Mulgore
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 83
Tauren
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Because the subject cut off: "What was something class or ability related you always wanted to see in game that was never implemented?"

I had a few over the years, many of which became reality. Most notably, I wanted to see a way that critters could be captured and made into non-combat pets. My idea, however, was a 'spring trap' created by engineers that allowed you to permanently cage a critter in the wild. It gave engineers a way to make money and let folks grab specific pets. They added the pet combat system, which took care of it in a very different way.

A big one I wish had been implemented but never was? Hunters go out into the world to tame their pet of choice. Warlocks should be able to go out and permanently enslave demons of their choice and have that be the demon that is summoned whenever they cast the appropriate spell. This is a lot more appealing in the later years as more and more models have been added, but there are different colored imps in vanilla at the very least!

What's your idea? :)

Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

It sounds like youre summarizing ideas you had during Vanilla, some of which did end up happening later on...?

I think I understand what we're doing... Haha. SO, I really wanted flying mounts during vanilla. Realized years later it was a bad idea. I also really wanted armor dye kits, and we eventually got transmog which I feel is sort of the same and while I do transmog in retail, I'm glad its not part of Classic. One thing I've always wanted that was never added were larger death penalties. I could see an XP decay, larger durability loss, slower ghost travel back to corpses, etc etc etc.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Mulgore
US Grobbulus
Tauren
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

EDITED MAIN POST FOR CLARITY! Lol

Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 344
Alliance
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

When I first picked up WoW in 2004, I specifically rolled a Tauren Warrior because I expected to be able to wield totems, similar to Cairne Bloodhoof and Taurens in WC3. I was very disappointed when I learned that there was no totem weapon trainer in Thunder Bluff. :biggrin:

Similarly, I enjoyed Barbarians in Diablo 2 because of their Leap ability, and it would've been cool for Warriors to have that in WoW, even though it would effectively function in a similar manner to Intercept albeit with a cooler animation.

Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 289
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

rijndael wrote:
4 years ago
When I first picked up WoW in 2004, I specifically rolled a Tauren Warrior because I expected to be able to wield totems, similar to Cairne Bloodhoof and Taurens in WC3. I was very disappointed when I learned that there was no totem weapon trainer in Thunder Bluff. :biggrin:

Similarly, I enjoyed Barbarians in Diablo 2 because of their Leap ability, and it would've been cool for Warriors to have that in WoW, even though it would effectively function in a similar manner to Intercept albeit with a cooler animation.
Leap was added in Cata I think.

I wish druids had a choice of different animal forms, but only based on the animals found in the world, not the stupid bullshit like they had in legion.

Edit: I'm just gonna keep adding stuff as I think about it.

I also think hunters having pseudo stealth makes sense, just not the version that was in retail.

Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Mulgore
US Grobbulus
Tauren
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I always HATED the Moonkin form. Feathered potatoes. They look ridiculous. The Owlbears in WC3 looked so much better. Longer legs, longer arms, they were closer to feathered tauren with beaks. Fearsome creatures. Why couldn't we get those?!

Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Steerclear wrote:
4 years ago
I always HATED the Moonkin form. Feathered potatoes. They look ridiculous. The Owlbears in WC3 looked so much better. Longer legs, longer arms, they were closer to feathered tauren with beaks. Fearsome creatures. Why couldn't we get those?!
I too have always despised moonkin form, but they solved that for me in whatever expansion they did the glyph of the stars for astral form.

Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Druid Feral
US Incendius
donator Posts: 163
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I wanted to be a troll hunter that didn't use bitch ass bows or guns.

I wanted to be an OG Axe Throwing Troll Hunter. Sadly, it never happened.

Not sure if retail made this a thing since I haven't played retail since Cata... but it's just something I've always wanted!!!

Telvaine wrote:
4 years ago
I too have always despised moonkin form, but they solved that for me in whatever expansion they did the glyph of the stars for astral form.
This is something I wish they made for Tauren only or something... It fits right into the lore of WC3 with spirit walkers and how they could take astral form. Would have been a nice touch in vanilla.

teebling Hinien
Horde | Druid | Incendius | Cowligula
Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Not class related but I wish undead would self rez after 5-10 minutes of not rezzing. I say the long time for balance purposes, and I'm not talking shaman ank, I mean an uncasted hidden racial where after being dead for a period of time you just stand back up whether you want to or not. Would be awesome for nothing other than some lore flavor.

I take it back, this can be class related, dks should have had it too.

Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Mulgore
US Grobbulus
Tauren
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Telvaine wrote:
4 years ago
This. Would. Be. Awesome.

For Undead OR DKs. Or both. And undead DKs have both. Maybe a "chance on close of combat to be rezzed" either by a racial or the Lich King himself. But, again, for balance, with 1hp and 0 resources. So it might save some runback time but you won't pop up and be immediately combat viable in PVP. Maybe, again, for the sake of balance, make it an option to release, too, because rezzing at 1hp in a battleground would be a waste of precious seconds when your angel can bring you to full HP/resource.

Oh this is good...

Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Steerclear wrote:
4 years ago
Telvaine wrote:
4 years ago
This. Would. Be. Awesome.

For Undead OR DKs. Or both. And undead DKs have both. Maybe a "chance on close of combat to be rezzed" either by a racial or the Lich King himself. But, again, for balance, with 1hp and 0 resources. So it might save some runback time but you won't pop up and be immediately combat viable in PVP. Maybe, again, for the sake of balance, make it an option to release, too, because rezzing at 1hp in a battleground would be a waste of precious seconds when your angel can bring you to full HP/resource.

Oh this is good...
Yeah the main idea behind it is simply for lore flavor. I wouldn't want it to be viable for anything combat related, just nothing other than the idea that you can't stay dead, because you are undead. No rest for the wicked.

Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Hunter Survival
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 41
Dwarf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

3 viable talents specs for each class.
It seems to me there are so many useless talents in classic, talent no one will ever think to take.

also ogre as playable

Druid Restoration
EU Ashbringer
donator Posts: 38
Horde
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Hinien wrote:
4 years ago
It seems to me there are so many useless talents in classic, talent no one will ever think to take.

also ogre as playable
Poor RP realms flooded with Ogres in Swamp of Sorrows

Hinien
Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Redstain wrote:
4 years ago
Hinien wrote:
4 years ago

also ogre as playable
Poor RP realms flooded with Ogres in Swamp of Sorrows
World of Warcraft? Isn't that the game where you can have sex with an ogre?

- Actual quote from a girl I was dating at uni, lmao.

Redstain Hinien Tinyhoof
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

The priest mind control ability should allow the priest to climb onto the mind controlled player's back and ride it around like a mount. I want to mind control somebody in PVP, jump on its back, run off a cliff, jump off and slowfall away while waving at the guy :lol:

rijndael wrote:
4 years ago
Warriors do have leap over on retail and it's pretty cool. If you cast leap before you hit the ground, you don't take fall damage. This lets you dive bomb people from above. You can fly a couple hundred feet overhead, jump off your flying mount, and cast leap attack on your target as you approach the ground. From a distance you just see a little pink haired gnome fall from the sky and crush its target beneath and then run away spamming /train :lol:

To that end, it would be pretty cool if there was some sort of instant replay ability baked into the game. Something like the sports games have. You'd be able to go back and replay something that just happened. And not just from the original viewpoint - I want something more than just screen capture software. I'd want to be able to control the camera viewpoint during the replay. Move the camera off your character and into the air, or across the room, or whatever. Think of all the times something really cool happened and how fun it would be to save that moment and see it from different angles. I know I'd have fun with it.. I already endanger every dungeon group I tank and heal by continually shutting off my UI, turning on action cam, and trying to get good screenshots, lol.

Erik Hinien
Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
4 years ago
To that end, it would be pretty cool if there was some sort of instant replay ability baked into the game. Something like the sports games have. You'd be able to go back and replay something that just happened. And not just from the original viewpoint - I want something more than just screen capture software. I'd want to be able to control the camera viewpoint during the replay. Move the camera off your character and into the air, or across the room, or whatever. Think of all the times something really cool happened and how fun it would be to save that moment and see it from different angles
This would be totally awesome.

Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Mulgore
US Grobbulus
Tauren
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
4 years ago
World of Warcraft? Isn't that the game where you can have sex with an ogre?

- Actual quote from a girl I was dating at uni, lmao.
"No, that's called Your Mom Simulator 2019."

Burn.

Pippina teebling
Loch modan
EU Razorgore
donator Posts: 188
Dwarf
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

More race/class specific stuff.
Weapons, for example. Tauren totems have allready been mentioned, I would expand that list with Flails for Undead, Dwarfen War Axes for Dwarfs, Guns being limited to Gnomes/Dwarfs/Engineers while Crossbows are limited to Tauren/Orcs/Humans. Huge bonus for throw weapons on trolls so they are viable choices for a hunter.
Or unique talent trees, replacing existing ones with some race specific changes. Orc warriors dont have a fury tree, they have a savage tree, where they can choose to lose access to mail/plate but get some nice bonuses. Dwarfs in contrast have no protection but a defender tree, giving them access to some potent defensive/support skills but losing e.g. one hand specialization.

More class specific content. Expand on ravenholdt/moonglade and give other classes similar stuff, where it makes sense. Legion order halls were pretty decent, but too streamlined and focused on gimmicky gameplay.
Hunters dont need a class hub. Let them set up camps/marks in the wild that only other hunters are able to see.

Durotar
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 19
Troll
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I wanted them to add the "languages" in game.. I dont think this ever implemented. But i remember an engineering helm that can do translates.
would have been nice.
Think about it, we are fighting each other (alliance and horde) for years, but we can not communicate. There should be a commonlanguage at the very least taht can be learned.

No. I'm not TROLLING...
Badlands
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 367
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Hinien wrote:
4 years ago

also ogre as playable
@Hinien Do you mean three talent trees that are "viable" or 3 specs within a class that are viable?

Image    Image    Image
Hunter Survival
EU Gehennas
Dwarf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Caperfin wrote:
4 years ago
Do you mean three talent trees that are "viable" or 3 specs within a class that are viable?
One spec worth using for each talent tree. Thinking about Balance Druid, I mean you CAN use it and do some damage. But you know you will be underperforming. Same for full survivial Hunter, never saw vivern sting being used. Retribution Paladin, Arcane Mage..

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for crazy unpopular specs, but in Classic the amount of work needed to make them "work" (And i mean work, not "be competitive") is just not worth it IMO.

Loch modan
EU Razorgore
donator Posts: 188
Dwarf
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Hinien wrote:
4 years ago
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for crazy unpopular specs, but in Classic the amount of work needed to make them "work" (And i mean work, not "be competitive") is just not worth it IMO.
And thats a good thing, in my opinion.

Badlands
EU Flamelash
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Hinien wrote:
4 years ago
One spec worth using for each talent tree. Thinking about Balance Druid, I mean you CAN use it and do some damage. But you know you will be underperforming. Same for full survivial Hunter, never saw vivern sting being used. Retribution Paladin, Arcane Mage..

I know we're still early in the game but something like Ranged Surv Hunter does become very feasible in the late-game. The 31 point talent unlock doesn't invalidate the other 30 other points in that talent tree or the talent tree itself, you would just not take the 31 point unlock. In fact, xx/xx/30 is near or surpasses the Optimal spec.

I understand you willingness to clump up odd specs together. But I've personally played these odd specs for +6 years, I can safely tell you Ret paladins are not on the same level as Arcane Mage.

Image    Image    Image
Hunter Survival
EU Gehennas
Dwarf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Caperfin wrote:
4 years ago
I know we're still early in the game but something like Ranged Surv Hunter does become very feasible in the late-game. The 31 point talent unlock doesn't invalidate the other 30 other points in that talent tree or the talent tree itself, you would just not take the 31 point unlock. In fact, xx/xx/30 is near or surpasses the Optimal spec.
I know, I know.. what I mean is why did they even bother to put vivern sting there? No way anyone will ever use it. It can only be useful in PvP and if you take it you cannot take scattershot wich is too important. It's a useless talent. There is no way somebody in testing could have said "vivern sting is ok" or "Arcane mages are good as they are".

What bugs me it's that it seems class designers didn't even bothered trying out some specs/talents. I can only try to image how difficult it is to balance 9 differenct classes with all those talents, but there are cases where it's obviuous a talent or a talent spec will never be used.

Badlands
EU Flamelash
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Hinien wrote:
4 years ago
I know, I know.. what I mean is why did they even bother to put vivern sting there? No way anyone will ever use it. It can only be useful in PvP and if you take it you cannot take scattershot wich is too important. It's a useless talent. There is no way somebody in testing could have said "vivern sting is ok" or "Arcane mages are good as they are".

What bugs me it's that it seems class designers didn't even bothered trying out some specs/talents. I can only try to image how difficult it is to balance 9 differenct classes with all those talents, but there are cases where it's obviuous a talent or a talent spec will never be used.
ahh ok sure, I understand.

Image    Image    Image