Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 289
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

...and holy shit is it too far gone.

Not only is was it a LOT more empty than I expected, but as it turns out they have more or less taken every aspect I ever hated about WoW and amplified it. I watched a little of the new content rollout video and was just horrified. I thought to give it a try very briefly, because there are two things not in classic that are in retail that I love: DK's and arena. But man, literally 30 seconds was enough for me to decide "well, this was a horrible idea".

Thank god we have classic. Three cheers thinking that we did!

Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Silverpine Forest
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 124
Undead
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

yeah man i love DK's as well, such a nice class to play but feels totally different now. i'd logged over to retail a bit between name res day and launch, just to try look around a bit and felt so damn lost like i didn't even know how to play that game anymore

Durotar
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 19
Troll
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Off-topic: I hate DK's..
imho its not a class, its a superior class that changes the class system.
I like the old fashioned tank-heal-dps type.
DK's can do whatever they want..

No. I'm not TROLLING...
Badlands
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 367
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Iniustus wrote:
4 years ago
I am lukewarm towards dk but what do you mean by: "I like the old fashioned tank-heal-dps type."

Image    Image    Image
Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Iniustus wrote:
4 years ago
Not sure what you mean by this, since DK's can only tank or dps. The only time they were really broken was for the first part of wrath, but even taht wasn't THAt bad.

Also, druids and paladins exist in vanilla? Not sure what you're getting at.

Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Durotar
EU Flamelash
Troll
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Maybe i am an old fashioned guy, i like things like they were befor if they are not improving the gameplay. And DK's wasent improving anything. So it was unnecessary addition to the game imho.
And after the first times of Wrath, i quit playing. So i really dont know what did Blizz do to fix "broken" DKs.

Yet this is my opinion. I hate them.
I dont see them as u guys do.
Never played the class, i did some runs with them tho. And they were OP at the time.
U know there is a saying: "if not broken, dont fix it".
So classes were ok, we didnt need an extra "class". We had one, and that ruined the game for me..

No. I'm not TROLLING...
Mulgore
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 83
Tauren
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

In Vanilla and BC, I played Steerclear the warrior. When Wrath announced DK's, I decided to let Steerclear become Dreadsteer and, to be honest, there hasn't been a class I've ever enjoyed more. Through their strong and weak points, they were always super fun to play. I kinda miss it, but I'm still glad to have to try for threat again.

Loch modan
EU Razorgore
donator Posts: 188
Dwarf
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Iniustus wrote:
4 years ago
Maybe i am an old fashioned guy, i like things like they were befor if they are not improving the gameplay. And DK's wasent improving anything. So it was unnecessary addition to the game imho.
And after the first times of Wrath, i quit playing. So i really dont know what did Blizz do to fix "broken" DKs.

Never played the class, i did some runs with them tho. And they were OP at the time.
So classes were ok, we didnt need an extra "class". We had one, and that ruined the game for me..
I usually try to just keep my thoughts to myself if I dont see them adding something to the topic. But I am physically incapable of not saying that this is one of the dumbest things I have read in a very long time.

Foohy
Mulgore
US Skeram
donator Posts: 18
Horde
Mage
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I literally can't even imagine. Sounds like a nightmare.

Alterac Valley
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 148
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

d3aths wrote:
4 years ago
i'd logged over to retail a bit between name res day and launch, just to try look around a bit and felt so damn lost like i didn't even know how to play that game anymore
This was exactly my reaction as I logged into retail this summer. No skills on bar, big interface changes, weird looking toons. Signed off after 10 minutes.

Stopped playing shortly after WoD released the first raid and I didn't recognize much.

EU Dreadmist
donator Posts: 231
Horde
Durotar
EU Flamelash
Troll
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Samaraner wrote:
4 years ago
Iniustus wrote:
4 years ago

I usually try to just keep my thoughts to myself if I dont see them adding something to the topic. But I am physically incapable of not saying that this is one of the dumbest things I have read in a very long time.
i respect your opinion. :cool:

No. I'm not TROLLING...
Silverpine Forest
donator Posts: 391
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I logged back into retail when Brewfest started, and kept logging in to farm tokens and buy collectibles. I also spammed Coren Direbrew for the mounts, and got one of the two. I haven't been back since Brewfest ended.

Threads I've derailed: 0
Flame wars I've started: 0
Threads I've started that mentioned other posters by name: 0
Accounts I've created for the sole purpose of mocking other posters: 0

My reputation is clean.
donator Posts: 151
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

People beginning to see the light and understand why Classic was brought back for us. Because they screwed the original up and can't fix it. Yet I still see people clammering for them to ad the same crap that killed the game in the first place. Doesn't make sense to me. Every class or race they added through expansions sucked period.

Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Zacheous wrote:
4 years ago
Every class or race they added through expansions sucked period.
I dont know if this is true. I dont hate that they added classes or races, I hate that they made all the classes the same. The main problem for me was when they intentionally switched to "bring the player, not the class" mentality and began to aggressively homogenize all the classes. This made all the new classes bleh... They didnt bring anything new to the table. When they did introduce something new, it was short-lived because they would add the same ability to another class or nerf the new class to blend with the rest... Nothing stood out anymore and nothing really mattered.

In vanilla, you bring the class or spec, not the player. The players who fill those roles feel connected to their role and begin to be recognized for that role within a team. Druids arent a great class in Classic. They arent great healers, they arent the best tanks and boomkins arent a thing in PvE. BUT, because of that, the ONE resto druid you have in your raid, has a really unique and valuable role, as does the ONE feral. These players can provide their teams infinite value. Druids dont need to be "balanced". They are good in their own right, IF used properly and in moderation. This gives players the opportunity to play something incredibly unique within a team atmosphere.

The priest who offers shadow weaving
The fury warrior/hunter/ret/enhance with nightfall
The mage with winters chill
The warlock with improved imp (for tanks)
The feral
The resto druid

And there are so many more. Even though a raid is composed of 40 players, and even though you only have 8 classes per faction, there are tons of opportunities to play something incredibly unique while still providing your team value. The additional classes and races werent inherently bad. My issue isnt with the classes or races they added, rather the change in their core game philosophies that didnt allow them to empower those new classes or races. Those new classes and races never had a chance because they had to be the same... They HAD to be balanced... They were never unique, and if they were, it was short lived. They just added new animations to the same spells and abilities that we had seen before while getting 1-2 of their own flavor abilities that a team could take or leave - they were never necessary.

Telvaine Samaraner Pippina Grozlam
g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Desolace
donator Posts: 52
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Telvaine wrote:
4 years ago
two things not in classic that are in retail that I love: DK's and arena.
I don't really care about arena but I so wanna roll a DK. Honestly, the only reason I hpe they'll release BC and WotLK respectively so that I can roll a DK. Had one back in retail but only used it for farming, now I regret not getting into it more seriously.

I wanna roll a DK how it was in WotLK so bad.

A bat in the hand is worth two in the belfry.
Shaman Enhancement
donator Posts: 375
Troll
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Iniustus wrote:
4 years ago

That's a pretty low threshold for the game being ruined for you. Also I'm pretty sure DK's weren't the most busted class in Wrath. This is a very silly take.

Gensei - Shaman, Bloodsail Buccaneers
Shaman Enhancement
donator Posts: 375
Troll
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

ToriK wrote:
4 years ago
Telvaine wrote:
4 years ago
two things not in classic that are in retail that I love: DK's and arena.
I don't really care about arena but I so wanna roll a DK. Honestly, the only reason I hpe they'll release BC and WotLK respectively so that I can roll a DK. Had one back in retail but only used it for farming, now I regret not getting into it more seriously.

I wanna roll a DK how it was in WotLK so bad.
Not gonna lie, I've never been a huge DK fan, but I was playing a Wrath private server a year ago and Blood DPS was both viable and super fun. Very much enjoyed it.

Gensei - Shaman, Bloodsail Buccaneers
Felwood
donator Posts: 185
Gnome
Mage
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

d3aths wrote:
4 years ago
yeah man i love DK's as well, such a nice class to play but feels totally different now. i'd logged over to retail a bit between name res day and launch, just to try look around a bit and felt so damn lost like i didn't even know how to play that game anymore
I F***ing loved Death knights in Wotlk. They were a powerful and fun class to play. I don't know what happened to the class during legion, they simply aren't the same.

| Kazumi[33] - Frost Mage, Wetpaint[49] - Prot Warrior | Golemagg PVP|
US Smolderweb
donator Posts: 5
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

It has good qualities and I love how massive the world is. It just has a lot of flaws, (Way too many QoL changes) that have made the game feel smaller and less group oriented.

Durotar
EU Flamelash
Troll
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Gensei wrote:
4 years ago
Iniustus wrote:
4 years ago

That's a pretty low threshold for the game being ruined for you. Also I'm pretty sure DK's weren't the most busted class in Wrath. This is a very silly take.
cba to answer.
Respect.

No. I'm not TROLLING...
Rogue Combat
donator Posts: 8
Alliance
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I logged into retail a few days ago and was completely lost had no clue where I was. Looked in my bags and was like wtf is all this crap, at some point in the past I knew everything in my bags and where I was. I was so overwhelmed I just logged out in fear, its to bad because I do miss all the stuff I have.At least when I'm on classic I see the stuff in my bags and I'm like oh yeah that's linen cloth and copper ore duh lol. Maybe some day ill try it again....

Druid Restoration
EU Ashbringer
donator Posts: 38
Horde
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I logged in into retail, the following was what happened:

Created Tauren Paladin, full heirlooms, looking badass and accepting a quest that says I have much to learn...pff, YOU watch and learn, mounted on my motorcycle with a servant to drive me through the land I did 4 quests in under 5 min, mulgore is destroyed, fire everywhere, motorcycles going around everywhere you only hear engine sounds, everything is kill on sight, 1 sec kills no mana no hp, you just kill and go on to the next alive thing, between fire everywhere in mulgore, motorcycles and fully geared taurens walking around you finally say it..

It's a shit fest, I know you could say "oh well take out heirlooms and pre 20 mount and you'll go much slower" you won't, and you see everyone around you looking like lvl80 heros who never say a word and are going 200% speed.

A new player on retail will feel like he came too late for this game.

A shit fest.

Wavee Selexin
Durotar
US Whitemane
Undead
Mage
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

i played a dk since wotlk but by late legion / early bfa i just couldnt go on with how resource starved they are

Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Redstain wrote:
4 years ago
I logged in into retail, the following was what happened:

Created Tauren Paladin, full heirlooms, looking badass and accepting a quest that says I have much to learn...pff, YOU watch and learn, mounted on my motorcycle with a servant to drive me through the land I did 4 quests in under 5 min, mulgore is destroyed, fire everywhere, motorcycles going around everywhere you only hear engine sounds, everything is kill on sight, 1 sec kills no mana no hp, you just kill and go on to the next alive thing, between fire everywhere in mulgore, motorcycles and fully geared taurens walking around you finally say it..

It's a shit fest, I know you could say "oh well take out heirlooms and pre 20 mount and you'll go much slower" you won't, and you see everyone around you looking like lvl80 heros who never say a word and are going 200% speed.

A new player on retail will feel like he came too late for this game.

A shit fest.
I honestly don't know how retail isn't dead yet, because I don't understand how they attract new players. Keeping old players around I get, but can you imagine trying to play wow for the first time right now with everyone who is close to your level being decked in full looms and riding a motorcycle? Idk why anyone would not just quit right there.

For me, the announcement of Vulpera and Mechagnomes as payable races was enough to immediately turn me away once again.

Edit: Also @Redstain I love how post- apocalyptic this sounds, just sums it all up really.

Redstain Wavee
Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US