EU Shazzrah
donator Posts: 16
Horde
Mage
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I know it is what the #nochanges was voting for and a lot of people didn't want any changes in classic (in the fear that Blizzard would screw up a game we knew was already good).

Spell batching just makes the game feel a little bit laggy and annoying sometimes for me personally.
What do you guys think about it?

Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 289
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I think I don't fully understand what it means. Care to explain?

Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Deadwind Pass
US Rattlegore
donator Posts: 22
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Telvaine wrote:
4 years ago
The server processes spells in larger batches compared to retail, which means that it's more easy for things to happen at the same time, such as two mages polymorphing each other

Telvaine
Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 344
Alliance
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I am sympathetic to the argument that spell batching was useful during Vanilla but not optimal in Classic due to differences in computing and network technology then and now. At the very least, they should increase the frequency of spell batch processing.

Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

v1stra wrote:
4 years ago
Telvaine wrote:
4 years ago
The server processes spells in larger batches compared to retail, which means that it's more easy for things to happen at the same time, such as two mages polymorphing each other
Ty for the concise explanation. I can see how this would be annoying in certain situations, but it also allows for better shatter combos if I decide to play a mage again. I can't really think of any other way this would be good or useful though. No changers at it again I suppose.

Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Spell batching is awful. It feels awful and it takes away from the game. I dont think it suits Classic well.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
EU Shazzrah
donator Posts: 16
Horde
Mage
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago
Spell batching is awful. It feels awful and it takes away from the game. I dont think it suits Classic well.
I kind of feel the same and have heard that from a lot of people which is why I made this topic. Maybe they should tune it down a little and it could please both crowds? Not sure if they dare to change too much though.

Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

rasm586c wrote:
4 years ago
Maybe they should tune it down a little and it could please both crowds? Not sure if they dare to change too much though.
I feel the same way. I'd like to see them slowly dial back batching and leeway until its at a reasonable level that adds value to the game. In its current state, spell batching rewards sloppy gameplay and is far too apparent. If a system like batching or leeway or layering can be recognized by the players, so much so that they are intentionally and constantly manipulating it to remain competitive, it defeats the purpose of the system which was intended to smooth or improve gameplay in the background. When these systems become the focus of the player it detracts from the game as a whole.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Arathi Basin
EU Ten Storms
donator Posts: 253
Alliance
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I remember a rogue vs rogue video where they almost copied each others spells having both in gouge, and all kinds of stuns at the same time. The duel didn't go anywhere lol, quite amusing.

But yeah, I think it can be used in unfair advantages at times too. I think if you pop Elemental Mastery and do a chain lightning and immediately a Earth Shock, both will have the 100% crit chance. Hence why Ele shamans have sick burst with that talent. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Altaholic playing the following:
Ten Storms EU Alliance
Finnigan - Dwarf Hunter Lvl 30
Portalmaster - Gnome Mage Lvl 19
Shaelur - Dwarf Paladin Lvl 22
Shaelus - Night Elf Druid Lvl 50
Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago
rasm586c wrote:
4 years ago
Maybe they should tune it down a little and it could please both crowds? Not sure if they dare to change too much though.
I feel the same way. I'd like to see them slowly dial back batching and leeway until its at a reasonable level that adds value to the game. In its current state, spell batching rewards sloppy gameplay and is far too apparent. If a system like batching or leeway or layering can be recognized by the players, so much so that they are intentionally and constantly manipulating it to remain competitive, it defeats the purpose of the system which was intended to smooth or improve gameplay in the background. When these systems become the focus of the player it detracts from the game as a whole.
BUT NO CHANGES BRO YOU DON'T EVEN

Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Alterac Valley
donator Posts: 11
Alliance
Rogue
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Is spell batching the reason I can land a heal on a tank while they have health and they die while I’m casting my second heal but they gained no health from the first?

Stranglethorn Vale
donator Posts: 43
Human
Mage
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Playing a mage and occasionally doing a few AoE pulls while farming, I've too many times had mobs sprint through my Blizzard without being slowed. So yeah, it's annoying.

Priest Holy
donator Posts: 20
Horde
Priest
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

RavagerAffinity wrote:
4 years ago
Is spell batching the reason I can land a heal on a tank while they have health and they die while I’m casting my second heal but they gained no health from the first?
Yes. It's also the reason why "the heal did land" is a meme. You can land a heal, see the animation and the tank still died. Damage & heal happened in the same "tick", killing the tank in the process.

Hunter Survival
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 41
Dwarf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

disco wrote:
4 years ago
Playing a mage and occasionally doing a few AoE pulls while farming, I've too many times had mobs sprint through my Blizzard without being slowed. So yeah, it's annoying.
Hunter traps not proccing on mounted people/charging warriors/sprinting rogues..

Arathi Basin
EU Ten Storms
donator Posts: 253
Alliance
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Hinien wrote:
4 years ago
disco wrote:
4 years ago
Hunter traps not proccing on mounted people/charging warriors/sprinting rogues..
Not sure that has to do with spell batching. Spell batching is more that if a mage were standing on top of you and casted poly, and just as she finish casting you put down a trap and trap her and you get polied at the same time.

Altaholic playing the following:
Ten Storms EU Alliance
Finnigan - Dwarf Hunter Lvl 30
Portalmaster - Gnome Mage Lvl 19
Shaelur - Dwarf Paladin Lvl 22
Shaelus - Night Elf Druid Lvl 50
Druid Feral
US Incendius
donator Posts: 163
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

As a druid, spell batching is probably the most annoying "addition" to the game. So many times I will cast bear form, or cat for or something, it doesn't go off, so I press it again, and I switch to cat form, and then out of cat form to caster form. So much wasted mana man... Infuriates me.

Horde | Druid | Incendius | Cowligula
Hunter Survival
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 41
Dwarf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Erik wrote:
4 years ago
Not sure that has to do with spell batching.
I always thought that every spell batch the server checks if a player is standing on a trap / there is a player on top of a trap. But I've got no proof it works like that.
I'm just a salty hunter, I need to blame something :P

Priest Holy
donator Posts: 20
Horde
Priest
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Hinien wrote:
4 years ago
Erik wrote:
4 years ago
Not sure that has to do with spell batching.
I always thought that every spell batch the server checks if a player is standing on a trap / there is a player on top of a trap. But I've got no proof it works like that.
I'm just a salty hunter, I need to blame something :P
It very likely works exactly that way, which is why you can blink over traps or just use your mount to "jump" over them.