their virtual ticket, but I also don't wanna miss the inevitable shitshow
All the good bits will be all over the internet anyway, save your money.

I never understood the virtual ticket personally, you are paying $$$ to get information that will be readily available literally hours later elsewhere for free. If you aren't going to be there to experience it, save your money.

EU Dreadmist
donator Posts: 231
Horde
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I barely have time to play Classic and soon I'll have to fit Reforged and Diablo 4 into the schedule. :confused: