EU Mograine
donator Posts: 5
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Greetings.

Is stoneform really cruical in pvp as a holy paladin ? Does it turn pala gameplay on next level or humans can work around ?
I would really like to know, how does it turn pvp for paladins (is it like having wotf on rogue or just slightly beter compare to human) ?
As it seems, perception is pretty sotuational, especially since paladins do not really have some range engagement except grenades or eng tools.

Thanks!

Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Think you should take a look at this: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1046

Loch modan
EU Razorgore
donator Posts: 188
Dwarf
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Some very simple decisionmaking:

1. Can the class be a dwarf?
Yes: Go dwarf
No: Pick a different class. Repeat step 1.

EU Mograine
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
4 years ago
Think you should take a look at this: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1046
I've seen that tool.

Mostly concearned about ingame situations.
Also seen many good human paladins performing well in pvp as holy.
Question is - is dwarf racial trully gamebreaking or it just makes life easier.

EU Gandling
donator Posts: 88
Tauren
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Just makes life easier.

Hunter Survival
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 41
Dwarf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

The situation when dwarf racial really matters is againts rogues: you can break out of blind with stoneform.
If you're heavily interested in PvP, I'd chose dwarf.

EU Mograine
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Hinien wrote:
4 years ago
The situation when dwarf racial really matters is againts rogues: you can break out of blind with stoneform.
If you're heavily interested in PvP, I'd chose dwarf.
Yeah, being blinded in BOP is uff.
Very sad that i have to stick with a midget.

Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 289
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

There is no racial that is game breaking imo. Is dwarf better for pvp? Absolutely. Is it required to perform well? Absolutely not. It defeats one ability from one class. If you want to mold your whole experience around covering one 5 min cd from one class out of the 10 you will be encountering, you can, but just be ready to smash your keyboard when you stoneform out of blind and then get immediately sheeped or feared by the rogues buddy.

Hinien Tamm
Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Hunter Survival
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 41
Dwarf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Telvaine wrote:
4 years ago
Is it required to perform well? Absolutely not.
This

US Herod
donator Posts: 2
Orc
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Gnomes and Dwarfs seem to be the masterraces of the Alliance.

EU Mograine
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Telvaine wrote:
4 years ago
If you want to mold your whole experience around covering one 5 min cd from one class out of the 10 you will be encountering, you can,
I feel its more like being immune to poisons for 8 seconds, so immune to all these wound/mind nimbung poisons rogue applies to you 24/7 and hardly being cleansed. Well, maybe here i should open a question why should i try to cast under a rogue >.>

Druid Feral
US Incendius
donator Posts: 163
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Dwardf Paladins do get a pretty nice advantage in pvp, but it's pretty situational at best, but still shouldn't be overlooked.

For instance, you're in a BG or even engaging in some WPvP with you and say.. a mage or hunter or something. A rogue would be an idiot to open up on a paladin instead of the other person. So, what the rogue should and probably would do is blind the paladin, or otherwise disorient them in some way so they are out of the fight and then delete the other person. However, this tactic won't work because you can stoneform right out of that blind. That's about as situational as it gets.

Correct me if I'm wrong anyone here, but I'm fairly certain that is where it stops and starts.

Hinien
Horde | Druid | Incendius | Cowligula
EU Mograine
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Justbe wrote:
4 years ago
Dwardf Paladins do get a pretty nice advantage in pvp, but it's pretty situational at best, but still shouldn't be overlooked.
For instance, you're in a BG or even engaging in some WPvP with you and say.. a mage or hunter or something. A rogue would be an idiot to open up on a paladin instead of the other person. So, what the rogue should and probably would do is blind the paladin, or otherwise disorient them in some way so they are out of the fight and then delete the other person. However, this tactic won't work because you can stoneform right out of that blind. That's about as situational as it gets.
Correct me if I'm wrong anyone here, but I'm fairly certain that is where it stops and starts.
In this prtcular situation bubble to go.
Stoneform looks like an additional bubble against rogue controlls to save paladin's main ohno ability.

Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 289
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Tamm wrote:
4 years ago
Justbe wrote:
4 years ago
In this prtcular situation bubble to go.
Stoneform looks like an additional bubble against rogue controlls to save paladin's main ohno ability.
This is correct. Which brings us back to my earlier point, do you want to stare at a dwarf for the entirety of your play time in order to have an additional oh no ability vs one of the ten available classes? I don't, but if you do that's the decision you need to make.

Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Shaman Enhancement
donator Posts: 375
Troll
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I always advocate picking for looks/animations.

Racials in this game are pretty weak compared to most rpgs or even MMO rpgs. Any time I've ever tried to level a class that had this specific "optimal" race, I was just unable to care about it.

Gensei - Shaman, Bloodsail Buccaneers