Mage Frost
US Thalnos
donator Posts: 132
Alliance
Mage
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Someone kited Volchan, a level 60 elite, from the Burning Steppes to Stormwind & showed him how our auction house is ran. He killed everyone before being taken down, jammed in the doorway trapping all of us to die. It was a lot of fun!

killed by a kited boss by Reverend Chris, on Flickr

teebling Tinyhoof

|About Me| |My WoW Blog|
My battletag is: RevChris#1597
Elwynn Forest
EU Noggenfogger
donator Posts: 15
Alliance
Priest
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

how is this done? When I run away with a mob it just goes back to its spawn after a while?

Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 289
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Unlitcrow wrote:
4 years ago
how is this done? When I run away with a mob it just goes back to its spawn after a while?
You have to keep hitting it periodically to keep it in combat with you.

Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Badlands
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 367
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

We all died in horrible agony with women and children screaming. It was fun :P

Image    Image    Image
Warlock Affliction
US Kirtonos
donator Posts: 363
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Telvaine wrote:
4 years ago
Unlitcrow wrote:
4 years ago
And I only think Hunter's can do this!
Mages could if they can slow them with frostbolt if not they are dead lol

Maybe consumables to allow you to run fast? I guess if your not kiting him that far you could...

Image Image
Image Image
| Nýxt - Demonology Warlock | Kirtonos PVP | Level 50 | - | Awkaran - Resto Druid | Kirtonos PVP | Level 20 |
| Fatherbatch - Holy Priest | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 | - | Reignmaker - Frost Mage | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 |
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Blizzard said that Kazzak couldn't be kited back to Stormwind since they had already fixed that by 1.12, but said that others would still be possible. I guess Volchan is on that list :lol:

Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Nyxt wrote:
4 years ago
Telvaine wrote:
4 years ago
Unlitcrow wrote:
4 years ago
And I only think Hunter's can do this!
Mages could if they can slow them with frostbolt if not they are dead lol

Maybe consumables to allow you to run fast? I guess if your not kiting him that far you could...
I feel like others should be able to. Druids utilizing travel form. Shammy with ghost wolf (does instant cast ghost wolf exist in vanilla?) Possibly paladins with pursuit of justice, haven't played pally enough to know for sure though. If a boss is affected by cc pretty much anyone could do it.

Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Warlock Affliction
US Kirtonos
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Telvaine wrote:
4 years ago
I feel like others should be able to. Druids utilizing travel form. Shammy with ghost wolf (does instant cast ghost wolf exist in vanilla?) Possibly paladins with pursuit of justice, haven't played pally enough to know for sure though. If a boss is affected by cc pretty much anyone could do it.
To be honest I wouldn't like that.
It kinda starts heading towards retail and normalization where everyone can CC and every one can heal and everyone can do this and that.

That's why I enjoyed Vanilla.
It's kinda like real life (far from it but...) where you go to a barber to do your hair, you wouldnt want your mechanic to do your hair....I like that you as a class and/or race and/or professions specialize in things others dont and when you want something like CC, heals, potions, transmutes...etc you know where and whom to go to, not go to anyone.

And this is also what got me into the game because I was clueless about everything.
I read the manual on the classes and I got excited about Priests!
All the classes feel unique and they all bring something different to the table and doesnt have to be for raids/pvp but also stuff out in the world...aka stealth for rogues and hunters kiting boss through the different zones

Image Image
Image Image
| Nýxt - Demonology Warlock | Kirtonos PVP | Level 50 | - | Awkaran - Resto Druid | Kirtonos PVP | Level 20 |
| Fatherbatch - Holy Priest | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 | - | Reignmaker - Frost Mage | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 |
Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Nyxt wrote:
4 years ago
Telvaine wrote:
4 years ago
To be honest I wouldn't like that.
It kinda starts heading towards retail and normalization where everyone can CC and every one can heal and everyone can do this and that.

That's why I enjoyed Vanilla.
It's kinda like real life (far from it but...) where you go to a barber to do your hair, you wouldnt want your mechanic to do your hair....I like that you as a class and/or race and/or professions specialize in things others dont and when you want something like CC, heals, potions, transmutes...etc you know where and whom to go to, not go to anyone.

And this is also what got me into the game because I was clueless about everything.
I read the manual on the classes and I got excited about Priests!
All the classes feel unique and they all bring something different to the table and doesnt have to be for raids/pvp but also stuff out in the world...aka stealth for rogues and hunters kiting boss through the different zones
I think you misunderstood me. I'm saying that all those classes can already kite a boss in vanilla utilizing the abilities I named, which are already present in vanilla. I said "should" because I haven't personally tested most of it myself.

Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Warlock Affliction
US Kirtonos
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Telvaine wrote:
4 years ago
I think you misunderstood me. I'm saying that all those classes can already kite a boss in vanilla utilizing the abilities I named, which are already present in vanilla. I said "should" because I haven't personally tested most of it myself.
Gotcha lol

I don't think ghost form is instant, i think its very short cast though but not enough to jump in and out to keep boss in combat while maintaining the distance, but not 100% sure.
But wouldn't druids run out of mana or resources going in and out of travel form to moonfire the boss, to be able to successfully kite the boss far?
Can't say much about paladin, i dont know them very well.
Also with these bosses its almost 1 hit kill, depending on class

Image Image
Image Image
Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Nyxt wrote:
4 years ago
Telvaine wrote:
4 years ago
Gotcha lol

I don't think ghost form is instant, i think its very short cast though but not enough to jump in and out to keep boss in combat while maintaining the distance, but not 100% sure.
But wouldn't druids run out of mana or resources going in and out of travel form to moonfire the boss, to be able to successfully kite the boss far?
Can't say much about paladin, i dont know them very well.
Also with these bosses its almost 1 hit kill, depending on class
Yeah that's why it was all theoretical. I've never attempted this with any of those classes before but I would think that with consumes and correct talents a lot is possible.

Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Mulgore
US Skeram
donator Posts: 18
Horde
Mage
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Dear lord, it's a massacre.

Arathi Basin
EU Ten Storms
donator Posts: 253
Alliance
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Nyxt wrote:
4 years ago
It's a 3 second cast, can be reduced to 1 second cast in the enhancement tree.

Altaholic playing the following:
Ten Storms EU Alliance
Finnigan - Dwarf Hunter Lvl 30
Portalmaster - Gnome Mage Lvl 19
Shaelur - Dwarf Paladin Lvl 22
Shaelus - Night Elf Druid Lvl 50
Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Erik wrote:
4 years ago
Nyxt wrote:
4 years ago
It's a 3 second cast, can be reduced to 1 second cast in the enhancement tree.
Then, theoretically, you just need to gain enough distance from the boss using ghost wolf to cast an instant debate ability while moving, then do a 1 second cast and regain that distance. Should be doable, since the range on shocks is like 20 yds and I don't think the mobs move 20yds/ second. Definitely doable by druids using moonfire and travel form. Should also be very doable by pally with pursuit of justice and casting judgment.

Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US