Warrior Protection
US Blaumeux
donator Posts: 13
Human
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

First of all, my apologies if this is not allowed here. I'm not looking for guild advertisements as mentioned in the one topic only.

Long ish post... :)

So not only am I still here, a month later alt to alt to alt deciding on class..I can't choose a server either. So I figured this seems like a great community to ask for advise on finding my long term home on WoW Classic.

I intend to mostly raid/dungeon, with some PVP on the side. I'm unsure of Horde or Alliance, but I've been Alliance so long, I almost want to go horde for something new. Also why I want to kind of roll a shaman - I never have.

At first I wanted idealistically to go low pop, so I could stand out and either make a guild or get good chance at loot in raids and have my choice of class. Now I'm leaning towards long term, realizing high pop might be best choice. And if I later want to xfer (if available) off, once geared? I have that option. High pop means I can likely get into PUG groups for raids, and have a lot of guilds to choose from. And should I choose one day to make a guild, I have the options of plenty to join.

I want to avoid Faerlina for a myriad of reasons. Herod looks solid. I want an Eastern server, ideally. Some of the slightly smaller ones look decent. I want to raid, have plenty of people to play with, do dungeons, and also not have a great difficulty on dealing with exclusion of gear.

Mulgore
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 83
Tauren
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Low pop might make it tough to start a guild from scratch. Not impossible of course, but most folks are fairly established at the present.

I'm on Herod right now. The queues are negligible unless you only log in at peak hours. Got on today at 3pm with no queue. Look me up in game if you want some friends! <Nocturnal>, horde side. You can whisper just about anyone and tell em I sent you.

Stfuppercut
Warrior Protection
US Blaumeux
Human
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Score one so far for Herod. I'll make a toon on that side and check it out. :)

Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 289
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Fuck Herod come to Grobbulus we have high pop, 50/50 alliance to horde ratio, extremely active wpvp, and random lowbie RPers in the cities for entertainment.!

Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Warrior Protection
US Blaumeux
Human
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I do like RP a bit.

But does Grobbulus have a decent amount of opportunistic for all classes/specs to get raid spots, frequent MC/Ony pugs all week long, etc? Looking for a longtime home, to level numerous 60s, and eventually do a lot of raiding.

Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Anthony wrote:
4 years ago
I do like RP a bit.

But does Grobbulus have a decent amount of opportunistic for all classes/specs to get raid spots, frequent MC/Ony pugs all week long, etc? Looking for a longtime home, to level numerous 60s, and eventually do a lot of raiding.
We still show up as "full" in the server list during peak hours. I'm not 60 yet so I can't speak to the end game scene yet but the server is packed so I'd be amazed if you had trouble finding a guild.

Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Shaman Enhancement
donator Posts: 375
Troll
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I'm sure everyone will roll up to plug their server, but if you're getting a late start, Bloodsail might be a fair bet. The whole vibe of the server is pretty casual, and there's some RP on alliance side. But also its PvE-RP, so that may not be your jam. Its medium pop, and hits High on the weekends.

Gensei - Shaman, Bloodsail Buccaneers
Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Gensei wrote:
4 years ago
I'm sure everyone will roll up to plug their server, but if you're getting a late start, Bloodsail might be a fair bet. The whole vibe of the server is pretty casual, and there's some RP on alliance side. But also its PvE-RP, so that may not be your jam. Its medium pop, and hits High on the weekends.
I'm not sure why you would roll on a server where "there's some RP" but you can't put the brutes in the ground where they belong. RP-PVP or bust, Grob ftw!

Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Warrior Protection
US Blaumeux
Human
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I have some toons in the 20s on Bloodsail, and do like it. But it doesn't seem like there is really much raiding on either side. Not sure. My main goal is to do raiding a lot and dungeons. Obviously, have to pick a place and level to 60 first, but I'd like to be able to find plenty of pugs for MC/Ony after gearing a bit and finding a raid guild.

Jin'se over on Bloodsail horde is cool, though. :P

Shaman Enhancement
donator Posts: 375
Troll
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Anthony wrote:
4 years ago
I have some toons in the 20s on Bloodsail, and do like it. But it doesn't seem like there is really much raiding on either side. Not sure. My main goal is to do raiding a lot and dungeons. Obviously, have to pick a place and level to 60 first, but I'd like to be able to find plenty of pugs for MC/Ony after gearing a bit and finding a raid guild.

Jin'se over on Bloodsail horde is cool, though. :P
Well hi :D

I think there will be plenty of raiding, but I think there are just way more people still leveling than there are on some other servers. I actually have no clue if people have killed Rag. Again, not a tiny server, but people are still leveling. The average level is like in the late 30's, but I'm only BSing on that point b/c the Census mod broke after a Blizz hotfix and I'm not sure the maker has tweaked it.

Gensei - Shaman, Bloodsail Buccaneers
Warrior Protection
US Blaumeux
Human
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Yeah, it's really frustrating that the census mod broke. :/ Because it's all guestimates based on what it was.