Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Blizzard Entertainment
"I think it's a matter of later this year, I think we can say definitively," Hazzikostas told me. "Within that timeframe? It's going to depend on a few factors."

One of the biggest hurdles to phase 2's launch is "layering," the new system that helped WoW Classic survive the storm of players who rushed the servers on day one. With layering, a given server could handle many times the normal number of players by breaking them into different copies of the same world, spreading out the population so everyone wasn't in the same area at the same time.

"Without layering, we simply would not have been able to accommodate anywhere close to the number of players we have on our servers," Hazzikostas explained. "And with some of the natural attrition that we've seen, we would've had a number of servers right now that are underpopulated. Instead we had servers that were, due to layering, effectively massively overpopulated even with login queues, during the first couple of weeks, that have now stabilized at large, healthy populations that can endure for the months and years to come."
I should probably speed up my leveling a tad.... eek!

Relik
Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Yeah man we need to pick up the pace. I don't wanna be outside trying to level once honor points start dangling over my head.

Selexin
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Yummy. Level 48. The squishiest target that still gives honor.

Selexin
g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Deleted User 2577
donator Posts:
Deleted User 2577
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

The later the better.

Relik Frosted
Badlands
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 367
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Maybe I am missing something be he doesn't seem to hint at a date?

Image    Image    Image
Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Caperfin wrote:
4 years ago
Maybe I am missing something be he doesn't seem to hint at a date?
No specific date, just a timeframe (my thread title and post never mentioned a date). Since we're already in October and he said later this year, I would think December.

Stfuppercut
Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Priest Discipline
donator Posts: 34
Horde
Priest
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Undeadlock wrote:
4 years ago
The later the better.
Agreed, I hope they give casual players the opportunity to reach 60 and run a few raids before they release Phase 2.

beached
Druid Feral
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 145
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

jodiug wrote:
4 years ago
Undeadlock wrote:
4 years ago
The later the better.
Agreed, I hope they give casual players the opportunity to reach 60 and run a few raids before they release Phase 2.
Pretty much this. At my current pace, I'll be 60 at the end of this month or early November & I think for someone with a fulltime job, I play alot!
Farming decent gear prior to the first raid & then getting some from MC will take a bit, too. I always wanted P2 for February or something like that.

Pippina
Rinku < the Druid > - For the HORDE - Gehennas, EU
Tirisfal Glades
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 301
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Yeah it's a lot sooner than expected. I'm still level 50 and I want to do at least 1 month of MC/Ony before phase 2, to at least have SOME gear.
Luckily no new raids in P2, so I can still get gear for tanking before BWL.

Pippina
<Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats> | Arugal Horde
Powered by https://classic.wowhead.com/item=9061/g ... ocket-fuel, our Fuel Rats go above and beyond to help out others.
Will you answer the call?
Guild Info ~ Stories ~ Discord
EU Gandling
donator Posts: 88
Tauren
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Was hoping i’d have time to level a 2nd toon, but ok.

Phase 2 is gonna be awesome! I predict Hillsbrad battles and server crashes.

Druid Feral
US Incendius
donator Posts: 163
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Yea I'm worried myself. Really wanted to be level 60 before phase 1 ended so that I wouldn't be completely easy pickings for the more hardcore player base.

I'm currently 51, so I'm getting there, but I'm a little doubtful if I'll be able to make it to 60 before phase 2. Not only make it to level 60, but also get my pre BiS, especially for PvP. But here's to hoping I will be granted an influx of gameplay time and make all my goals come true.

Horde | Druid | Incendius | Cowligula
Loch modan
EU Razorgore
donator Posts: 188
Dwarf
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

The reality is, no matter if you reach 60 and get your bis or not, you dont stand a chance against organized gank squads.

Druid Feral
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 165
Horde
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Samaraner wrote:
4 years ago
The reality is, no matter if you reach 60 and get your bis or not, you dont stand a chance against organized gank squads.
Unless you are a druid that can weazel himself out of a tight spot and do a runner.

Pippina Rinkusan
Loch modan
EU Razorgore
donator Posts: 188
Dwarf
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Could work if they decide its not worth chasing you.

Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Forsakenone wrote:
4 years ago
Unless you are a druid that can weazel himself out of a tight spot and do a runner.
And then immediately stealth and turn around as soon as you're out of sight, /taunt from the shadows, and gank back as soon as they engage a mob or another player and are at 50% health. Gotta play this class to its strengths.

Rinkusan Justbe
Druid Feral
US Incendius
donator Posts: 163
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
4 years ago
gank back as soon as they engage a mob or another player and are at 50% health
This guy rogues (and druids).

Horde | Druid | Incendius | Cowligula
Shaman Enhancement
donator Posts: 375
Troll
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Vlostek wrote:
4 years ago
Was hoping i’d have time to level a 2nd toon, but ok.

Phase 2 is gonna be awesome! I predict Hillsbrad battles and server crashes.
Nah I'm doubtful of server crashes. There was a video yesterday showing a massive pvp battle in Kargath, and there was no fps drop for players nor any server lag. Systems today can run 15 year old games quite well. Even with 300 players fighting.

Gensei - Shaman, Bloodsail Buccaneers
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Rinkusan wrote:
4 years ago
I always wanted P2 for February or something like that.
This would kill Classic. 6 months before phase 2? And then phase 2 only introduces honor system (no BG's) and world bosses (which only the top 1-5% of guilds will have the chances to kill). This would be a terrible timeline... MC/Ony for a year? The game would die.

MC and Ony are regularly being pugged on my server within about 3 hours. There is no content in phase 1/2. Extending that for a year is a bad idea.

4 months per phase is a good conservative estimate. One we saw as common place in the private scene and a reasonable estimate for Classic. The potential for a 4-5 month phase 1 makes sense given the extra difficulty that squishing layers may present and a shorter phase 2 due to the lack of content in phase 2 would make sense. But 6 months for phase 1 as the scheduled timeline and not as a result of layering issues... Yikes. That would be a death sentence to the game.

"Oh but youre just a hardcore and youre in your own bubble, the majority of people dont play as much as you". Classic isnt how vanilla was. It isnt how private was. This is the EASIEST version of the game YOU have played... Whether you realize that yet or not. Your guild, whoever you are, will stumble into MC and walk through the content with 30 players, some that arent even 60... The game is NOT as challenging as it was. Forget the fact that players have gotten better and computers have gotten better and internet conn - no. The game is FAR easier NOW, then the version we played in Vanilla. There is not enough content in phase 1/2 to keep ANYONE satiated. These phases need to be sped up.

FTHforever rijndael
g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I originally said somewhere else I was hoping Phase 2 would take longer to drop because I wanted to get into some MC before BWL came out. I forgot that Phase 2 doesn't include BWL and is just the honor system + DM. 4 months per phase seems fine to me. 6+ months per phase would drag things out a bit too much.

Rinkusan
Druid Feral
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 145
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I'm in @Pippina's boat again. I was under the impression that Phase 2 included BWL.

Wowza @Stfuppercut, yikes for that monologue :D I retract my previous statement and say BWL should come out come February.

Pippina Stfuppercut
Rinku < the Druid > - For the HORDE - Gehennas, EU
Mulgore
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 83
Tauren
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
4 years ago
Yeah man we need to pick up the pace. I don't wanna be outside trying to level once honor points start dangling over my head.
As a Tauren, I get a bonus to honor for pounding gnomes into the ground like teeny, tiny nails. :)

Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Rinkusan wrote:
4 years ago
Wowza Stfuppercut, yikes for that monologue :D I retract my previous statement and say BWL should come out come February.
I assumed you knew your phases! Haha. Why are people giving out their opinions on a release cycle when they dont even know what each of the phases contain for content? Are you just arbitrarily choosing a phase or a number and attaching it to a month in the year??? My monologue was your fault! :biggrin:

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Yeah I forgot what is coming when. Just a refresher for everybody (including myself :lol: )

teebling rijndael
EU Gandling
donator Posts: 88
Tauren
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago
Rinkusan wrote:
4 years ago
Wowza Stfuppercut, yikes for that monologue :D I retract my previous statement and say BWL should come out come February.
I assumed you knew your phases! Haha. Why are people giving out their opinions on a release cycle when they dont even know what each of the phases contain for content? Are you just arbitrarily choosing a phase or a number and attaching it to a month in the year??? My monologue was your fault! :biggrin:
(An example of when being right is not enough)