US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 344
Alliance
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

OP: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t ... ica/304024

Blizzard Entertainment
Tomorrow, Thursday, September 19 at 1:00 p.m. CDT, we will open the new Latin American Spanish realm: Loatheb (PvP). You will find it on the new ‘Latin America’ tab in the WoW Classic realms list for Americas realms.

Free character moves will be available from all PvP realms in this region to Loatheb for 11 days.

The new realm will be locked for new character creation for the first 24 hours that it is open. This is to maximize the possibility that transferring players can keep their character’s name.

Thank you!

OP: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t ... zil/304022

Blizzard Entertainment
Tomorrow, Thursday, September 19 at 3:00 p.m. BRT, we will open the new Brazilian Portuguese realm: Sul’thraze (PvP). You will find it on the new ‘Brazil’ tab in the WoW Classic realms list for Americas realms.

Free character moves will be available from all PvP realms in this region to Sul’thraze for 11 days.

The new realm will be locked for new character creation for the first 24 hours that it is open. This is to maximize the possibility that transferring players can keep their character’s name.

Thank you!

It seems that Blizzard has determined that both populations are large enough to support their own realms, which I thought the Latin American community in particular was concerned about. Maybe the hype in SA was as real as NA. :lol:

Loch modan
EU Judgement
donator Posts: 33
Dwarf
Priest
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

There was some backlash from the EU Spanish community yesterday on the Blizzard forums demanding separate Spanish servers with a knife at Blizzard's neck.

The reasoning was mostly racism against the Spanish community on EU servers, which apparently is a thing idk.

I wonder if this is Blizzard's response to the EU Spanish community as well.

Badlands
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 367
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Foohy wrote:
4 years ago
I wonder if this is Blizzard's response to the EU Spanish community as well.
Knowing Blizzard I think it is.

Image    Image    Image
Deadwind Pass
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 223
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I just want a spanish version for the game and that's it, I stuck with Herod as a Latino.

<Tyranny>
Herod - PvP
Winterspring
EU Pyrewood Village
donator Posts: 146
Troll
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I'm not gonna move from Pyrewood Village. They could have listened before and didn't so I won't migrate from where I'm comfortable.

daisyKutter - Troll Protection Warrior
EU PvE - Pyrewood Village - Horde
Druid Feral
US Incendius
donator Posts: 163
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

daisyKutter wrote:
4 years ago
I'm not gonna move from Pyrewood Village. They could have listened before and didn't so I won't migrate from where I'm comfortable.
Yea seriously. Too little too late blizz.

Where was this response back when literally everyone was shouting 'just make a spanish server!".

Who is running things over there?

Horde | Druid | Incendius | Cowligula
Silverpine Forest
donator Posts: 391
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

So does this mean we can't have arguments over the mutual intelligibility of Spanish and Portugese?

Threads I've derailed: 0
Flame wars I've started: 0
Threads I've started that mentioned other posters by name: 0
Accounts I've created for the sole purpose of mocking other posters: 0

My reputation is clean.