Shaman Enhancement
EU Dreadmist
donator Posts: 37
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Wassup.

So, currently I'm level 34 and happily questing in STV killing raptors. I'm pretty low, start to bandage - BOOM, FROSTBOLT!

Ahh thats a bit annoying, oh well, part and parcel of being on a PvP server. Run back to my corpse, check for the mage, coast is clear... nope, he was hiding, get popped again.

Alright, I'm gonna res a bit away and try and jump him, get my charge off, hamstring up, still nothing I can do, get popped again. Damn!

Am I just boned in 1 on 1 PvP vs Mages? I've read in some places that its basically the mages fight to lose, but there must be some things I can do?

Loch modan
EU Judgement
donator Posts: 33
Dwarf
Priest
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Sikeo wrote:
4 years ago
Am I just boned in 1 on 1 PvP vs Mages?
Pretty much yes.
Same with shadow priests.
Not sure about warlocks.

The only thing you can do is try to fight and hope you win, but if the caster has some PVP knowledge there isn't much you can do, because by class design you are dead already, not because you are worse at PVP.

If I were you I would just try my best to avoid these 1v1 with casters.

FTHforever
Burning Steppes
donator Posts: 26
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

You gotta invest in some FAP!
Free Action Potions are your best friend. Also look up restorative potions.

*I'd link them but I'm currently at work. Will fix when I get home*

Selexin
Yinn - Orc 2h fury Warrior - Arcanite Reaper :twisted:
Druid Restoration
EU Ashbringer
donator Posts: 38
Horde
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

For now, a slightly above average mage will always win against warrior.

But you have something really cool if you are Alliance as your profile shows, find a paladin, become best friends, group up in WPvP, and you are unstoppable, it's one of the few things I don't even think of engaging against.

Priest Discipline
donator Posts: 34
Horde
Priest
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Run Uldaman and get this baby. It'll get you out of any nasty situation.
https://classic.wowhead.com/item=9394/h ... ing-helmet

teebling
Alterac Valley
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 148
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

jodiug wrote:
4 years ago
Run Uldaman and get this baby. It'll get you out of any nasty situation.
https://classic.wowhead.com/item=9394/h ... ing-helmet
Horde only. Alliance can't fight the lost vikings.

And yes, vs. most matchups, especially mages you are just dead as a leveling warrior.

And while consumes and engineering stuff can do alot for you, I don't really call them a solution if you get jumped. Just hang in there or level by doing mostly dungeons.

Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 344
Alliance
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

This. ^^^

Also, pick up engineering so you can stun them from range with https://classic.wowhead.com/item=4390/iron-grenade.

Not sure how effective this is in Classic w/ 1.12 dataset (it may or may not have been nerfed) but Swifty used https://classic.wowhead.com/item=4984/s ... icRedirect back in Vanilla to break CC and rock other classes in duels even in situations when a Warrior would be SOL.

Felwood
EU Razorgore
donator Posts: 80
Tauren
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Bring FAPs and hope the Mage doesn't have enough brains to sheep you when you pop one.

Loch modan
EU Razorgore
donator Posts: 188
Dwarf
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I wouldnt bother with using consumables against mages for now. You will lose most fights regardless only to burn gold on top of that.

Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

The obvious answer is consumes. The reality is that this can be HIS counter as well, and if two equally skilled players are both optimizing and consuming, the warrior loses. You lose most times as a warrior in 1v1 circumstances. You arent designed for 1v1 situations. You are playing the most dependent class in the game. Conversely you synergize incredibly well with a healer and can easily pull of easy 2 vs X upsets once your gear reaches a certain threshold and you are capable of globaling your opponents.

I play a 60 warr in Classic and I am a gnome. The gnome racial helps, but I still stack FAPs. I win most fights against lesser geared and experienced players. When I fight mages who know what they are doing and can abuse leeway properly, my performance is laughable. Also, dumping a FAP on every pvp engagement adds up, so this only works if you have deep pockets.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Loch modan
EU Razorgore
donator Posts: 188
Dwarf
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Is it just me being immature or is anyone else having a laugh reading about FAPs?

Sikeo
Shaman Enhancement
EU Dreadmist
donator Posts: 37
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Samaraner wrote:
4 years ago
Is it just me being immature or is anyone else having a laugh reading about FAPs?
Yea, "Dumping a FAP" gave me a chuckle.

Thanks for all the comments guys, I'll look at picking up some free action pots, but obviously that can get expensive real quick.

As my old Gym teacher used to say - "Suck it up Princess"

Stfuppercut
Felwood
EU Razorgore
donator Posts: 80
Tauren
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Sikeo wrote:
4 years ago
As my old Gym teacher used to say - "Suck it up Princess"
Wait, faps give you a chuckle but now you tell us your gym teacher called you a princess while telling you to suck it up? :p

Redstain FTHforever
Warrior Fury
EU Noggenfogger
donator Posts: 6
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

If the mage is bad you can whoop them but it's a hard life being a warrior.

Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 289
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Tbh you are also rarely going to win fights that you aren't starting no matter what the class matchup is, unless you severely outplay the other guy. This is one of the things that makes huntards powerful in wpvp, running the spy addon in combination with humanoid tracking means you should be the one starting the vast majority of fights. It's the same reason stealth is such a powerful ability for wpvp. Getting the first strike is a huge advantage in wpvp, especially when getting that first strike means you are engaging an enemy who is already fighting mobs, is oom, is at 50% etc. Do yourself a favor and start all your fights yourself.

Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Durotar
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 19
Troll
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

As a "still" leveling warrior, i try to avoid wPvP by not attacking players, if i am lucky they dont engage either. But now i am 45, and its a 50-50 chance. Meaning, half of the time ppl just attack me, and since i am a chunk of meat coverd in armor, i die pretty much all of those fights.
Now, its been 3 days, i just attack who ever i come accross. so odds are %100 fighting if i find a player in opposite faction. and i won half of those.
Conclusion; in both cases i have a 50-50 chance to survive, by attacking first, i get to skill my PvP abilities.

The worst part is the fights that starts w/o i see any attackers or i am on a mob.
Those are the fights u can kiss that cruel world goodbye, and do sume rude gestures before u die :)

No. I'm not TROLLING...
Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 289
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Iniustus wrote:
4 years ago
The worst part is the fights that starts w/o i see any attackers or i am on a mob.
Those are the fights u can kiss that cruel world goodbye, and do sume rude gestures before u die :)
I do enjoy sending my pet in to solo questing warriors. He needs the self esteem boosts.

Iniustus
Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Tirisfal Glades
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 301
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

1v1, against equally geared casters you are pretty much as good as dead. Even if you get the drop on them (unless they are fighting mobs or at low HP).

My main is a 60 warrior, and this is why I'm leveling a hunter now. I like being able to do something in world pvp and not rely solely on others. If I had a buddy to duo I would for sure go warrior+priest, but that's just a pipe dream right now.

<Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats> | Arugal Horde