Warrior Fury
EU Nethergarde Keep
donator Posts: 12
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I'm level 23, orc warrior.

I really don't understand how so many are level 60, and i play probably 2 hours a night during week days

I must be doing something wrong lols

Durotar
EU Skullflame
donator Posts: 16
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

if you are 30+ years old, have kids and and a full-time job and are allready 60 then there are two possibilites:

• look again, you aren't 60 yet
  • you only sleep 3 hours a night and play while everyone else is asleep and you keep telling yourself you are fine while your body feels like demons are devouring your soul

im lvl 19 and after 22:00 i feel like point 2

bunkbed209
FROST SHOCK!
Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 289
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Aldulting sucks sometimes.

bunkbed209 Wavee
Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Arathi Basin
EU Ten Storms
donator Posts: 253
Alliance
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

You can't do something wrong as long as you are enjoying it. However if you play 2 hours a day it does feel a bit slow, even if you are "taking it all in".

Did you start recently or at classic launch?

I play maybe 4 hours in one whole week and I got a lvl 38, 32, 28 and 14. (And I got professions maxed with my level including First aid, fishing and cooking) and really taking it slow.

bunkbed209
Altaholic playing the following:
Ten Storms EU Alliance
Finnigan - Dwarf Hunter Lvl 30
Portalmaster - Gnome Mage Lvl 19
Shaelur - Dwarf Paladin Lvl 22
Shaelus - Night Elf Druid Lvl 50
EU Gandling
donator Posts: 88
Tauren
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Got to 60 last night. 11 days /played. There are loads of 60s, yeah. My guild already runs 40-man raids with all-60s (when they started a few of us were 56+).

If you really want to level up fast even on 2 hours get some addons and a leveling guide.

bunkbed209
Warrior Fury
EU Nethergarde Keep
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I'm following a leveling guide and i suppose im doing it well if im not dying and leveling nearly each time i logon

I suppose it may be the class im playing too, but i don;t mind, im really enjoying it

Stranglethorn Vale
donator Posts: 43
Human
Mage
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I'm probably the last of my friends to hit 60. 53 at the moment. I'm 25.

I just enjoy going to the gym after work more than playing a ton. When I come home I play for about an hour or two and then go to bed, unless the queues kill me (I'm on Gehennas EU).

bunkbed209 Hinien
Darnassus
donator Posts: 57
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Just play the game lol

Escalotes

[ Golemagg | Alliance | Hunter | Lucas ]
Rogue Combat
donator Posts: 147
Undead
Rogue
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Many people play more than 2 hours everyday so there's your answer.

Hazen
Undercity
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 5
Undead
Mage
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I am level 56 with every profession at level 260 (secondary as well) min and i am playing from the launch. I'm 25 and i have a full time job, so my free time is 3-4 hours a day which is not bad :) Total time played - 11 days and 8 hours.

Be yourself, no matter what they say!
Hunter Survival
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 41
Dwarf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I just transferred from queuennas. Queues getting worst every day..

disco
Shaman Enhancement
donator Posts: 375
Troll
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I dunno. I hit level 37 pretty quick a long time ago, and I'm 43 right now, maybe getting a level per week the last month. Just not had the time.

Gensei - Shaman, Bloodsail Buccaneers
Rogue Combat
donator Posts: 8
Alliance
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Some people have more time then others at the end of the day. What I do is every time I get the chance to log on I make sure I level once. That’s the best I can do, work and family is more important the games not going anywhere. Just enjoy the game don’t worry about others.

Paladin Holy
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 109
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I am 35, have my own company and had planned ahead about 6 months to leave me with two entirely undisturbed weeks for leveling. In general, I sleep fairly little (which is bad) and i have a fair bit of stand by time where I am paid to be on retainer, so there is a lot of time to divert to gaming and to misc projects. I dont feel that I really rushed it too much, I quested a lot, did dungeon quest clears and had my professions with me all the way from day 1.

I am however turning things down, because I know that I am spending too much time on this, and i should really balance it better - but luckily I am quite close to have all my pre-raid bis gear in order, so I can soon switch to a more "light" version of playing (e.g. grinding reps, farming, helping people etc)

Stfuppercut
- Xcellers
|Paladin|Firemaw EU-PVP|
Mk. Ultra - Comprehensive Guild Management Spreadsheet
A comprehensive tool for guild managers maintaining rosters & loot distribution in LC based guilds

Vault of the Silverhands, A Gear Primer for Holy Paladins
A progressive and customisable item, enchant and buff overview for Holy Paladins

Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Priorities and time management. I'm fortunate enough to have a job that allowed me to take off a significant period of time and I generally have a lot of free time by design. I prioritized WoW for the first month and it was totally worth it for me. Now I have a raid team that works with my schedule going forward and I just have to upkeep my character(s). WoW is one of my hobbies.

I have a friend with two young kids, he works in the oilfield and hes constantly in and out of town. He prioritizes family (rightfully so) and can only log in for a few hours here and there, usually late at night in a hotel room while hes working out of town. Hes almost level 50. His life restricts his play a bit more than mine, but we're both going to be able to find 2 hours per week to raid together once he reaches the finish line. Classic will be around for awhile, play it at whatever pace suits your needs.

g0bledyg00k wrote: ↑
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
donator Posts: 151
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

bunkbed209 wrote: ↑
4 years ago
I'm level 23, orc warrior.

I really don't understand how so many are level 60, and i play probably 2 hours a night during week days

I must be doing something wrong lols
No, you are doing it right. Those folks that speed level through to 60 are missing a lot of the game and experience. But, to each his own.

Warrior Fury
EU Nethergarde Keep
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

thanks for your responses guys, interesting so see so many backgrounds, bar some asshat comments

Felwood
donator Posts: 185
Gnome
Mage
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I should be level 60 on one or even both of my toons by now but the joke of a launch at beginning hit me very hard and probably left me exhausted playing WoW.

I have played Classic WoW already and I just can't play it as hardcore like I used to.

Also all these mage XP farms are cancer

| Kazumi[33] - Frost Mage, Wetpaint[49] - Prot Warrior | Golemagg PVP|
EU Mirage Raceway
donator Posts: 4
Horde
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I'm level 60 and my guild has cleared all content available. The secret? Played like 12-16 hours a day. It's way less now, I got lucky and barely had to do anything the weeks after launch.

I also followed a leveling guide. That helped, because I actually suck at leveling.

US Smolderweb
donator Posts: 5
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

It's all about the planning and route you take too. :)

Tirisfal Glades
donator Posts: 54
Undead
Mage
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Just hit 60 not too long ago myself. 13 Days played total (lots of AFK too and AH life for mount). I mostly relied on addons, and a questing walk-through.

There's a handful of variables that makes a leveling experience quicker for some and painful for others.

• RNG - Quest items that have low drop chance, but drop first for others
  • Gearing - Some can power through caves with barely a scratch, while others are wincing at the idea of two mobs hitting them.
  • Talents - are you optimized for damage or do you have utilities at your disposal? Less time eating/drinking is more time gaining XP
  • Pathing - are you flying or running back to town a lot?
Many are well acquainted with World of Warcraft and it's nuances. Everyone was a noob at one time (heck some still are) and that's okay. The coolest thing about WoW is after 10+ years I'm still getting better.

Wavee
Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 344
Alliance
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I'm still 51, went to Italy with the wife for a week so had to put WoW on pause. :mrgreen: Now it's time to continue the journey to 60.

Mulgore
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 83
Tauren
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Genuine mid-30s adult here. Here are my key factors:
- I have four day weekends every week from my job.
- I took two days off work the first week of classic, giving me six solid days to get ahead of the curve.
- Two weeks later, I was in a car accident giving me another week off...which resulted in me working 4.5 days and being off for 15.
- Not married.
- No kids.
- No life.
- No soul.
- Plz send help.

:D

Spiflicate Saltybob