donator Posts: 12
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

So I dinged 60 not too long ago. I have been doing my weekly Molten Core and Onyxia after farming my BiS from dungeons. I farm gold here and there looking for the occassional upgrade. I am kind of discouraged by the lack of PvP. I am hoping Phase 2 will change this, but I worry it won't last long enough. Battlegrounds aren't really my thing, heck they've been a part of retail for 15 years. I know #NOCHANGES!... but what else could there be at level 60 to make endgame more replayable. I am sure I will level an alt soon, but I feel that there isn't enough to do in the world currently. What reason is there to return to old zones? There is this massive world, but there is little reason to revisit it once you ding 60. I kind of think World PvP should have played a larger role in the game as well.

Eastern Plaguelands
US Faerlina
donator Posts: 369
Horde
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

World PvP will also be much better in phase 2 because of honor.

Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Yes. I have been saying this since before the game was released. The game has very limited content and depending on how long phases last, they may end up losing a ton of their playerbase.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago
Yes. I have been saying this since before the game was released. The game has very limited content and depending on how long phases last, they may end up losing a ton of their playerbase.
The only content we get in Phase 5 and 6 is two raids. Isn't that a concern. The game seems to focused on raids. They only last a few hours a week so who cares.

Teldrassil
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 444
Alliance
Priest
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Me and my guild are taking it slow and doing all sorts of stuff together on the way as well. And were having a lot of fun.

This is what happens if you rush everything. Other thing is that the content should probably be rollef out faster then they planned to.

Erik Pluuf Frosted
Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

MurlocShapeshifter wrote:
4 years ago
The only content we get in Phase 5 and 6 is two raids. Isn't that a concern. The game seems to focused on raids. They only last a few hours a week so who cares.
No. Because in vanilla, old content doesnt become irrelevant. There will always be a justification for guilds to repeat old content. For example, a Naxx guild will still do MC to sell items to new players, to collect nexus crystals for their enchants, to build Windfury or even to get some BiS pieces like onslaught girdle. Content in Vanilla never becomes irrelevant. So just because the later phases may only introduce a small amount of content, they dont invalidate the old content in the process.

What we dont want to happen is for the casual audience to dictate the pacing of the game. Blizz just announced Dire Maul, which is appropriate. I would say the median level of users who play regularly is around level 50-60 at this point. Blizz seems to be accommodating the average player and is not focusing on the casuals which is perfect. The content will be there for casuals, they are not missing anything. But the average players and the hardcores shouldnt be held back for the casuals. If phases last too long Blizz will bleed their hardcore audience quickly which will have a direct impact on the middle of the pack. The best DPS on your team, your guildmaster, all of those guys; theyre likely hardcore.

ClassicRaids
g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago
No. Because in vanilla, old content doesnt become irrelevant. There will always be a justification for guilds to repeat old content. For example, a Naxx guild will still do MC to sell items to new players, to collect nexus crystals for their enchants, to build Windfury or even to get some BiS pieces like onslaught girdle. Content in Vanilla never becomes irrelevant. So just because the later phases may only introduce a small amount of content, they dont invalidate the old content in the process.

What we dont want to happen is for the casual audience to dictate the pacing of the game. Blizz just announced Dire Maul, which is appropriate. I would say the median level of users who play regularly is around level 50-60 at this point. Blizz seems to be accommodating the average player and is not focusing on the casuals which is perfect. The content will be there for casuals, they are not missing anything. But the average players and the hardcores shouldnt be held back for the casuals. If phases last too long Blizz will bleed their hardcore audience quickly which will have a direct impact on the middle of the pack. The best DPS on your team, your guildmaster, all of those guys; theyre likely hardcore.
Other than level alts, what is there to do in the game right now? Is the honor system really fun enough tto keep interest long?

Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

4 years ago
Other than level alts, what is there to do in the game right now? Is the honor system really fun enough tto keep interest long?
Alts. Diremaul in a few days. And thats it. The PvP system will not satiate the majority of players ESPECIALLY not in phase 2. The quality of PvP in phase 2 will be questionable at best. The quicker the game reaches phase 3, the better for the health of the game. Casuals complain when content gets released too fast, but they are casual, they will slowly meander through the game regardless. The hardcore audience will simply quit if they are not kept busy.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Darnassus
donator Posts: 57
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Logout and do something else? Read a book or go for a walk?

Zacheous

[ Golemagg | Alliance | Hunter | Lucas ]
Badlands
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 367
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

4 years ago
So I dinged 60 not too long ago. I have been doing my weekly Molten Core and Onyxia after farming my BiS from dungeons. I farm gold here and there looking for the occassional upgrade. I am kind of discouraged by the lack of PvP. I am hoping Phase 2 will change this, but I worry it won't last long enough. Battlegrounds aren't really my thing, heck they've been a part of retail for 15 years. I know #NOCHANGES!... but what else could there be at level 60 to make endgame more replayable. I am sure I will level an alt soon, but I feel that there isn't enough to do in the world currently. What reason is there to return to old zones? There is this massive world, but there is little reason to revisit it once you ding 60. I kind of think World PvP should have played a larger role in the game as well.

Yeah, I've said this in the past. At a certain point, most people will end up raid logging with little to nothing else to do afterwards. Thus Blizz will release the phases faster and faster. (they're already doing this...)

Image    Image    Image
Mulgore
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 83
Tauren
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

As a guild leader, I constantly have things to do, so I guess my game is a little different than most. I am not running a hardcore guild, so we're constantly helping lowbies level and eventually gear. And I get plenty of enjoyment out of 5-mans and UBRS, still, with a few items left to pick up for raiding. Doing PUG MC and Ony has been fun, but I'm just ready to get the in-guild thing going.

Leveling an alt is still a good idea now, especially on PVP so you can do it with far fewer interruptions.

Paladin Protection
US Deviate Delight
donator Posts: 167
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Nah, im just enjoying grinding. Done with farming out my pre-bis tank gear now im working on my pre-bis ret gear also leveling another paladin.

Felwood
EU Razorgore
donator Posts: 80
Tauren
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Not even close to bored :D farming gold and Alliance dogs keeps me busy

Saltybob
Loch modan
EU Razorgore
donator Posts: 188
Dwarf
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Trying to cater to people that claim to be bored after rushing through content is one of the biggest mistake Blizz ever made. Thats the reason why retail became such a treadmill. I really hope they wont rush the phases.

4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago
Alts. Diremaul in a few days. And thats it. The PvP system will not satiate the majority of players ESPECIALLY not in phase 2. The quality of PvP in phase 2 will be questionable at best. The quicker the game reaches phase 3, the better for the health of the game. Casuals complain when content gets released too fast, but they are casual, they will slowly meander through the game regardless. The hardcore audience will simply quit if they are not kept busy.
Why Phase 3? Do you think AV and Warsong Gulch will really be that appealing? I guess BWL is being released, but as I said, raid content only lasts a few hours per week.

Alterac Valley
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 148
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

4 years ago
Why Phase 3? Do you think AV and Warsong Gulch will really be that appealing? I guess BWL is being released, but as I said, raid content only lasts a few hours per week.
For me WSG isn't that appealing except for the gear maybe if the leggings are in. AV on the other hand... I love that battleground. The mixture of large and small scale PvP ( tower's and chokepoints) including PVE parts like the final bosses or lieutenants is just awesome in my opinion. Also most classes get something nice there, even if it's just a cheaper epic mount.

BWL is also very interesting and I doubt that it will be on farm as fast as MC, Vaelastrasz and the dumb Doge with a bad breath will see to that...

Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Um, is @MurlocShapeshifter actually @RedridgeGnoll? Something seems fishy, and it isn't his Murloc breath.

Stfuppercut Frosted
Lvl 60
Lvl 35
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

FTHforever wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago
For me WSG isn't that appealing except for the gear maybe if the leggings are in. AV on the other hand... I love that battleground. The mixture of large and small scale PvP ( tower's and chokepoints) including PVE parts like the final bosses or lieutenants is just awesome in my opinion. Also most classes get something nice there, even if it's just a cheaper epic mount.

BWL is also very interesting and I doubt that it will be on farm as fast as MC, Vaelastrasz and the dumb Doge with a bad breath will see to that...
We aren't getting the original Alterac Valley. I am not sure which version we are getting.

Priest Holy
EU Shazzrah
donator Posts: 29
Troll
Priest
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Just got done with farming pre-bis and have a few T1 items (and my T2 helm, YES!).

Currently still farming gold for epic mount, doing some fishing and herbalism, AH stuff, preparing for DM farms with two buddies, grinding for Alchemy recipes, helping guildies gear up, etc. I'm also slowly leveling an Undead Mage alt with the name Magicmike, which I'm more than content with.

Plenty to do if you want to enjoy the game to the fullest.

Nyxt
Saltybob <Senile Chieftains> - Shazzrah PvP (EU)
Priest Discipline
donator Posts: 34
Horde
Priest
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Stop looking at Classic like it's something you need to complete. Look at it like it's something to enjoy, and you'll find fun things to do everywhere in the world.

Hinien
Shaman Enhancement
EU Dreadmist
donator Posts: 37
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

4 years ago

I don't understand what you want from the game then.

1) raids only take a few hours a week, who cares.
2) are battlegrounds really that appealing?

Thats plus wPvP is all the content at 60. If you aren't bothered about raiding or PvP you are going to be bored. You have the added benefit now that you know exactly what all the content is thats coming over the next couple of years. If you're bored now and not looking forward to any of the other content, then maybe, JUST MAYBE, this is not the game for you...

Selexin Hinien
Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Sikeo wrote:
4 years ago
If you're bored now and not looking forward to any of the other content, then maybe, JUST MAYBE, this is not the game for you...
Here is the part where redridge...ugh, sorry, murloc goes on to describe how we can improve world PvP with loot chests and objectives, and also add horizontal PvE progression to help flesh out the content droughts. Not only that, but we will be told how he helped 'develop' vanilla (beta tester?)... we've been down this road quite a few times.

If you don't like classic, there is a very simple and easy solution. Figure it out.

Frosted
Lvl 60
Lvl 35
donator Posts: 151
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Retail is waiting patiently for those of you that don't know how to play Classic and enjoy it. Guess all those speed leveling youtube videos forgot to show you that there is so much more to the game than blasting through to level 60.

Nyxt
Warlock Affliction
US Kirtonos
donator Posts: 363
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Zacheous wrote:
4 years ago
Retail is waiting patiently for those of you that don't know how to play Classic and enjoy it. Guess all those speed leveling youtube videos forgot to show you that there is so much more to the game than blasting through to level 60.
Speed Kills
Saltybob wrote:
4 years ago
Just got done with farming pre-bis and have a few T1 items (and my T2 helm, YES!).

Currently still farming gold for epic mount, doing some fishing and herbalism, AH stuff, preparing for DM farms with two buddies, grinding for Alchemy recipes, helping guildies gear up, etc. I'm also slowly leveling an Undead Mage alt with the name Magicmike, which I'm more than content with.

Plenty to do if you want to enjoy the game to the fullest.
Correct, lots to do if you do more than just level to 60

Hinien
Image Image
Image Image
| Nýxt - Demonology Warlock | Kirtonos PVP | Level 50 | - | Awkaran - Resto Druid | Kirtonos PVP | Level 20 |
| Fatherbatch - Holy Priest | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 | - | Reignmaker - Frost Mage | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 |
Hunter Survival
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 41
Dwarf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Playing classic and not enjoing raiding, world pvp, or Battlegrounds, is like playing FIFA and not liking soccer, or Madden NFL and not liking football..
If you're not into that stuff, there is a lot more to do, but the game is not focused towards that. You got to sort of set your own goals.

Maybe classic is not for you.

Pippina Selexin