Mage Frost
US Thalnos
donator Posts: 132
Alliance
Mage
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I just wanted to add my observation about the social aspect of Classic WoW. I have noticed a lot more openness to helping out other players by grouping, buffing & just helping out for no reason at all other than to be helpful. I have helped many players with quests & fighting elites even when I wasn't grouped with them, so no loot to be had. I have even helped Horde players who were having trouble killing a mob.My point is, this does seem to be a more cooperative environment than retail is. It's better with friends.

better with friends by Reverend Chris, on Flickr

|About Me| |My WoW Blog|
My battletag is: RevChris#1597
Warrior Protection
US Blaumeux
donator Posts: 13
Human
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

That's one of the best parts! :)

Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

ReverendChris wrote:
4 years ago
I have even helped Horde players who were having trouble killing a mob.
I do this on my PVP server sometimes when I'm trying to quest in an area and there's one other horde there eyeing me. I'll send a little moonfire spam on his target as a peace offering in hopes he leaves me the fuck alone and lets me quest so I don't have to turn around and stealth camp him for the next two hours and not get anything productive done :lol:

EU Dreadmist
donator Posts: 231
Horde
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
4 years ago
ReverendChris wrote:
4 years ago
I do this on my PVP server sometimes when I'm trying to quest in an area and there's one other horde there eyeing me. I'll send a little moonfire spam on his target as a peace offering in hopes he leaves me the fuck alone and lets me quest so I don't have to turn around and stealth camp him for the next two hours and not get anything productive done :lol:
I noticed a warrior that was nearly dead the other day so I killed the mob, sheeped the warrior to heal them and then hit them with a wand to break the sheep.

They didn't seem to understand the help or didn't care and tried to attack me afterwards!

Red is dead from now on.

Selexin
Mage Frost
US Thalnos
donator Posts: 132
Alliance
Mage
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Relik wrote:
4 years ago
They didn't seem to understand the help or didn't care and tried to attack me afterwards!

Red is dead from now on.
That is hilarious. Do you boo. :)

Relik

|About Me| |My WoW Blog|
My battletag is: RevChris#1597
Druid Feral
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 165
Horde
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Anthony wrote:
4 years ago
That's one of the best parts! :)
Totally agree, its what makes classic truely classic!!

Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 289
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Relik wrote:
4 years ago
Pippina wrote:
4 years ago
ReverendChris wrote:
4 years ago
I noticed a warrior that was nearly dead the other day so I killed the mob, sheeped the warrior to heal them and then hit them with a wand to break the sheep.

Red is dead from now on.
He was punishing you for failing to do your duty and cleanse the zone of his disgusting presence. I hope you've learned your lesson. Red is dead no matter what unless it's just totally impractical (for example, the zone is just swimming with so many barbarians that attacking will inevitably lead to you being camped by a herd of them).

Pippina
Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
donator Posts: 151
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Just one of the reasons Classic is better and Retail is just lame.

Arathi Basin
donator Posts: 326
Undead
Priest
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Not sure if you really need friends to play this game...I was a little bit on my own journey for a few weeks now. After I quit my Horde guild in the first week I took off a week and rerolled alliance - I completly leveled alone and played guildless until this point.

My Alliance Char is full pre bis + 4 t1 pieces, both profession on 300 also epic mount. (guildless, solo player)

Got lucky with pugs and rolls!

teebling
Undead Priest @ <reLAX>
Twitch Channel, feel free to take a look :)!
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

aeh wrote:
4 years ago
Not sure if you really need friends to play this game...I was a little bit on my own journey for a few weeks now. After I quit my Horde guild in the first week I took off a week and rerolled alliance - I completly leveled alone and played guildless until this point.

My Alliance Char is full pre bis + 4 t1 pieces, both profession on 300 also epic mount. (guildless, solo player)

Welcome back m8.

Arathi Basin
donator Posts: 326
Undead
Priest
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
4 years ago
aeh wrote:
4 years ago

Welcome back m8.
ty bruh!
But playing horde again now :p

Undead Priest @ <reLAX>
Twitch Channel, feel free to take a look :)!