donator Posts: 18
Horde
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I recently tried the addon classiccastbars, but I uninstalled it 5 minutes after. I am not a fan of the addons that help in combat, I feel like I cheat.

I understand that other people need them, but my question is: does this addon also show the players castbars in pvp? I hope not...
If so, goodbye to fake cast with hearthstone? :sad:

EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 145
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

It shows what you cast in PvP, yes. It just can't show the proper rank. It will show the shortest possible cast in most libraries.

Rinku < the Druid > - For the HORDE - Gehennas, EU
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Rinkusan wrote:
4 years ago
It shows what you cast in PvP, yes. It just can't show the proper rank. It will show the shortest possible cast in most libraries.
According to the github page, the addon always assumes the longest cast:

ClassicCastbars Github
Blizzard removed the ability to distinguish between spell ranks in the combat log, so now cast times are always based on the highest rank.

Druid Feral
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 145
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
4 years ago
According to the github page, the addon always assumes the longest cast:
I double checked that and you are correct in this case. I should stop making assumptions based on pserver experiences.

How weird is that, though.. you'll be kicking thin air, even though the cast is still showing..

Rinku < the Druid > - For the HORDE - Gehennas, EU
Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Rinkusan wrote:
4 years ago
How weird is that, though.. you'll be kicking thin air, even though the cast is still showing..
The alternate is not kicking because the cast is finished, when in fact it isn't. It's not perfect I wouldn't rely on it I guess, look for animations.

Rinkusan
Lvl 60
Lvl 35