Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 289
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I have the solution to your confusion here. Using "classic" (not capitalized) makes that word an adjective. Using "Classic" (capitalized) makes that word a proper noun, as in a shorthand method for referring to World of Warcraft Classic, the game we are all currently playing. I think Nyxt hit is on the head with "WoW Classic: TBC" as the likely naming convention for future installments of our current obsession.

Huzzah for rules of grammar, now we can all use the word "classic" in different contexts and effectively communicate our message to each other!

Nyxt
Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Druid Restoration
EU Ashbringer
donator Posts: 38
Horde
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Telvaine wrote:
4 years ago
I have the solution to your confusion here. Using "classic" (not capitalized) makes that word an adjective. Using "Classic" (capitalized) makes that word a proper noun, as in a shorthand method for referring to World of Warcraft Classic, the game we are all currently playing. I think Nyxt hit is on the head with "WoW Classic: TBC" as the likely naming convention for future installments of our current obsession.

Huzzah for rules of grammar, now we can all use the word "classic" in different contexts and effectively communicate our message to each other!
He is not going to accept it just for the sake of trolling..

Can't wait for classic MoP(Please no.)

Durotar
EU Skullflame
donator Posts: 16
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

i guess they will base the decision on the loads of subscription data they are constantly gathering, have access to and analyse.

im pretty sure they have insights of what are the right timespans between announcements, the release of new phases etc. to build hype and to get people to resub because they see numbers falling and so on.

after all they want more money to make shareholders happy.

furthermore from a business standpoint i think its more likely to happen that they just bring back the other addons next because based on the assumption that they have more backed up data from the addons that came after classic it costs less to re-release them than to create classic+ and canibibalize/ridicule bfa even more. i would use the truckloads of excess money to strenghten my other brands or create a totally new product that reels in players from competitors who arent playing blizz games right now

FROST SHOCK!
Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 344
Alliance
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Redstain wrote:
4 years ago
Telvaine wrote:
4 years ago

He is not going to accept it just for the sake of trolling..

Can't wait for classic MoP(Please no.)
Yeah, seriously. Let's not pull a Neville Chamberlain and go the way of appeasement with this. It's not going to work.

Priest Discipline
donator Posts: 34
Horde
Priest
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Long term, I think there are three options to keep people playing Classic.

1. Classic reboots and you can choose to start over from level 1 on a fresh server.
2. Classic is no longer Classic but instead "Retail from 10 years ago". First, it's TBC Classic, then WotlK Classic, and in 10 years, we will have BfA Classic.
3. New development and the release of Classic+.

What I don't understand about the Classic TBC proposal, is that it just delays the inevitable choice between the above three options.

Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Personally I would love it if they could just make servers that progress through vanilla, tbc, wotlk, and legion, then restart, skipping all the nonsense of the other three expansions that contributed nothing to the main story arch of the warcraft universe.

But, I would prefer that they apply class design from MOP since I feel like that was the best pvp.

But this is also why I feel like these threads get kind of pointless, because over and over again it just ends up with everyone saying "I prefer this".

I wish I had more programming skills, less employment, and didn't live in a country with laws, then I could just run my own super wow pserver and create the game I want.

Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Warlock Demonology
US Skeram
donator Posts: 229
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Telvaine wrote:
4 years ago
Personally I would love it if they could just make servers that progress through vanilla, tbc, wotlk, and legion, then restart, skipping all the nonsense of the other three expansions that contributed nothing to the main story arch of the warcraft universe.

But, I would prefer that they apply class design from MOP since I feel like that was the best pvp.

But this is also why I feel like these threads get kind of pointless, because over and over again it just ends up with everyone saying "I prefer this".

I wish I had more programming skills, less employment, and didn't live in a country with laws, then I could just run my own super wow pserver and create the game I want.
In defense of the thread. Almost everyone took what I said the wrong way and completely missed my point. It wasn't for the purpose of discussing what we want in classic+ etc. It's to discuss the pacing of the phases. I used classic+ as an example of a motivator.

So I agree with you that deciding what classic+ should be is a waste of time but, unfortunately, this thread was not intended for that.

Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

pan0phobik wrote:
4 years ago
Telvaine wrote:
4 years ago

In defense of the thread. Almost everyone took what I said the wrong way and completely missed my point. It wasn't for the purpose of discussing what we want in classic+ etc. It's to discuss the pacing of the phases. I used classic+ as an example of a motivator.

So I agree with you that deciding what classic+ should be is a waste of time but, unfortunately, this thread was not intended for that.
Lol bro you are totally right, I didn't even realize how bad your thread got hijacked.

Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Mulgore
US Skeram
donator Posts: 18
Horde
Mage
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Personally, I think Blizzard has absolutely no idea what they're doing.

It was clear with the launch + server issues they did not realize Classic would be as successful as it has become.

I can only imagine that the Blizzard offices are as full of debate as the forums are. If it were up to me, I'd choose the Classic+ model. I was a long-time Runescape player, and when OSRS was released people had a similar sentiment about Jagex, and their abilities as a company.

To everyone's pleasant surprise, Jagex was able to maintain the game, and even bring in new content that everyone found agreeable.

Unfortunately for us, that required a lot of community interaction and transparency I don't think Blizzard is capable of.

As consumers, we need to be clear about our expectations: no microtransactions, no more HK drama, and more say from the community. If we give Blizzard to much control, they'll inevitably fuck it up, that part isn't up for debate.

Silverpine Forest
donator Posts: 391
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Nyxt wrote:
4 years ago
Do you think there is a possibility of WoW TBC the 2nd Coming, WoW TBC 2.0, or maybe they will call it WoW Classic: TBC (expansion)...?
No, it's just "WoW: The Burning Crusade"
Telvaine wrote:
4 years ago
I have the solution to your confusion here. Using "classic" (not capitalized) makes that word an adjective. Using "Classic" (capitalized) makes that word a proper noun, as in a shorthand method for referring to World of Warcraft Classic, the game we are all currently playing.
No, that would only make things MORE confusing. Blizzard's own terminology, as used in the Wall of No for many years, refers to "legacy servers" and "limited expansion content realms".
Redstain wrote:
4 years ago
Can't wait for classic Legacy MoP
I agree :)

Threads I've derailed: 0
Flame wars I've started: 0
Threads I've started that mentioned other posters by name: 0
Accounts I've created for the sole purpose of mocking other posters: 0

My reputation is clean.
Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Black Monarch wrote:
4 years ago
Nyxt wrote:
4 years ago
Do you think there is a possibility of WoW TBC the 2nd Coming, WoW TBC 2.0, or maybe they will call it WoW Classic: TBC (expansion)...?
No, it's just "WoW: The Burning Crusade"
Telvaine wrote:
4 years ago
I have the solution to your confusion here. Using "classic" (not capitalized) makes that word an adjective. Using "Classic" (capitalized) makes that word a proper noun, as in a shorthand method for referring to World of Warcraft Classic, the game we are all currently playing.
No, that would only make things MORE confusing. Blizzard's own terminology, as used in the Wall of No for many years, refers to "legacy servers" and "limited expansion content realms".
Redstain wrote:
4 years ago
Can't wait for classic Legacy MoP
I agree :)
Glad to see you back with good quality posting on this legacy wow forum.

cigarettes
Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
EU Shazzrah
donator Posts: 16
Horde
Mage
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Let me start out by saying that I absolutely hope that they will make Classic+. I much rather see classic+ than TBC.

With that being said I sadly don't think it will happen. Even if Classic is a major success by the end of the last phase I think Blizzard will go the safe route and re-release TBC. It will take a lot less effort and at the same time they can't mess up (people already know what TBC was) and the potential for backlash is enormous with Classic+.