EU Ashbringer
donator Posts: 3
Undead
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I was wondering what's the general opinion regarding the usage of Soul Shard bags.

I'm only L30, but I feel like I'd rather have 4x 12slot bags than having a dedicate 20-slot SS bag because of the amount of junk I gather while questing (plus skinning).

On the other hand, my SS management is shameful for any warlock. I hardly ever keep more than 2-3 shards on me.

Anyway, how do my fellow locks roll?

Blasted Lands
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 201
Human
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I almost always use a soul shard bag, the 16 slot one from the lv30 quest. I have heard people suggestion that you can keep a full soul shard bag in your bank, so you can switch it up if you are out for grinding sessions / gold farming :)

I always keep atleast 10 shards on me, for handing out healthstones for people that need them

Stfuppercut
EU - Firemaw
Alliance Warlock
EU Ashbringer
donator Posts: 3
Undead
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I never thought of keeping a full SS bag in the bank. That's surely a handy tip - thanks!

Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

As @ShamelessEU said above, I run 2 SS bags. 1 on my person, and 1 in my bank when playing a warlock. I often use a macro that drains soul + deletes a shard so that my shards dont spill over into additional bags on my person. The exception to this is preraid, where I would often bring a full SS bag as well as 1-2 additional bags full of shards.

Granted, I main a warrior who totes around a full bag of tanking gear most of the time, and my other character is a hunter with a quiver. So I'm used to being down a bag.

ShamelessEU
g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Silverpine Forest
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 124
Undead
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I think while youre still levelling its not as important to keep a ton of soul shards as when youre max level. because youre only using them for healthstones/soulstones/resummoning therefore its better to keep the bagspace for questing since they get full so fast. but definitely Shameless' tip for keeping the full bag in your bank is handy.

Arathi Basin
EU Ten Storms
donator Posts: 253
Alliance
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I always have a designated bag to what ever I'm doing (SS bag, Herb bag etc) because I just like how it sorts them in the bag so they aren't all around mixed with quest items and trash. (Convenient and I like a clean bag)

Altaholic playing the following:
Ten Storms EU Alliance
Finnigan - Dwarf Hunter Lvl 30
Portalmaster - Gnome Mage Lvl 19
Shaelur - Dwarf Paladin Lvl 22
Shaelus - Night Elf Druid Lvl 50
Deleted User 2577
donator Posts:
Deleted User 2577
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Yay.

I try to keep a lot soulshards on me sometimes, especially for pvp. Keep as many as you can on yourself too. Stay versatile with your spells and abilities.

Warlock Affliction
US Kirtonos
donator Posts: 363
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I say Yay as well.
I only played a Warlock in Legion where you know soul shards are not in our bags.
The biggest bag is 18 slot which I think all likelihood I will have all 16 slots, having like a 24 or 28 slot shards will be amazing!

I hate how i made shards and they scatter in my bags when a slot is available but when i got my first soul shard bag it, the shards filled up in there first before going into the other bags, which i like because i am OCD with my bag space lol. I would create shards and manually move them to the last bag space on the left now whit this bag i dont need to!

Also i know the idea like you are saying only carry a few which opens up more bag space but having plenty of shards is very handy when handing out healthstones and summoning! And mentioned above, is very handy in PVP when you dont think about whether you have a shard available when getting attacked! Wait till you go or try out destruction, you will go through them like hot cakes!

But while leveling I can see not holding alot because only doing dungeons you really go through that many...but I feel farming them now to get used to it once i hit 60 and will need to keep plenty on me!

Image Image
Image Image
| Nýxt - Demonology Warlock | Kirtonos PVP | Level 50 | - | Awkaran - Resto Druid | Kirtonos PVP | Level 20 |
| Fatherbatch - Holy Priest | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 | - | Reignmaker - Frost Mage | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 |