donator Posts: 1
Alliance
Mage
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I recently rewatched the Kill Bill movies and in the airplane scene where she sits down and starts writing down her "Death List" on a notepad.. So I had the idea for a similar addon in WoW Classic.

https://imgur.com/a/Lr3VFaq

Just a simple book where you could add a persons name so you can remember to kill them whenever you see them in the world. You need to kill them and when you do you have to personally open your Kill List/Death List, right click their name and cross them out.

What do you guys think? I have no addon programming experience so this just an idea.

Snoober
Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 344
Alliance
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Not bad

Warlock Affliction
US Bigglesworth
donator Posts: 146
Alliance
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I'd use it

EU Golemagg
donator Posts: 1
Gnome
Mage
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

That sounds really handy

Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

EMinc wrote:
4 years ago
You need to kill them and when you do you have to personally open your Kill List/Death List, right click their name and cross them out.
You could definitely automate a lot of the process, if someone had the programming ability. When you are killed by a player outside of BG, have a prompt box pop-up and ask: "Add [PlayerName] to your kill list?"

And then when you kill [PlayerName] it can either automatically strike it off the list with a notification, or prompt with: "You have killed [PlayerName]! Would you like to strike them off the list, or continue to hunt them?"

I would use it I think, makes it easier to remember kills/deaths and personal vendettas that are formed. The servers are sooo high population it is really hard to remember the names of people you have killed or been killed by.

ShamelessEU fendor
Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Tirisfal Glades
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 301
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Not quite the same "cross out of a list" function, but there is already an addon that does this (and so much more).
It's called Spy. It keeps track of all enemy faction members you come across, and who killed you / who you killed on a very handy list. You can choose to click their names to add them to your Kill on Sight list with a click of a button, and this addon will give you a small warning whenever someone on your KoS is near you.

<Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats> | Arugal Horde
Powered by https://classic.wowhead.com/item=9061/g ... ocket-fuel, our Fuel Rats go above and beyond to help out others.
Will you answer the call?
Guild Info ~ Stories ~ Discord
Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Gallow wrote:
4 years ago
click their names to add them to your Kill on Sight list with a click of a button, and this addon will give you a small warning whenever someone on your KoS is near you.
That would probably work as good, if not better. I used a similar addon back in vanilla actually. Less hit list, more calculating honor decay on targets killed multiple times and keeping track of who you have killed before. It may have had the KoS feature, but I don't remember that far back.

Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 289
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I really like the idea but since I kill every horde on sight it wouldn't do me much good personally. I don't corpse camp, and I don't take getting killed personally. I mostly just punish people for daring to degrade my zone with their presence. The nerve of some of you brutes defies the mind.

Hunter Isomena
Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Loch modan
EU Razorgore
donator Posts: 188
Dwarf
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I second what Gallow said. Spy feels like a must have addon for anyone playing on a PvP server.

Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Samaraner wrote:
4 years ago
I second what Gallow said. Spy feels like a must have addon for anyone playing on a PvP server.
Used it last night, and actually engaged in a shitload of PvP in Desolace. It is a great addon, and certainly helpful for world pvp. +1 to Spy

Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 289
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Selexin wrote:
4 years ago
Samaraner wrote:
4 years ago
Used it last night, and actually engaged in a shitload of PvP in Desolace. It is a great addon, and certainly helpful for world pvp. +1 to Spy
Yeah I 100% agree with this, there is just no substitute for the awareness it gives you.

Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Tirisfal Glades
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 301
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Spy even notifies you if a rogue / druid within your area has gone stealth. Which is borderline broken but hey, the game allows it. It's so valuable on a PvP server.

Selexin
<Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats> | Arugal Horde