Druid Feral
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 165
Horde
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Hands down: Shaman.

Putting weird looking sticks in the ground and call them "totems" just doensn't float my boat.

rijndael
Tirisfal Glades
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 301
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Mages are just soooo plain and uninteresting to me.
If I want to play as a caster, warlock seems tenfold more interesting to me.

I do like that they can do portals/teleports/food, but everything else is soo "meh" to me.

<Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats> | Arugal Horde
Powered by https://classic.wowhead.com/item=9061/g ... ocket-fuel, our Fuel Rats go above and beyond to help out others.
Will you answer the call?
Guild Info ~ Stories ~ Discord
Deleted User 2577
donator Posts:
Deleted User 2577
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Shaman or druid

Hunter Marksman
EU Zandalar Tribe
donator Posts: 83
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

FTHforever wrote:
4 years ago
Pluuf wrote:
4 years ago
I also wouldn't play a warrior; not being able to really solo anything sounds like you'll be very dependent on others. I mean; you can't even finish your lvl 30 class quest solo before getting better alternatives in Bonebiter/Ravager.
Oof man, some serious missconception here. Whirlwind Weapon is a lvl40 quest, that can be accepted at 30. Same as the mage/warlock quests you get that level. It's pimp out quest if you do it with help and get it at early 30, the next serious upgrade for soli play is Executioneer's at lvl43 so it does last quite a bit. Bonebiter is by the way alliance only.

If you meant the Berserker Stance quest... Anyone should be able to do it on 30 if you aren't wearing rags.

That said I would love to not play mage's because they are boring and too easy, but they are that overpowered in vanilla that there is no reason for not having a mage alt.

So I will not be playing paladin's, rogues and druid's in classic.

Rogues and paladins because I really like the style of bloodelves and will delay playing these classes until TBC is up. Also playing Horde and paladins are too much trouble to get anything else than healing running in vanilla. Prot and Ret are way too expensive to do on a competitive level.
Druids because there are just tauren druids on horde and I don't like their style at all.
I was definitely not talking about Berserker Island, it's the lvl 30 class quest for the WW axe I was referring to. Just like the lvl 20 Paladin quest for Verigans Fist is a lvl 20 class quest as well.

I play Alliance only, so why would I ever do the WW axe quest then (only considering the rewards here for a second, I know it's about the journey, not the destination, yada-yada) if I can get much better weapons at 37 Ravager or better yet, Bonebiter at 34? So what's the misconception here? It's a lvl 30 quest, as said, you can only complete it at lvl 40-ish, which is detrimental to the Warrior class; not being able to solo content for their level. On my Paladin I finished my class quest at 21, mostly solo, except for the dungeons part because well, they are dungeons.

Mulgore
US Grobbulus
Tauren
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Unpopular opinion here: ROGUE.

Reasoning: I'm on a PVP server. "But that doesn't make sense, Steer!" Hear me out. Rogues are absolutely loathed by the general population because they like to pop up out of nowhere and one-shot people that are questing. They receive zero mercy. I'm a little bit of a world PVP carebear, with the exception of defending my bretheren. But when you're a rogue, you're always the enemy.

In a strictly PVE situation, Paladin. They are super powerful from TBC onward, but in Vanilla, they feel terribly underwhelming.

Badlands
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 367
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Gensei wrote:
4 years ago
Same on Hunter. The class is fine in later expansions, but I find it incredibly clunky for the first few years of the game.
The hunter of pserver and the hunter of Classic are very different, so I'd agree with you and say hunter :(

Image    Image    Image
Shaman Enhancement
donator Posts: 375
Troll
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Caperfin wrote:
4 years ago
Gensei wrote:
4 years ago
Same on Hunter. The class is fine in later expansions, but I find it incredibly clunky for the first few years of the game.
The hunter of pserver and the hunter of Classic are very different, so I'd agree with you and say hunter :(
Implying that the less clunky state of hunters on Classic is still not enough to save the day?

Gensei - Shaman, Bloodsail Buccaneers
EU Gandling
donator Posts: 88
Tauren
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Oh man what DON’T i wanna play?? My shaman main is almost 60 now and i’m getting bored of the resto grind so i’m already looking towards new classes.

On one hand, i’m thinking a mage. Pure dmg class, great aoe farm. On the other, rogue sounds fun too! Great for pvp.

Also have alts on the rp-pvp server since i am a bit of am RP nut and there everything goes. Druid, hunter, warrior, paladin

I think the only class i’m not thinking seriously of playing is warlock and priest. The first i played in vanilla and don’t feel like visiting again. The second i find too boring until you get Shadowform.

Stranglethorn Vale
donator Posts: 43
Human
Mage
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Steerclear wrote:
4 years ago
Oh wow I really get that. As an alliance player, I absolutely loathe UD Rogues. Feels like 9/10 times you encounter them they only attack once you start fighting a mob. You will definitely catch me at 60 ganking some of them in STV due to sheer, class-related revenge.

Problem is I do think the Rogue class is really interesting. Sneaking around and such makes for some very intriguing PvE-play where you can surgically target mobs in caves and such. Too bad leather gear looks absolutely terrible before the tier-sets.

Hunter Marksman
EU Zandalar Tribe
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

disco wrote:
4 years ago
Feels like 9/10 times you encounter them they only attack once you start fighting a mob.
As a solution, on my hunter, I just KoS every rogue that I see: Mark them from max range and hunt them down one by one.

Erik
Stranglethorn Vale
donator Posts: 43
Human
Mage
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Pluuf wrote:
4 years ago
disco wrote:
4 years ago
Feels like 9/10 times you encounter them they only attack once you start fighting a mob.
As a solution, on my hunter, I just KoS every rogue that I see: Mark them from max range and hunt them down one by one.
You absolutely can; my general attitude is just to avoid PvP-encounters unless inevitable though. The only worse thing than the possibility of getting ganked by a rogue is ganking one and quite possibly ending up on their shit list only to be jumped at the least opportune moment.

Mulgore
US Skeram
donator Posts: 18
Horde
Mage
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Started playing Hunter and just couldn't take it anymore after about lvl 20..

The dead zone mechanic was just too frustrating, I've heard it gets easier once you've dumped some time into it and learn how to properly manage distances, but I just couldn't be bothered.

Felwood
EU Sulfuron
donator Posts: 5
Human
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

That would definitely be Rogue (and I was a Rogue 15 years ago on Vanilla), and here's why :
As a PvP player, I just can't stand the idea of having to rely on cooldowns to be able to fight. I want to always be ready for what's coming at me. The class is fun and all, but it's just not my mindset.

Mage Frost
EU Mirage Raceway
donator Posts: 22
Gnome
Mage
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

disco wrote:
4 years ago
Steerclear wrote:
4 years ago
As an alliance player, I absolutely loathe UD Rogues.
Exactly that so much.
I played a warlock in vanilla and i would get stunlocked to death in a matter of seconds. That sound of going into stealth was the stuff nightmares are made of.
And of course it was always an undead rogue.

Paladin Holy
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 109
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Warrior, there is just nothing that really attracts me to it, beyond tanking - and I would prefer not to tank in raid settings.

- Xcellers
|Paladin|Firemaw EU-PVP|
Mk. Ultra - Comprehensive Guild Management Spreadsheet
A comprehensive tool for guild managers maintaining rosters & loot distribution in LC based guilds

Vault of the Silverhands, A Gear Primer for Holy Paladins
A progressive and customisable item, enchant and buff overview for Holy Paladins

Ashenvale
US Deviate Delight
donator Posts: 4
Alliance
Mage
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I got a warrior to level 43 before I finally had to admit to myself I freaking hated playing it. :(

Warlock Destruction
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 307
Undead
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I tried paladin once for 30 minutes and I gave up. It's too boring. Warriors suck ass on a lot of levels but at least you have a good life to look forward to in terms of weapons, armor, dungeons and raids. Afaik with paladins you're basically just healing in cloth.

Hunter Survival
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 41
Dwarf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Erik wrote:
4 years ago
I don't want to play Rogue, Paladin and Warrior. Never have and never will.
Never say never, Shaelur :)

Erik
Arathi Basin
EU Ten Storms
donator Posts: 253
Alliance
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Hinien wrote:
4 years ago
Erik wrote:
4 years ago
I don't want to play Rogue, Paladin and Warrior. Never have and never will.
Never say never, Shaelur :)
You got me good sir, you got me good! :) Take my like!

Altaholic playing the following:
Ten Storms EU Alliance
Finnigan - Dwarf Hunter Lvl 30
Portalmaster - Gnome Mage Lvl 19
Shaelur - Dwarf Paladin Lvl 22
Shaelus - Night Elf Druid Lvl 50
Swamp of Sorrows
donator Posts: 9
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Druid and Paladin, altho I did eventually get the itch to *try* Pally, because I wanted to see how different they were from what I remember in Vanilla (vs. WotLK when I first tried the class). Both classes bore me. Paladin is overkill imo & I kill things so efficiently I feel no challenge. Druid for some reason bores me even more haha. I honestly am not even sure why, but it was always the only class I was entirely apathetic about the entire time playing it, not just bored.

Teldrassil
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 444
Alliance
Priest
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Mage. Iam mostly interested in pve so playing such a plain class is not for me.

Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
Druid Feral
US Incendius
donator Posts: 163
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Perdition wrote:
4 years ago
Druid and Paladin, altho I did eventually get the itch to *try* Pally, because I wanted to see how different they were from what I remember in Vanilla (vs. WotLK when I first tried the class). Both classes bore me. Paladin is overkill imo & I kill things so efficiently I feel no challenge. Druid for some reason bores me even more haha. I honestly am not even sure why, but it was always the only class I was entirely apathetic about the entire time playing it, not just bored.
I actually like paladins for that "no challenge" reason because it allows me to make challenges for myself. Killing 1 mob in a 1v1 fight is boring because 99.9% of the time it's no sweat at all. So I like to see how many mobs I can wrangle and kill before I need to pop my shield and some other cooldowns.

Druids I absolutely love because I can fill any role. I especially like this because I hate being a dps only class and searching for groups for hours on end trying to find a tank. When you're a tank you can easily pick and choose when and what you want to run. And I love me some bear tanking.

Horde | Druid | Incendius | Cowligula
Desolace
donator Posts: 52
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Druid.

It was my first high lvl character ever to reach lvl 56 in BC, and I hated that I was the ultimate underdog. Rogue was a better meele, mage was a better caster..and also hated that the whole shapeshifting thing. I picked this class out of the blue knowing nothing about it back then, and left it at 56, never to look back at it again.

A bat in the hand is worth two in the belfry.