donator Posts: 5
Horde
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

So I am planning a warlock alt because I want to be an easy to level dps and don’t wanna pay for a mount. My only question is what race I should roll (playing horde).

It’s more of an aesthetic here as I don’t mind to min/max, I am curious which race people find more appealing: orc or undead.

donator Posts: 21
Horde
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

....?

I mean, if you're only asking about aesthetics and it's YOUR character, shouldn't you be the one to decide?

d3aths
donator Posts: 5
Horde
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Think of it more like a poll, it’s a coin toss for me right now. Mostly curious what seems to be the general favorite

Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Can't really tell you what you like looking at best. So here's a couple pictures from google images for you to look at.

Beyond that, can't help you m8.

Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Completely subjective, but from a class fantasy perspective... I don't associate big burly characters with casters. Seems like the idea of a character that turns to demonic shit is going to be doing it because they lack physical strength. So the idea of an undead warlock seems more appealing than an orc warlock.

I don't know how any of that ties into the game's lore, or if you even care. But if your only decision is aesthetic, the orc looks like a warrior and an undead looks like a warlock.

Gallow Black Monarch Rolopolo
donator Posts: 21
Horde
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Pjdob wrote:
4 years ago
Mostly curious what seems to be the general favorite
Well, that's definitely the Undead then.

Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 344
Alliance
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Pjdob wrote:
4 years ago
It’s more of an aesthetic here as I don’t mind to min/max, I am curious which race people find more appealing: orc or undead.
Undead for aesthetic, but Orc has superior racial IMO.

Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 289
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

From a lore perspective I really like orc but outside of T2 undead looks much more like a warlock

Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Gul'dan is a pretty damn solid case for orc warlock aesthetics.

rijndael Hunter
Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Just look at the two options available and choose which one you think looks prettiest. If the shapes and colors make you happy, click create. I like the shapes and colors of both pretty equally but I think the early lock sets compliment Orcs really well. I would probably like the shapes and colors of an Orc female best but I would choose that race for hardiness but you already said you have no interest in min/maxing. So look at the two shapes and click the one you like.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Tirisfal Glades
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 301
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Undead female and male has great cast animations as well. Plus you know the whole "opening cinematic undead warlock" thing is just so cool.

Guldan is a thing as well, but personally I think orcs look wonky in cloth gear in their original models & vanilla gear. TBC (tier) armor and upwards looks amazing on Orcs though.

<Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats> | Arugal Horde
Powered by https://classic.wowhead.com/item=9061/g ... ocket-fuel, our Fuel Rats go above and beyond to help out others.
Will you answer the call?
Guild Info ~ Stories ~ Discord
Paladin Protection
donator Posts: 15
Night Elf
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
4 years ago
Completely subjective, but from a class fantasy perspective... I don't associate big burly characters with casters. Seems like the idea of a character that turns to demonic shit is going to be doing it because they lack physical strength. So the idea of an undead warlock seems more appealing than an orc warlock.

I don't know how any of that ties into the game's lore, or if you even care. But if your only decision is aesthetic, the orc looks like a warrior and an undead looks like a warlock.
tbh undead probably has that supernatural idiot-strength that you see sometimes.

maybe even stronger than an orc :eek:

Felwood
EU Razorgore
donator Posts: 80
Tauren
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Undead male for cast animations
Orc male for shoulders

PvE they're pretty even.
PvP Orc is better if you're not using consumables heavily (such as free/living action potion and limited invulnerability potion). PvP Undead is better if you are using the consumes.

Warlock Demonology
US Skeram
donator Posts: 229
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

UD All day

EU Ashbringer
donator Posts: 1
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Was debating the same question, ended up being orc for two reasons.

1 - it's the original warlock race imho, even though you get the appearance of physical strength - there's always Gul'dan
2 - the 25% chance to resist stun seemed great if I ever decided to PvP

For pure aesthetics Undead seem so much better though, but I'm sticking to the points above..

Durotar
EU Skullflame
donator Posts: 16
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

would recommend to play both races/probably all genders until you receive the imp - then choose what animations you liked best/and weigh the imp name into the decision and play a bit with the dressing room/look how the different combinations look like in their bis/tier sets.

FROST SHOCK!
Deleted User 2577
donator Posts:
Deleted User 2577
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I dont pick for aesthetics because it doesnt really mean anything in terms of combat. Thats my answer.

Warlock Destruction
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 307
Undead
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Aesthetics because if you're not happy with how your character looks then it really doesnt matter what other benefits it will have in the game.

I'm into PvP and I play UD. Many R13/R14 from private servers were also UD. Consumables are far more important in winning fights than passives. Cannibalize and WotF is also underrated in PvE.

Warlock Affliction
US Kirtonos
donator Posts: 363
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I was a priest back in vanilla and a big reason was shadow form!
Glowing purple was so bad ass and i loved applying a dot to eat away at my opponent, loved shadow and what it brings!
So i guess even in vanilla i was eventually become the master at shadow and DoTs, a Warlock!

I picked undead because of aesthetics, they just look badass even as other classes!
Perfect example is Rogue! They look so deadly when stealth!
Undead just scream, death and decay, which is how i see the Warlock class fantasy as...Orcs look so goofy in robes and in the tier sets!
Just butt ugly lol

Nymis wrote:
4 years ago
Cannibalize and WotF is also underrated in PvE.
What this guy said!
Even with hardness, I cant justify being an orc...I just feel the worst out come where i fight a rogue and i dont resist a single stun...
Also who doesnt want to eat your opponent once you took their SOUL!!!!! BHAAHAAAHHHHAAAA :twisted:

BUT...an Orc Warlock in Tier 5 in TBC is the best...BEST...looking set on any race for warlock

Image Image
Image Image
| Nýxt - Demonology Warlock | Kirtonos PVP | Level 50 | - | Awkaran - Resto Druid | Kirtonos PVP | Level 20 |
| Fatherbatch - Holy Priest | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 | - | Reignmaker - Frost Mage | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 |
Shaman Elemental
donator Posts: 69
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I chose Orc for my main lock because of the racial trait that gives 25% resistance to stuns. That's a game changer in PvP. Some would argue that the Undead get-out-of fear ability is better, but that has a cooldown... Plus those pesky rogues with their chain stuns can be a real nuisance >_<

Hey there, ClassicRaids here! Join our weekly Free WoW Game Time Giveaway!

ClassicRaids is a website centered around endgame content for World of Warcraft Classic. We help our users with a WoW Classic Guild Recruitment List, Character Search & Lookup, and Gold Making Profession Guides. Check us out and let us know if there's anything we can do to better support the Classic WoW community!
Shaman Enhancement
donator Posts: 375
Troll
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

So if we're only talking aesthetics...

I've always loved the idea of Orc Warlock. But I hate the aesthetic. In the lore, Guldan is noted as smaller, and skinnier than other orcs. But in WoW, your orc warlock has the same big juicy biceps as a warrior. And they look strange in dresses.

But worst of all, Orcs look very silly on horses/felsteeds.

Gensei - Shaman, Bloodsail Buccaneers
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 12
Undead
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Undead all the way, it's just fits in so well in my mind.

Fenn [Firemaw EU]

Darnassus
donator Posts: 57
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

As the guy above mentioned, orcs don't fit on Felsteed. That's a major factor. I say choose the one with the best casting animation, in your opinion. You'll always be casting stuff no matter what!

[ Golemagg | Alliance | Hunter | Lucas ]