Winterspring
donator Posts: 26
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Hi all,

We've all heard of the announcement of P2 arriving, end of this year. So I was just thinking, is there any materials/items that you think will increase significantly in value with the release of P2?

For example, if I understood it correct, Hide of the Wild will be available from P2 so I expect those materials will increase.

"You can just hang outside in the sun all day, tossing a ball around...
Or you could sit at your computer and do something that matters."
- Eric Cartman
Warlock Affliction
US Kirtonos
donator Posts: 363
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

As a Warlock, when Dire Maul hits, we will be able to do our epic mount quest and there are numerous mats that we need to collect.
I would say that would go up in price...?

Not sure if there is anything else in Dire Maul that we need to run DM....
Librams?

Image Image
Image Image
| Nýxt - Demonology Warlock | Kirtonos PVP | Level 50 | - | Awkaran - Resto Druid | Kirtonos PVP | Level 20 |
| Fatherbatch - Holy Priest | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 | - | Reignmaker - Frost Mage | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 |
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

The release of Dire Maul, and whether or not Blizz will break certain farming methods, may decrease the value of certain items. This is a big hint. I dont see any mats inherently increasing in value with phase 2, because phase 2 doesnt really introduce any new content? Layers should be gone, world PvP will be grinded for honor, so I could see a subtle adjustment in consume prices and pvp consume usage. Phase 2 doesnt really introduce anything substantial. We will continue to see a steady decline in the value of raid mats as more people enter the raid scene, we may see a change in items like devilsaur leather or black lotus once they remove layering. This would continue the current market trends we have seen with these rare commodities as layers have been squished so I could see the removal of layering increasing their worth a bit more.

Zaycho
g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Badlands
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 367
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Nyxt wrote:
4 years ago
As a Warlock, when Dire Maul hits, we will be able to do our epic mount quest and there are numerous mats that we need to collect.

Librams?
Maybe it's just me but I don't see a big need for a faster mount.

fendor
Image    Image    Image
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Caperfin wrote:
4 years ago
It just you. It was low prio for me during phase 1. I got it, but after I had gotten everything else. Once layers are gone and people are farming honor, it will increase in value in phase 2. When BG's are released it will become even more valuable during phase 3.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Mulgore
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 83
Tauren
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago
Caperfin wrote:
4 years ago
It just you. It was low prio for me during phase 1. I got it, but after I had gotten everything else. Once layers are gone and people are farming honor, it will increase in value in phase 2. When BG's are released it will become even more valuable during phase 3.
Pfft. Mount? I RP-walk everywhere I go in the world. I WISH someone would start a fight with me.

Protection warriors are the most feared combatants in PVP. Right? Guys?

Stfuppercut Selexin Cram Pippina
EU Dreadmist
donator Posts: 231
Horde
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago
The release of Dire Maul, and whether or not Blizz will break certain farming methods, may decrease the value of certain items.
Are there any farming methods that are considered exploits? I thought farming DM was just clever pulls and AoE.

Mulgore
donator Posts: 45
Tauren
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Relik wrote:
4 years ago
Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago
The release of Dire Maul, and whether or not Blizz will break certain farming methods, may decrease the value of certain items.
Are there any farming methods that are considered exploits? I thought farming DM was just clever pulls and AoE.
No, DM farming methods are not considered exploits, afaik. It it just a clever way of pulls and AoE. Whether it be in DM East, the lasher farm or DM North farming the hounds. Nothing wrong with it.
I actually am leveling a mage twink (main is warrior tank) just so I can farm DM. Not competition, no rush, just chill farming.

Undercity
EU Wyrmthalak
donator Posts: 36
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

was the loot table of lashers (dm plant mobs) getting nerfed on private servers (lightshope,kronos) because they were giving too much gold ?

Zandalar Tribe rp-pvp
Horde
Gravediggers
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Relik wrote:
4 years ago
No, but that doesnt mean that they wont break them. The new AI and the ways mobs behave due to updates also presents new issues for soloing bosses. For example mara is significantly harder for hunters to solo than it was in vanilla or on private. NPC's are behaving a bit differently. It wouldnt be out of character for Blizz to break something that is working too well, and many DM farms work too well.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Hunter Survival
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 41
Dwarf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Not really on topic but,

Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago
For example mara is significantly harder for hunters to solo than it was in vanilla or on private
Could you elaborate?

Arathi Basin
US Stalagg
donator Posts: 22
Alliance
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Hinien wrote:
4 years ago
Not really on topic but,
Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago
For example mara is significantly harder for hunters to solo than it was in vanilla or on private
Could you elaborate?
I believe he/she is implying that Blizzard tweaked things to not make the Mara farm so easily farmable as in the past on vanilla and private servers of yesteryear.

Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Hinien wrote:
4 years ago
Could you elaborate?
The AI on princess is significantly more intelligent and less predictable than it was in either vanilla or private. It makes the fight feel a lot less scripted and because you cant juggle your pet as easily as on private you dont get to use your pet as often leading to a far longer engagement. The new AI doesnt always make things harder, but it does change mob behavior in many circumstances.

Hinien
g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Eastern Plaguelands
US Faerlina
donator Posts: 369
Horde
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Biomasse wrote:
4 years ago
was the loot table of lashers (dm plant mobs) getting nerfed on private servers (lightshope,kronos) because they were giving too much gold ?
From my understanding, at least on Light’s Hope, most drop rates were actually higher. I believe the spawns and patrols of the elites were off as well so private server documentation of lasher routes for pulls won’t be reliable.

EU Auberdine
donator Posts: 9
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Caperfin wrote:
4 years ago
Nyxt wrote:
4 years ago

Librams?
It's not only you mate :D
You was looking for some fresh market on lineage 2? https://l2stock.com/buy/buy-chronos visit this one and tell me do was it worth