Arathi Basin
US Stalagg
donator Posts: 22
Alliance
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Never played on private servers and it has been a while since I have played WoW as a whole, but I got back into Classic and lucked into 3 flask recipes yesterday: Titans, Distilled Wisdom, and Chromatic Resistance. I dropped Herbalism for Tailoring to make the bis Archmage robe and plan on keeping Tailoring through Bloodvine. I am curious what you all think about pricing for people/raiding guilds that bring you the mats on flasks? I plan on crafting my own to sell as the profit margins are pretty good on my server, but I figured I could make a bit more by offering to craft with other people’s mats. Any thoughts please?

Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 289
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

The prices will be entirely dependent on your server and the supply and demand there. There's no way anyone can give you any real advice unless they are on your server. I would check the ah to see what they're selling for there, pay attention to trade and see what your competition is, and then set your price from there.

Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Arathi Basin
US Stalagg
Alliance
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Telvaine, I know what the price is on the AH (95g), which is very similar to private servers. My question was what to charge people if they bring me the mats to craft the flasks. 10g, 20g, 30g, 40g, etc.

Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

peon wrote:
4 years ago
Telvaine, I know what the price is on the AH (95g), which is very similar to private servers. My question was what to charge people if they bring me the mats to craft the flasks. 10g, 20g, 30g, 40g, etc.
Market rate. As high as you can charge while still being competitive. This is entirely dependent on the availability of the craft on your specific realm.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 289
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

peon wrote:
4 years ago
Yeah I understand what you're asking but as @Stfuppercut just stated it's still your server's market rate. That's why I'm saying look around on trade for people offering the same service. AH it's a way to start to get an idea which is why I mentioned it, but it all depends. If you're the only one offering to craft it for people charge then the AH price, or whatever they'll pay. If you are not the only one crafting for people (you're not), you either need to find out what others on your server are charging and be like them, or charge more or less as you see fit, and depending on what people are willing to pay.

Sorry there's no simple answer but this really is entirely server dependent. If you were around for the Kronos merge, the next two weeks were filled with people bitching about the prices of x, y, and z changing because the two private servers with the same name, run by the same people, had totally different markets.

Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Telvaine wrote:
4 years ago
Sorry there's no simple answer but this really is entirely server dependent. If you were around for the Kronos merge, the next two weeks were filled with people bitching about the prices of x, y, and z changing because the two private servers with the same name, run by the same people, had totally different markets.
Exactly. I will add that private server "values" are not really relevant because drop rates are WAY different in Classic. From my experience, Classic drop rates are way higher and things are far less valuable which is magnified by the accessibility of patterns through layering. The exception here is arcane crystals through Rich Thorium veins. Private had tuned rich thorium veins to give approximately 4-5 swings on average, in Classic after our guild has hit well over a thousand rich throrium nodes cumulatively, we estimate the average rich thorium vein to give approx 2-3 swings. This does not align with our memories of retail vanilla, but that may be because our memories are skewed from private. Regardless, most prices on Classic will be FAR lower than private due to the accessibility and drop rates of items and the largely uninformed audience of Classic in comparison to the min/max culture on private.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Arathi Basin
US Stalagg
Alliance
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I see what you both mean. I am going to gauge what the market will bear regarding what peeps will pay. Thanks for the insight and advice. The reality is, I am in the market alone basically (I know of one Titans recipe on the AH and another guildie having it and that is it). The others (Chromatic and Distilled) are not available.

Westfall
US Pagle
donator Posts: 81
Dwarf
Priest
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Keep in mind, that until BWL, the only place you can actually craft flasks is in Scholo.

Priest Holy
EU Shazzrah
donator Posts: 29
Troll
Priest
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Are flasks even selling at all? Can't imagine people flasking for MC.

Saltybob <Senile Chieftains> - Shazzrah PvP (EU)
Loch modan
EU Razorgore
donator Posts: 188
Dwarf
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Saltybob wrote:
4 years ago
Are flasks even selling at all? Can't imagine people flasking for MC.
I think you are overestimating a lot of guilds.