Rogue Combat
donator Posts: 8
Alliance
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Does anyone know of a addon that will show you everything a mat can be used for?

Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 289
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I funding know of one but I'll bump you because I would very much like to have this addon, it would be extremely useful to those of us who haven't spent years on private memorizing all of the most useful obscure materials. It would be very nice to know if a random white item I've been vendoring is worth something.

Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Rogue Combat
Alliance
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

That's exactly why I'm asking.

Shaman Enhancement
EU Dreadmist
donator Posts: 37
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Interesting idea.

What sort of thing would you want something like this to do? I imagine it could clutter up tooltips pretty quickly, so some kind of window to open and have some basic search functionality?

Is there really any need for that in game though, when you can search for the item on wowhead and it will tell you what all its uses are.

Burning Steppes
donator Posts: 54
Alliance
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Itemtooltipprofessionicons is an add-on that displays what professions use a given item. It just displays the icon of the tradeskill, or an ! if it's used in a quest. Doesn't show you the recipes, but it's mildly useful.

Boogahla
Rogue Combat
Alliance
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Sikeo wrote:
4 years ago
Interesting idea.

What sort of thing would you want something like this to do? I imagine it could clutter up tooltips pretty quickly, so some kind of window to open and have some basic search functionality?

Is there really any need for that in game though, when you can search for the item on wowhead and it will tell you what all its uses are.
Yes I agree that it should not be in the tooltip but in its own window you could open and close. It would be nice if you could just drag and drop the item you want info on also search it if you don't have one.

Rogue Combat
Alliance
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Zanthir wrote:
4 years ago
Itemtooltipprofessionicons is an add-on that displays what professions use a given item. It just displays the icon of the tradeskill, or an ! if it's used in a quest. Doesn't show you the recipes, but it's mildly useful.
This works for me pretty much what I was looking for, could be more in depth but its enough to satisfy my needs. Thankyou

Loch modan
EU Razorgore
donator Posts: 188
Dwarf
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

If you want to know if an item is worth a signigificant amount of gold, an addon TSM or Auctioneer are kinda mandatory unless you have a very deep understanding of the classic economy. Because simply knowing that an item can be used for recipe xyz wont tell you anything about its usefulness or market value.

Rogue Combat
Alliance
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Samaraner wrote:
4 years ago
If you want to know if an item is worth a signigificant amount of gold, an addon TSM or Auctioneer are kinda mandatory unless you have a very deep understanding of the classic economy. Because simply knowing that an item can be used for recipe xyz wont tell you anything about its usefulness or market value.
I have and use TSM, I'm not in need of knowing an items market value only what can be used for to further my knowledge of the items I pick up. Also what I am trying to accomplish with the information is my concern, the addon Zanthir posted is not exactly what I'm looking for but its a start.

Shaman Enhancement
EU Dreadmist
donator Posts: 37
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I've been looking for an addon idea to jump on. This might be it.

Boogahla
Loch modan
EU Razorgore
donator Posts: 188
Dwarf
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Sikeo wrote:
4 years ago
I've been looking for an addon idea to jump on. This might be it.
If youre using the atlasloot database its probably done within an hour or two.

Boogahla
Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 289
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

After a bit of testing stuff out, TSM4 seems to be the closest thing to what I was looking for. Has the icon that shows what prof stuff is used for, and has historical value data which is more useful than market value imo.

Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Rogue Combat
Alliance
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Telvaine wrote:
4 years ago
After a bit of testing stuff out, TSM4 seems to be the closest thing to what I was looking for. Has the icon that shows what prof stuff is used for, and has historical value data which is more useful than market value imo.
Where is the setting to make it show the proff icon in the tooltip?