Loch modan
EU Judgement
donator Posts: 33
Dwarf
Priest
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

This is a question for our more experienced players.
I have a dilemma about stats which is starting to make it hard for me to decide on which items to wear.

Starting to run into items with MP5 and bonus healing more and more.
In particular, as a priest, I would like a comparison such as how much is X amount of spirit is worth over X amount of mp5.
So how much spirit is 1mp5 worth, as well as bonus healing/damage?

Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Seebus did a good write up on stats priorities for Holy Priests over here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1168#stats

Hope that answers some of your questions about mp5 etc

Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
4 years ago
Seebus did a good write up on stats priorities for Holy Priests...
As the guide mentions: + Healing > Spirit > Mp5

However, I'd be careful with the guide. From the guide "Renew sucks but you should still have it on your bars. It does have its uses in places like dungeons and when you need a cast while moving. Use max rank only." Renew is your bread and butter for padding meters in a raid. Having the highest +healing out of all the priests means your renew will land and they will not be able to override it as your +healing is better and thus you will control the priority. Assuming you are in a good guild, you should have healing assignments and there shouldn't be too much sniping. Rolling a renew on key targets because YOU have the highest +healing, while also keeping your targets up, will keep you at #1 for heals. This is the secret to looking like a monster on the meters as a priest.

Your stat weights change a bit depending on the fight and the guild, but even casual guilds should be smashing bosses quickly for the first few phases and regen stats wont be as relevant for progressive PvE content.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Loch modan
EU Judgement
Dwarf
Priest
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
4 years ago
Seebus did a good write up on stats priorities for Holy Priests over here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1168#stats

Hope that answers some of your questions about mp5 etc
Thanks for the link.

However I was hoping for a more direct explanation.
I know the priority of the stats but there comes a point where an item that has, for example, +5 Healing, is worse than an item with +20 spirit that can replace it.

What I wanted to know, is what is the threshold of comparison between +Healing/Spirit/MP5, so I know when it's ok to replace an item with X amount of spirit when the other item has Y +Healing

Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Foohy wrote:
4 years ago
What I wanted to know, is what is the threshold of comparison between +Healing/Spirit/MP5, so I know when it's ok to replace an item with X amount of spirit when the other item has Y +Healing
You will never get that, because its situational. If your guild is killing bosses before you oom, mp5/spirit or regen in general is useless. You will need to assess YOUR needs for YOUR raid team based on where their current progression is.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Loch modan
EU Judgement
Dwarf
Priest
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago
You will never get that, because its situational. If your guild is killing bosses before you oom, mp5/spirit or regen in general is useless. You will need to assess YOUR needs for YOUR raid team based on where their current progression is.
Not sure if it's relevant, but I'm not raiding yet, I'm level 47 atm and just have a few options of weapons to pick from with varied healing stats.

Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Having mana is usually the best outcome in dungeons. If you are oom before the end of a pull, you will likely wipe. Prioritise spirit and mp5. I've always been a proponent of mp5 over spirit because then you can chain cast downranked heals to keep your party members topped up.

Honestly though I'm speaking from vanilla experience, so I'm not sure if the private scene changed this opinion. I didn't heal a lot in the private scene.

Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Foohy wrote:
4 years ago
Not sure if it's relevant, but I'm not raiding yet, I'm level 47 atm and just have a few options of weapons to pick from with varied healing stats.
Just wear whatever you get the highest stat line out of. Youre leveling, its not like youre going to have a huge pile of gear to choose from. Generally speaking, put on whatever has the most stats (highest value) and keep around a few +healing pieces for dungeons. If we're being honest, you could be a shadow priest in full shadow gear and heal dungeons pretty easily.

As a leveling priest you will probably prio spirit tap regardless of your spec, so spirit is always valuable but if you have another piece drop and youre trading 3 spirit for 10 intellect, obviously take the intellect. You cant really mess up when youre leveling and you wont need a well developed healing set to competently heal anything pre raid.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago