Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 344
Alliance
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I plan to spam the living shit out of BRD throughout the 50s as there are a dozen pieces of gear I can benefit from, not to mention dungeon spamming seems to be a lot more efficient than questing overall. However, my memory is hazy with respect to the relative difficulty as well as the level requirements for each role.

As a healer, what's the minimum level to comfortably complete a full clear?

What would be the minimum level for the tank and DPS to be effective?

Loch modan
EU Razorgore
donator Posts: 188
Dwarf
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I would say 56 is the baseline, which is also what many people ask for pugs. Depending on gear, skill, experience and group synergy you can go as low as 52.
Casters generally arent punished as hard as melees by being underleveled.

donator Posts: 1
Dwarf
Priest
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I've healed it in guild groups from as low as 50!

Hunter Survival
US Smolderweb
donator Posts: 241
Tauren
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Make sure you have a mage and a competent tank. There are too many ways that place can become exponentially more difficult if someone screws up — stealing food from the bar, aggro from arena spectators, not dismissing pets before doing one of the many jump skips, not focusing the fireguards, not looting the torches... If someone in your group is incompetent you'll have plenty of time to figure out who during the 10 minute corpse run.

Don't expect to get all your gear even if you start this early though. I ground BRD most of the way from 50 and still don't have HOJ, Savage Gladiator's, or the Golem Skull Helm.

rijndael
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I would not advocate doing full clears. The run will be far more efficient and productive if you choose a specified path and farm it repeatedly. Whether youre doing the ring of law / anger. Or youre doing incendius lava jump runs. You should determine a specified route that is level appropriate for your group (brd level ranges shift WILDLY) and focus on a pre determined path for each grind session.

rijndael
g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Paladin Protection
US Deviate Delight
donator Posts: 167
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

What STFU said. When I was level 52-55 I basically did the first half. I pushed it all the way to Fineous, basically did arena +Vault runs. Golem lord was sketchy but we made it work, but other group comps most likely won't around the lower 50's as he hits like a truck even with LOSing his chain lightening. Though you could skip golem and go to Grim guzzler, that's pretty easy.

But the first half is great XP for that level. Literally have your group clear out all the mobs in the prison and . (I skipped the highway).

I wouldn't go past grim guzzler until you're around 55+ and you can start inching forward up to emp. I've cleared Emp with my group mainly being 55-56 but we have solid synergy, I think a random pug would have issues past ambassador.

Have fun! BRD is my favorite instance.

rijndael
EU Gandling
donator Posts: 88
Tauren
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I believe BRD is the first gritty instance players run into. So far it's all been fun and games, but warriors better put on a shield(!!) when they step into BRD and as for healers, well I hope you've been saving on healing gear.

I've healed both as dps and heal spec and while both are viable there is no doubt heal spec makes your life easier. End-game dungeons have large mob packs and DPS rarely waits 5 seconds for tank to get aggro on everything. You will often need to heal multiple targets while managing your mana.

If you're serious about leveling the rest of your character in dungeons i recommend going holy spec. Holy paladins have very good mana management, thanks to illumination.

A side-note about levels; as a healer it doesn't matter. since you should rarely be the one getting hit, all that matters is your mana pool. So you can easily do BRD at 50-51. Might take some time convincing others, but group up with a tank and just watch the DPS scrubs pour.

Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 344
Alliance
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Vlostek wrote:
4 years ago
If you're serious about leveling the rest of your character in dungeons i recommend going holy spec. Holy paladins have very good mana management, thanks to illumination.
Yeah I'm thinking of switching to Holy at around 52. I do indeed plan on leveling primarily via dungeons. Essentially my plan will be to LFG for a dungeon as soon as I log in, and towards the end of the night when I don't have time for a run I'll do a quest or two here and there. Rinse and repeat.

EU Gandling
donator Posts: 88
Tauren
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Make sure you get all the dungeon quests then. There’s a guide here somewhere with all of them listed.

BRD especially has a lot of quests.

Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Man I can't wait to get into BRD. I loved SM, that was one of my favorite parts of this game. But I think BRD, LBRS, and UBRS are my favorite places to be. Inching closer by the day.

Mulgore
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 83
Tauren
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Leveling from 1 to 52, all I could think of was how amazing it'll be to get back into the endgame and BRD (which, to me, truly marks the start of the endgame dungeon crawling). After a couple clears, I'm glad I'm 60 and have what I need from there, with only low-chance epic drops eluding me.

And FR gear. Damn it....I have to go back, don't I?

Badlands
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 367
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

rijndael wrote:
4 years ago
Yeah I'm thinking of switching to Holy at around 52. I do indeed plan on leveling primarily via dungeons. Essentially my plan will be to LFG for a dungeon as soon as I log in, and towards the end of the night when I don't have time for a run I'll do a quest or two here and there. Rinse and repeat.
If you play with friends and you heal, you'll quickly blaze through a dungeon.

Image    Image    Image