Stranglethorn Vale
donator Posts: 43
Human
Mage
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Opposite to many threads talking about peoples favorite classes, I came to wonder: What is the class you absolutely can not stand playing? What would be your absolute last choice for an alt, only to make when everything else is said and done?

Please note that this thread is NOT to put down those who decide to play the class you like; only to have a discussion and maybe help some people decide among possibilities for an alt (or at least what not to play).

Mine would be Hunter. I played one in Vanilla, and leveled one to 60 on Northdale about a year ago to "refresh my memory". Realized at around level 30 that I really, really don't enjoy playing a hunter. Pulled myself through the next 30 levels, did a few runs in MC and just hit a wall where I in the middle of a session just logged out, quit and never went back. Something about the constant ammo anxiety, ugly looking armor (except tier sets) and a pet you cannot really control enough really creates the perfect combo for me to just say "nu-uh".

What about you?

ClassicRaids
Shaman Enhancement
donator Posts: 375
Troll
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Same on Hunter. The class is fine in later expansions, but I find it incredibly clunky for the first few years of the game.

Gensei - Shaman, Bloodsail Buccaneers
Undercity
EU Dreadmist
donator Posts: 6
Horde
Mage
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Paladin in Vanilla. Maybe protection paladin could be fine, but if i want to be a tank, warrior is better option for me. For the horde! :mrgreen:

Vylizana Undead Frost Mage
<Czechdream>
Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 344
Alliance
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I've leveled every class to at least 35, and I've also played every class (except Druid) at level 60 with raid gear (thanks to guildies & friends), and I can safely say that my least favorite class in the game is Shaman.

Arathi Basin
EU Ten Storms
donator Posts: 253
Alliance
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I don't want to play Rogue, Paladin and Warrior. Never have and never will. ( So I thought! )

Currently playing Shaman, will then move on to Hunter or continue on my 32 Druid

Altaholic playing the following:
Ten Storms EU Alliance
Finnigan - Dwarf Hunter Lvl 30
Portalmaster - Gnome Mage Lvl 19
Shaelur - Dwarf Paladin Lvl 22
Shaelus - Night Elf Druid Lvl 50
Druid Feral
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 145
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Never have I ever - nor will I ever - play a Mage.

Every other class I have at least created a char and played a bit (whether it be in Classic or Retail).

I can't even provide reasoning. It just has zero appeal to me :D

Rinku < the Druid > - For the HORDE - Gehennas, EU
EU Dreadmist
donator Posts: 231
Horde
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Paladin.

The class fantasy is appealing but other than that it just seems like a jack of all trades master of none.

Ret - I'd rather play an arms/fury warrior.
Prot - I'd rather play a prot warrior.
Holy - I'd rather play a holy priest.

Loch modan
EU Razorgore
donator Posts: 188
Dwarf
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Shaman, unless they remove the 1 faction restriction on pvp servers.
Otherwise probably Mage. I always heavily prefered melee over casters, with Mage being the most boring of the three pure caster classes in my eyes.

Thunder Bluff
EU Wyrmthalak
donator Posts: 37
Horde
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Warrior is the only one I could never level past 30.

The armor looks cool but the class itself just feels way too boring I'm sorry.

Zandalar Tribe EU
Tinytusk - Troll Shaman
Zinnia - Undead Mage
Hunter Marksman
EU Zandalar Tribe
donator Posts: 83
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

One class I would never play is Shaman. Sounds to me you can only level as Enhancement and that sounds like an RNG machine to me: Ele sounds like you are constantly OOM and leveling as a healer spec is never a good idea.

I also wouldn't play a warrior; not being able to really solo anything sounds like you'll be very dependent on others. I mean; you can't even finish your lvl 30 class quest solo before getting better alternatives in Bonebiter/Ravager.

Alterac Valley
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 148
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Pluuf wrote:
4 years ago
I also wouldn't play a warrior; not being able to really solo anything sounds like you'll be very dependent on others. I mean; you can't even finish your lvl 30 class quest solo before getting better alternatives in Bonebiter/Ravager.
Oof man, some serious missconception here. Whirlwind Weapon is a lvl40 quest, that can be accepted at 30. Same as the mage/warlock quests you get that level. It's pimp out quest if you do it with help and get it at early 30, the next serious upgrade for soli play is Executioneer's at lvl43 so it does last quite a bit. Bonebiter is by the way alliance only.

If you meant the Berserker Stance quest... Anyone should be able to do it on 30 if you aren't wearing rags.

That said I would love to not play mage's because they are boring and too easy, but they are that overpowered in vanilla that there is no reason for not having a mage alt.

So I will not be playing paladin's, rogues and druid's in classic.

Rogues and paladins because I really like the style of bloodelves and will delay playing these classes until TBC is up. Also playing Horde and paladins are too much trouble to get anything else than healing running in vanilla. Prot and Ret are way too expensive to do on a competitive level.
Druids because there are just tauren druids on horde and I don't like their style at all.

Paladin Protection
US Deviate Delight
donator Posts: 167
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Druids and prot warriors bore the absolute hell out of me. That's about it for me.

Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Any hybrid. The hybrid tax is very high and I am fortunate enough to have enough free time to play multiple characters. I would rather play multiple characters that thrive in a specific skill-set than to play something that is suboptimal for everything. If I had to choose, probably druid. Sorry druids. The counter argument would be that all healers are technically hybrids, but I have no interest in healing either. If I did heal, I would probably only play priest or paladin.

Erik
g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Warrior Protection
donator Posts: 49
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Druids, because I'd rather play a Shaman or Warlock as a caster and I'd rather play a Rogue or Warrior for a melee. I get that there's an appeal in being able to do everything a little bit (especially getting into dungeon groups easily), but it's not for me.

Priest also. I like them thematically but I've got a Shaman for a healing class and don't really love my limited experience with the class for DPS/Leveling. I also feel like I may be in the minority here in that Mind Control isn't that appealing to me for some reason.

I guess that's it. Everything else has some kind of appeal to me to varying degrees. I don't see myself getting that far with more than maybe two characters though.

Silverpine Forest
donator Posts: 391
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I f*cking hate mages. Keep in mind, I never actually got one past level 20 until Legion, and I know they were 100% different back in Classic/BC, but no amount of Classic/BC mage will ever wash the bad taste of Legion/BfA mage out of my mouth.

I'm also holding off on shamans and paladins until BC servers come out and I can make a Draenei shaman and a Belf paladin.

Finally, I don't think my priest is going anywhere. Yeah, all of my bank alts are priests and one of them has Enchanting and can be promoted to main at any time, but that's never going to happen. Warlock is the EZmode cloth class and my priest will never be a higher level than my lock.

Threads I've derailed: 0
Flame wars I've started: 0
Threads I've started that mentioned other posters by name: 0
Accounts I've created for the sole purpose of mocking other posters: 0

My reputation is clean.
Priest Holy
US Skeram
donator Posts: 7
Troll
Priest
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Warrior, Paladin, Rogue. Anything melee really.
I played a DK in WOTLK, which was fun with the mobility adds of the day, but chasing people around is not my idea of fun.

Something always need doing! :mrgreen:
Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 289
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Shaman for me. I find the gameplay very awkward, and they have my least favorite class lore of anything, which for me personally is almost as important as gameplay. "The elements", elementals, all of it is just dumb to me. I have tried but I just cannot get into it.

Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Darnassus
donator Posts: 57
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Anything but Hunter.
... By the way, this is me trying to reinforce myself to remain tied to one character and not become an altoholic. I want every class to 60. Please send help.

Erik ReverendChris Perdition

[ Golemagg | Alliance | Hunter | Lucas ]
Rogue Combat
donator Posts: 147
Undead
Rogue
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I don't mind any class except Warlocks. (haven't played Rogue though, but I would like it for sure) Their playstyle and same pets all over the place is boring to me.

Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

There’s only one class I never played or will ever play (he says) and that is Warlock. Entirely because of the class theme and appearance - that demonic/necro/summoner feel really just doesn’t appeal to me.

Shaman Enhancement
donator Posts: 375
Troll
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago
Any hybrid. The hybrid tax is very high and I am fortunate enough to have enough free time to play multiple characters. I would rather play multiple characters that thrive in a specific skill-set than to play something that is suboptimal for everything. If I had to choose, probably druid. Sorry druids. The counter argument would be that all healers are technically hybrids, but I have no interest in healing either. If I did heal, I would probably only play priest or paladin.
Aren't warriors a hybrid class? They can't wiggle their way out of the distinction just because they're good at their different roles.

Gensei - Shaman, Bloodsail Buccaneers
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Gensei wrote:
4 years ago
Aren't warriors a hybrid class? They can't wiggle their way out of the distinction just because they're good at their different roles.
Yea, you could argue that and you would be right. But they are also sort of a master class. Each spec is relevant and optimal for reach role they want to perform. Warriors are S tier and arent really in the conversation when considering a hybrid tax because warriors werent taxed.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Warlock Affliction
US Kirtonos
donator Posts: 363
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
4 years ago
There’s only one class I never played or will ever play (he says) and that is Warlock. Entirely because of the class theme and appearance - that demonic/necro/summoner feel really just doesn’t appeal to me.
I want to thumbs down you right now but I can't!
But demonic/necro/summoner feel isnt everyone cup of tea.

I have two, I wont play Paladin and Warrior!
I just can't do it, they just dont appeal to me at all.
Always like the caster classes, melee not so much.

Image Image
Image Image
| Nýxt - Demonology Warlock | Kirtonos PVP | Level 50 | - | Awkaran - Resto Druid | Kirtonos PVP | Level 20 |
| Fatherbatch - Holy Priest | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 | - | Reignmaker - Frost Mage | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 |
Burning Steppes
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 5
Human
Rogue
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Paladin,

Reason?

I myself love melee pvp/pve combat and paladin in many expansion has been fun, but being kind of forced to go Holy in raids because of lack of the DPS i can do as Ret, makes me not want to play it. I also am not a fan of mana usage, having to drink water everytime and having to worry about not going OOM in a pvp fight is horrifying. That is why i chose playing rogue.

Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Relik wrote:
4 years ago
Paladin.

The class fantasy is appealing but other than that it just seems like a jack of all trades master of none.

Lvl 60
Lvl 35