Shaman Enhancement
EU Dreadmist
donator Posts: 37
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I'm struggling currently struggling against mobs that are around my level currently, and I think its because my weapon is so hilariously poor. I'm level 21, and the best weapon I have come across (which is what I am currently using) is "Edge of the Peoples Milita", which is a 2H sword with 11.2DPS and +5 stamina.

How do you warriors make sure you are keeping your weapons up to date?

Cheers xoxo

Blasted Lands
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 201
Human
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Sikeo wrote:
4 years ago
I'm struggling currently struggling against mobs that are around my level currently, and I think its because my weapon is so hilariously poor. I'm level 21, and the best weapon I have come across (which is what I am currently using) is "Edge of the Peoples Milita", which is a 2H sword with 11.2DPS and +5 stamina.

Cheers xoxo
I have seen plenty of warriors going for Smites hammer at lv18 - 20, at 21 you should have no problem tanking DM and finding groups for that easy if you want the weapon

EU - Firemaw
Alliance Warlock
Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 344
Alliance
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Sikeo wrote:
4 years ago
@Sikeo, check out Kargoz's Warrior guide here:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/ ... 442_810_22

Slides 26 through 34 will give you a list of 2Hs you can upgrade throughout the leveling process.

Sikeo teebling
Silverpine Forest
donator Posts: 391
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Quests and dungeons, mostly.

Threads I've derailed: 0
Flame wars I've started: 0
Threads I've started that mentioned other posters by name: 0
Accounts I've created for the sole purpose of mocking other posters: 0

My reputation is clean.
EU Wyrmthalak
donator Posts: 8
Alliance
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

The most honest way possible, I beg for gold in SW and buy weapons off AH.

Selexin
Winterspring
EU Pyrewood Village
donator Posts: 146
Troll
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Yeah that's not gonna make the cut for level 21. I'm currently lvl 22 and my main hand does the same dps. For equipping nice weapons for your level on classic you have multiple options but the one I use (not the optimal by far) is just finishing the quest chains of my area, that usually makes your level above the mobs on the area by the time you finish all the quest there and the rewards are not bad. But if you are in dire need of an upgrade just go to a Dungeon and grind one till the item you want drops.

Sikeo
daisyKutter - Troll Protection Warrior
EU PvE - Pyrewood Village - Horde
Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

It’s always going to be a struggle - right now I’ve got Corpsemaker at level 32 and working my towards WW axe. Should hopefully pick up the SM two hander before I hit 40 then beyond that who knows!

Selexin
Mulgore
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 83
Tauren
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I used a crappy mid-20's green mace until about 35 when I finally got assistance swapping to Whirlwind. The difference was night and day.

That being said, the reason I stuck with that is because I refused to AH one (which might have been a mistake, given how cheap they were) and could not get a 2H drop to safe my life.

That being said - look at staves. https://classic.wowhead.com/item=6318/odos-ley-staff is great for some healers, but it's also fantastic for a warrior. Don't worry about it not being a speccable weapon. By the time that matters, you'll be slinging axes.

Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Steerclear wrote:
4 years ago
That being said - look at staves. Odo's Ley Staff is great for some healers, but it's also fantastic for a warrior. Don't worry about it not being a speccable weapon. By the time that matters, you'll be slinging axes.
Yeh I see way more warriors reppin' staves which is a solid choice. Most popular being the Wailing Caverns reward staff for horde. Thing is solid.

Stfuppercut
Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Arathi Basin
EU Ten Storms
donator Posts: 253
Alliance
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Selexin wrote:
4 years ago
Steerclear wrote:
4 years ago
That being said - look at staves. Odo's Ley Staff is great for some healers, but it's also fantastic for a warrior. Don't worry about it not being a speccable weapon. By the time that matters, you'll be slinging axes.
Yeh I see way more warriors reppin' staves which is a solid choice. Most popular being the Wailing Caverns reward staff for horde. Thing is solid.
Yeah, https://classic.wowhead.com/item=6505/crescent-staff is killer for melees. I used this on my shaman until around 27-28. It had nice intellect for my shammie + the dps is great as enhancement.

It only requires some prequests from Xroads that will lead you to Thunderbluff, there you get the quest Leaders of The Fang, and one go through WC will net you this.

Selexin
Altaholic playing the following:
Ten Storms EU Alliance
Finnigan - Dwarf Hunter Lvl 30
Portalmaster - Gnome Mage Lvl 19
Shaelur - Dwarf Paladin Lvl 22
Shaelus - Night Elf Druid Lvl 50
Hunter Marksman
EU Zandalar Tribe
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Sikeo wrote:
4 years ago

Cheers xoxo
You should do a wowhead query every now and then, like this one: https://classic.wowhead.com/weapons/min ... ms:50-2+18
Looking at the query results you could go for Orc Crusher, or maybe even try Ancient War Sword, or if those fail check out Trogg Slicer. If you regularly upgrade your weapon the leveling should be just fine, but a warrior is really gear dependant.

Shaman Enhancement
EU Dreadmist
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Finally managed to get to Deadmines last night, hoping to grab smites hammer, but it didn't drop! I picked up https://classic.wowhead.com/item=2042/staff-of-westfall from the defias brotherhood chain following @Steerclear and others suggestions, which looks like it's going to last me a while!

Cheers dudes!

Mulgore
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 196
Tauren
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

If you keep up blacksmithing you can help yourself by hunting for specific recipes. Or find a trusty blacksmith to do this for you :-) Dungeon loot is always better, but you have to loot it and usually win the roll. I'm keeping my weapon updated with my shaman blacksmith and it's going REALLY well :-)

teebling
Ish-ne-alo por-ah (May the days ahead be guided by the elders of long ago)

Hydraxian Waterlords - RP - EU
  • Fendor - Tauren Shaman
  • Ildebrando - Dwarf Hunter
  • Osandiron - Dwarf Priest
Shaman Enhancement
EU Dreadmist
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I did try to keep my blacksmithing up alongside my main, but I was struggling for money so I dropped it for skinning whilst I'm leveling, so I'll pick it up again later on.

There are some blacksmiths in my guild though that are higher level than me, so I might see if theres anything they can make for me later on.

Mulgore
EU Shazzrah
donator Posts: 22
Horde
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

First of all, I don't understand why people play this game as a single player. I always played with friends, and we are helping each other. With that in mind, I do not understand why people consider some things hard... I had WW axe from lvl 32, being first among my group to reach that level, people helping me were 28+ for Trolls in STV, we pooled money together to buy charms and did WW quest with other people doing the elite quest at the same time, then when my friends were up for the same quest I helped them back. Same came for the mount. My friend surpassed me on leveling so he was short 20g for 40 mount, and he repaid it in a day, then I took 25g from him, same way we pooled money for Executioners Cleavers on 43 which is almost epic and can take you to 60 without issues. First he took from me, then I took from him, and we both had EC from 43.

In 20 range you need Smites Hammer [A] / Zhovur Axe [H] which will get you in range of WW, then just ask for help from people around ya

- - -
Mookey & Cosá @ Shazzrah EU
Past: Mookey <The Celestial Defender> Xavius EU & Cosa @ Lightning's Blade / Northdale / Lightbringer
Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 344
Alliance
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

mookey wrote:
4 years ago
First of all, I don't understand why people play this game as a single player.
Friends and guildies aren't on-call around the clock. I think he's just trying to be self-sufficient. :wink:

fendor
Mulgore
US Grobbulus
Tauren
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Sikeo wrote:
4 years ago
Finally managed to get to Deadmines last night, hoping to grab smites hammer, but it didn't drop! I picked up https://classic.wowhead.com/item=2042/staff-of-westfall from the defias brotherhood chain following @Steerclear and others suggestions, which looks like it's going to last me a while!

Cheers dudes!
BTW, a spirit set in your bags completely negates any need for food. You'll use bandages and save so much time leveling it's insane. Grab an addon like ItemRack and bind your spirit and normal sets to it. My one-two punch is:

- Kill mob(s)
- Swap to spirit set
- Loot
- Skin (if applicable)
- Swap back to battle set

If I pull multiples, I burn em best I can. If I survive, I do the same thing but throw in a bandage. I've not carried food (aside from "I leveled cooking" buff food at all from 1-53.

Stfuppercut teebling Pippina
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Selexin wrote:
4 years ago
Yep. Warriors have gotten wise over the years. Items like https://classic.wowhead.com/item=13372/ ... ivers-cane and https://classic.wowhead.com/item=9477/t ... s-enforcer use to go to waste. There are A LOT of staves that are itemized really well for warriors. If you are in need of a green, check the AH. So many staves that are itemized for warriors, or even agility heavy staves for hunters just dont get sold and you can usually snag a really good 2hander for really cheap.
Steerclear wrote:
4 years ago
BTW, a spirit set in your bags completely negates any need for food. You'll use bandages and save so much time leveling it's insane. Grab an addon like ItemRack and bind your spirit and normal sets to it.
YES! A good spirit is cheaper AND more valuable than a good DPS set. Invest in heavy spirit gear which will decrease your time between pulls. This usually nets you more efficiency than stacking a good DPS set and decreasing your combat time. A warrior will often spend more time out of combat than in combat without a good spirit set.

Pippina
g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I had never thought about collecting a spirit set as a warrior. I'll do this when I get around to leveling mine.

Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
4 years ago
I had never thought about collecting a spirit set as a warrior. I'll do this when I get around to leveling mine.
Yep, give it a try. Find a nice gear swap addon that allows you to quickly swap gear sets and youre good to go.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Mulgore
US Grobbulus
Tauren
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I never bought a piece of spirit gear, as it's completely unnecessary to do so. Quest rewards and owl/whale drops will be fine, not to mention copious amounts of dungeon stuff. https://classic.wowhead.com/item=6318/odos-ley-staff was useless to my group because everyone had the https://classic.wowhead.com/item=6505/crescent-staff (you can use this staff as well, and many do, but I elected to get the Wingblade for tanking). I didn't replace it for my spirit set until I picked up https://classic.wowhead.com/item=10826/staff-of-lore from Tanaris (easy quest).

Leveling, I grouped with maybe 2-3 druids for over 50 levels, and none of them wanted the healer druid gear. So I just soaked it up. I'm 53, still holding Spirit gear, and am getting about 200 health / tick with roughly 175 spirit. That plus any bandage over Mageweave and you're back to full health in 10 seconds.

For the record, I wouldn't have stuck with it as long without ItemRack. Making and updating a /equip macro became tedious.