Arathi Basin
EU Ten Storms
donator Posts: 253
Alliance
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

So last night in between laundry I was able to play because my son fell asleep early (In a powerful orc voice: VICTORY!).

I hit 38 with my Shaman since I had a bunch of rested XP. Sick and tired of enhancement I went to buy new skills and respecced to
Elemental and bought myself some cheap Int+Sta gear on AH just to get a bigger Mana pool. I had previously saved a dagger and
shield in my bank for when I hit 40 (usable at 37) so I equipped this and head back to STV.

Yesterday was insane in STV, Horde VS Alliance everywhere. Chat going crazy on calling out locations of alliance. Several gank
squads running around from both factions. It was really amazing. However I did not participate in this slaughter because I'm grinding
the last two levels on Basilisks in hopes of getting my mount at 40 or close to it.

I didn't even get to kill a single basilisk because there were alliance everywhere so I thought what the hell, let's gank some alliance.

And boy did I get my ass whooped. I couldn't for the love of lord jesus himself kill a single alliance. I think I lost about 15-18 1v1s
and half of them were me sneaking up on people. (I didn't get frustrated because I love PvP, and when I lose I try to improve and
think back on what went wrong). I couldn't really see anything wrong with how I played. When I engaged I loaded LBs up their ass
following up with Chain Lightnings and Earth Shocks. But then it stopped. As soon as I got up close vs melees I was dead.

So after about 2-3hrs of my ass getting whooped I noticed I had not trained my dagger skill (CURSE YOU DAMN RETAIL). So as soon as someone went up melee, I did 0 damage, since hardcasting vs rogues for instance would make a normal 2s LB be a 12 minute cast.

My dagger skill is now 190/190. The slaughter of FILTHY alliance shall begin! I will kill every alliance I see or die trying, mark my words. LOK'TAR OGAR!

Hinien Wavee Aoth
Altaholic playing the following:
Ten Storms EU Alliance
Finnigan - Dwarf Hunter Lvl 30
Portalmaster - Gnome Mage Lvl 19
Shaelur - Dwarf Paladin Lvl 22
Shaelus - Night Elf Druid Lvl 50
Hunter Survival
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 41
Dwarf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Have you got earthbind totem yet?
I guess that to make it work you need Improved Ghost wolf and Earthbind Totem.
Try to keep distance from rogue/warriors,earthbind totem and frost shocks to slow and ghost wolf to increase to a safe distance to get one or two casts, Do not forget you can also heal and make the duel a war of attrition, if you feel your mana pool is big enought to sustain it. Use downranked frost shocks if it's needed.

Take this with a pinch of salt. Never used elemental shaman.

Erik
Arathi Basin
EU Ten Storms
donator Posts: 253
Alliance
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Hinien wrote:
4 years ago
Have you got earthbind totem yet?
I guess that to make it work you need Improved Ghost wolf and Earthbind Totem.
Try to keep distance from rogue/warriors,earthbind totem and frost shocks to slow and ghost wolf to increase to a safe distance to get one or two casts, Do not forget you can also heal and make the duel a war of attrition, if you feel your mana pool is big enought to sustain it. Use downranked frost shocks if it's needed.

Take this with a pinch of salt. Never used elemental shaman.
I always have a earthbind totem down, and I kite warriors to the best of my ability inside of charge deadzone. Vs rogues I usually flame shock to keep them from vanishing and reopening. Ghost wolf is 3 sec cast as you say in enhancement so this is no option as elemental.

I'm doing everything by the book and most of those duels would have been fine, the problem was my dagger skill that was 1.

Altaholic playing the following:
Ten Storms EU Alliance
Finnigan - Dwarf Hunter Lvl 30
Portalmaster - Gnome Mage Lvl 19
Shaelur - Dwarf Paladin Lvl 22
Shaelus - Night Elf Druid Lvl 50
Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 289
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Good to hear our boys are keeping the savages in check!

Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US